Chreees's Collection Thread

Chreees

But the birds do match?  :D

They have eyebrows and cartoon google eyes...

I'm talking about the birds match the color of the stem. Obviously they're different from the canaries Elmas uses. Either way, I actually prefer these because they have more details than the Elmas ones.

>Nice man, I really like the stem, too bad about the spinning birds lol. Also, yea, the tray and windcover will be better as the stem oxidizes a bit, it looks quite fresh (though you should upgrade to the Elmas tray because it's sexier). I do, however, think that vase may not be the best match. Maybe it needs to grow on me but the chamber looks a bit weird sitting on the vase and I think if the stem was taller it would look more proportional. However, it clearly only matters what you think of it. The stem itself is very nice and no doubt it shares molds with the 639. Congrats,

Chris!

Are you trying to upset Hassouni by telling me not to use the vase he brought back from Lebanon for me? :lol:

In all seriousness, I love the vase and how the setup looks altogether. I'll leave it be for now.

And yes, SPINNERS!!!!! :P I may take some JB Weld to it someday, but I'm not too worried about it right now. It tightens fairly well into place.

I just think that vase needs a taller sleeker pipe

That's what I was saying, As for upsetting Hassaan, it's no concern of mine :p just saying what I think lol. But as I said, all that matters is you like it and I'm happy you do!

Hass- I agree with what you told me concerning the brand of the pipe. I'm just gonna call it a Turkish Canary for now.

Ashley- Can't, lol. I'm in a hotel room for the next couple months, and the greyhounds picture is in storage in West TN.

Well, I'm not going to acknowledge that it's your pipe until I see some dogs in the background. Either way, your pics and some stuff he has for sale now has me interested in Turkish pipes for the first time.

Enjoy it, who's ever it is. :D

Wait, "your pics"? I thought you weren't convinced it was my pipe. :P

You talking about the eBay guy? If you do order from him, expect it to take a month, and have things missing from the package potentially. Not to mention the package about falling apart. But, you will get a pretty decent deal on a solid brass Turkish pipe at least.

He was supposed to send me the shank, tray, windcover, bowl (he called it a meerschaum, lol), and something else. Can't remember what it was. Guess I could go back and look in my email, but it was nothing big. Anyway, the package only contained the shank, tray, windcover, and about 10-20 mouth tips. I really didn't need the two missing items, so no loss at all to me.

I didn't bring my Turk bowl with me, so I have to use my Tangiers Mini Phunnel with the adapter I made. Then again, I only brought Tangiers to the hotel with me as well, so... Lol.

[quote name="Subzero" post="570995" timestamp="1360533513"]All look great that AF small solid has my eye.[/quote

Out of all the hookahs I have owned, it actually wasn't one of the best. The first generation AF hookahs were much better quality. This was a second gen.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sold my Tokel Canary Turkish hookah and purchased a Khalil Mamoon Prince stem to go with my Syrian trumpet. It came in today:

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/6811A4EE-45E5-4E43-BA50-5A910E904CED_zpsfoa4yaiw.jpg.html]6811A4EE-45E5-4E43-BA50-5A910E904CED_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/2FF03BAE-DCFB-4890-B0FA-BA36D0AD8297_zpsxqgv5rnu.jpg.html]2FF03BAE-DCFB-4890-B0FA-BA36D0AD8297_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/C868C226-8944-41BE-8D10-19787A17E53B_zpsnrfca2mp.jpg.html]C868C226-8944-41BE-8D10-19787A17E53B_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/22EB3C8F-2793-40AD-80C0-C63D31C3748F_zpsa88u4siy.jpg.html]22EB3C8F-2793-40AD-80C0-C63D31C3748F_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/8480A70A-5990-40C8-8D83-65D6A0F1B6B6_zpsjr3xxdlb.jpg.html]8480A70A-5990-40C8-8D83-65D6A0F1B6B6_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/C6BC228F-7D61-4ABC-837C-62C2B371FA05_zpshwym8klk.jpg.html]C6BC228F-7D61-4ABC-837C-62C2B371FA05_zps[/URL]

And here it is with the base tray on, which is beautiful but will likely never use:

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/6A164023-056E-4C28-9F4A-413D3D9AEA61_zpsegkv1pgq.jpg.html]6A164023-056E-4C28-9F4A-413D3D9AEA61_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/F47F6E41-0509-41DA-9354-EFCFA5EC82CD_zpstufyptef.jpg.html]F47F6E41-0509-41DA-9354-EFCFA5EC82CD_zps[/URL]

I just recently found out about this hookah when I was getting bored with my Turk and started looking for something different. Khalil Mamoon decided to fill the demand for the Al Fakher Large Solid that everyone loves but cannot find anymore, and came up with this. Now I have never had the pleasure of owning the AF Large Solid, but I did own the AF Small Solid. It was an okay hookah. Smoked well enough, but the craftsmanship was shoddy in places (weld marks, the top screw threads and the threads for the purge valve, not to mention the purge valve sucked in general). Anyway, I'm EXTREMELY happy with KM's version of this based off of looks alone (have yet to smoke it, I will tonight as I've been busy all day). It's just beautiful. It has way more engravings, even says Khalil Mamoon in Arabic on the downstem, and something else on the upper brass part of the stem. Everything is extremely functional it looks like, and I can't wait to smoke it! Detailed review will be done within the next few days.

I love it on that base, without the tray. Seems to have the Syrian screw-together design (above the heart) and a Syrian hose port, now I wonder if the draw is any bit restricted... 

I just hope it is not like Al Fakher 2nd generation Solids where the gold paint wore off quickly. AF had something great but really dropped the ball, I'm glad that KM picked it up and made a better product. 

It's definitely screwed together in sections- I had to move the bottom part above the heart down a bit to get some of the plastic out that was left behind (apparently they screw the pieces together with the plastic still on, then rip it off, I've seen other Syrians like this before). In a couple other reviews, folks said it smokes about like any other KM. I'm going to smoke either tonight and tomorrow and will let you know. All I can tell right now is everything seems to be built really well, and not sloppy at all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and the base tray is actually much nicer/seems thicker than the tray for the top, but I won't use it since I don't see the point of a base tray, and because I think it looks way better without it. I just wish as much work went into the top tray. :/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Fouda! I'm quite pleased with how it looks. Exactly what I was looking for. Now, to smoke it. Which will be tomorrow afternoon/evening... I just wore myself out today with all I had to get done, and now I must go to bed! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk