What Do You Do For A Living?

Chreees

[quote name='SweetNut' date='29 December 2009 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1262142668' post='442409']
[quote name='TheScotsman' date='15 December 2009 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1260863604' post='439149']
[quote name='SweetNut' date='14 December 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1260831420' post='438985']
I work for a company that make heirloom quality woodworking tools... dont know if I can post the website... but if you are in the market for a nice tool for the woodworker in your life... send me a PM
[/quote]

Must be Lie-Nielsen.

I absolutely love every one I have.
None better at any price.
[/quote]

It IS Lie-Nielsen.... Im impressed... I make the bench planes.... please tell me you have one!
[/quote]

A number 2, 3, and 4, low angle jack and smoothing (absolutely the best tools made... proof the USA does still make a few great things)

[quote name='liquidglass' date='30 December 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1262179615' post='442513']
No longer a retail whore now working as an insurance/benefit contractor. My own schedule, life is good.
[/quote]

I am changing mine, too! I just accepted a position as a Kindergarten teacher, so that will be my new full time job! I'll still teach dance but cut that back (fun but the pay stinks!)

[quote name='vitza' date='02 January 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1262410745' post='442900']
nursing school... graduating this june! w00tw00t!

feel free to ask any health related questions, we're taught to be "mini-doctors" in a way LOL
[/quote]

Lol what do you mean Mini doctors? Nurses are the backbone of any good medical facility. You guys ARE doctors without the title.

im an offset web press operater...... i print the news paper just figured i would jazz up the job title some! i plan on starting college in the spring and would one day like to own a small restaurant.

[quote name='liquidglass' date='02 January 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1262424586' post='442933']
[quote name='vitza' date='02 January 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1262410745' post='442900']
nursing school... graduating this june! w00tw00t!

feel free to ask any health related questions, we're taught to be "mini-doctors" in a way LOL
[/quote]

Lol what do you mean Mini doctors? Nurses are the backbone of any good medical facility. You guys ARE doctors without the title.
[/quote]

haha thanks man!! the profession is pretty often underrated...

minidoctors though meaning that what we're taught is pretty freaking detailed, people often think nurses are taught simple things are the complicated ones are left to the doctors to deal w/... NOPE

[quote name='Decapitated Toy' date='02 January 2010 - 06:34 AM' timestamp='1262432044' post='442946']
im an offset web press operater...... i print the news paper just figured i would jazz up the job title some! i plan on starting college in the spring and would one day like to own a small restaurant.

[/quote]

I did that when I lived in VA... I loved that job, but it is messy as hell!

• 7 months later...
Just wanting to see what you guys do for a living! I work for a company called fenner. I work in the tape department. Our tape is used to wrap wires under 747 jets and cars

[quote name='jobless' date='10 August 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1281490986' post='478387']
im jobless.......
[/quote]

HA!

Reilnitter- I merged your topic with the one I started a while back, to keep them all in the same place. Now you can know just about everyone's occupation! And maybe people have switched jobs by now, lol.

I work in the store part of a salon. I book appointments and sell expensive hair products that I didn't even use before I started working there. Employee discounts on products are nice but quickly turning me into a hair-snob. The job doesn't pay very well but I get free haircuts and waxes and all of that.

full time college student, music performance major, going into my second year. doing grad school right after and then possibly getting my DMA right after that. then trying to find a constant gig in an orchestra