Part Of Stem Broke

Hello Everyone,

I have a triple hose hookah that I've been using for several years now. One day I was going to twist off the main piece from the vase, and a part of the stem cracked leaving half of the stem inside of the vase and the other half in my hand. The stem is actually two pieces though, the top part is where the hose connectors attach onto and going up, and the bottom part screws onto the top part and then seals around the edge of the vase and has the long metal tube that goes down into the water. The bottom part broke, but the main part of the stem (top part) is still perfectly fine.

I've been looking on all of the hookah parts sites I can find, and I haven't found any parts that look like the one I need. I was wondering if you guys could identify this part, and let me know if it's plausible to find a replacement / tell me your general thoughts.

Thanks,
Nate

Here is the top part of the stem, notice the threads that the bottom part (broken, shown in next picture) screws onto.
[img]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/209/p1010052dh.jpg[/img]

And here is the bottom part, that broke and I want to replace. The grommet seems removable, the long stem part may be removable, but I couldn't remove it with pliers easily.
[img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2860/p1010043hb.jpg[/img]

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1286940534' post='484890']
if you have a saughtering gun (spelling??) you might be able to just fix it yourself?
[/quote]

Solder Iain, But I forgive you because I blame MU. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

On Topic:

Looks to be a generic Chinese rig, so finding parts could be really really easy, or extremely tough. Don't recall seeing to many of that design around, though I'll keep my eyes open.

Another thing, try taking it to a local hardware store and see if they can't help you build another piece in store. A lot of places can do this type of thing these days. Cut some metal tubing, and thread the ends of it to match those of the original. Seems like that's all that has to be done, although if I had a hands on of it, I'm sure it would be easier to figure something out. Take it in, see what they say!

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1286946619' post='484901']
if you have a saughtering gun (spelling??) you might be able to just fix it yourself?
[/quote]

On Topic:

Looks to be a generic Chinese rig, so finding parts could be really really easy, or extremely tough. Don't recall seeing to many of that design around, though I'll keep my eyes open.

Another thing, try taking it to a local hardware store and see if they can't help you build another piece in store. A lot of places can do this type of thing these days. Cut some metal tubing, and thread the ends of it to match those of the original. Seems like that's all that has to be done, although if I had a hands on of it, I'm sure it would be easier to figure something out. Take it in, see what they say!
[/quote]

im assuming by MU you meant UM? lmao

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1286946801' post='484902']
[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1286946619' post='484901']
[/quote]

On Topic:

[/quote]

im assuming by MU you meant UM? lmao

[/quote]

Yeah.....I did........and Sir, I will admit that you won this round. I am the idiot apparently :pardon:

Its even worse because I'm from FL.....But in my defense, I haven't slept in three days so live it up while you can my friend.

i shall treasure this victory as long as i can!

this subject seems to have strayed far from the original now... lol

JB Weld works wonders. I had a hookah I fixed by JB Welding the downstem together and its holding up just fine. Or you can do the HF thing and just buy a new, better hookah :)
  • Upvote 1