9/11 Quran Burning Event In Florida

mustafabey

I love this woman, I wish there were more people like her. Take 10 min and listen to part of this sermon from a church in Columbus, Ohio.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUPZDln-NY&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUPZDln-NY&feature=player_embedded[/url]

I started this thread and I am agreeable to it being eliminated:post-5619-1201289386:

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1283996499' post='481662']
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1283995719' post='481660']
Sec. Clinton has requested that media cease giving any press to this man and his church because it will make matters worse. We've all pretty much agreed this guy is a nut job and maybe we should close and erase this thread so as to not be another searchable source on it? God knows I'm in favor of free speech, but if it contributes to web searches and thereby helping to inflame the topic, then yeah, maybe we need to eliminate the thread.

Anyone second the motion?

'Rani
[/quote]

Doesn't matter... Fox News will be covering this story no matter what. But we all know Fox News is not a TRUE source for news.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3LUid0IZ2w[/media]
[/quote]

Yeah, but ever hear that whole "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" thing? Regardless of what everyone else decides, I'm going to abstain from further comment because I don't want to be part of continuing to inflame the issue. And it does occur to me the man is after press considering his little church is only 50 people. Had the media not taken it up, [u]after[/u] he posted it on the internet to drum up attention, we wouldn't have had the demonstrations we are having overseas at all.

I think it was a positive thing to realize that we all want no part of this kind of hatred and obscenity, and that we have good people here, but could be we're paving the road to hell with our good intentions.

'Rani

I was absolutely disgusted by this when I first heard about it. I don't think this guy realizes the consequences for this. How are the people in Iraq and Afghanistan going to react towards our troops after this? It is going to be CHAOS. I cannot believe this, I really can't this is such a travesty in every sense. I can't comprehend this man's logic, I really can't and I am honestly afraid of what problems this is going to create for our nation.

Final Salvo
A quote from Heinrich Heine

[i]Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen[/i]

"Where they burn books, so too will they in the end burn human beings."

Heine was Jewish and his books were burned in 1930's Germany

The guy is a nut. Most the Christians here are totaly against it. I hear a lot of people predicting he will be assasinated if he goes through with this.

Crazy son of a bitch.
Needs to be taken to a nut house.

Also - what is even crazier is that American's all over the world are going to be killed and injured despite this act being committed by about 50 crazy Christians.
Just shows how insane both religions are if you ask me.

People (Christians) offend other people (muslims) who didn't do the offending (handful of crazy fuckers in planes) in the first place. It escalates.
Violence in-sues. People offend and attack other people who were not there to be offended.

Just shows how irrational people are when it comes to defending an idea and institution they believe in.

[quote name='porksandwich9113' timestamp='1284054140' post='481729']
Crazy son of a bitch.
Needs to be taken to a nut house.

Also - what is even crazier is that American's all over the world are going to be killed and injured despite this act being committed by about 50 crazy Christians.
Just shows how insane both religions are if you ask me.

People (Christians) offend other people (muslims) who didn't do the offending (handful of crazy fuckers in planes) in the first place. It escalates.
Violence in-sues. People offend and attack other people who were not there to be offended.

Just shows how irrational people are when it comes to defending an idea and institution they believe in.
[/quote]

No Muslims or Christian has ever killed someone.

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1283921090' post='481578']
Weird how the Ground Zero Mosque is acceptable and this is not.
[/quote]

Weird how F*ing ignorant this comment is. Step outside and smack your head against a brick wall a few times for good cause.

What gives anyone the right to neglect the Muslim religion or the placement of their temple. The fact of the matter is whether it be a Church, Synagogue, or Mosque, each person is entitled to their own religious beliefs and the nature of what happened on 9-11 should not affect the hard working American Muslims that have lived in our country for years anymore than it already has. Why do people deem it a necessity to cause an issue over something like this? It is a place of worship and should not be brought into a debate or spark radical bullshit such as what the idiots down Florida seem to be attempting to pull in the burning a religious Muslim text. These people have dealt with the after affects of that day for 9 years now, being persecuted wrongfully in a country that many of them call home as well as yourself. Why do they deserve any less respect than you or I?

Overall this whole thing angers me, I'm a Catholic though i don't practice heavily anymore, and the fact of the matter is that these people deserve to have a place of worship just like anyone and everyone else, without a single question as to the motive or the respect of the location. It is a temple of worship not a place of war.

And just to also add a note, i do believe it will cause controversy. But the issue is not that, the issue is the fact that people need to get their goddamn heads out of their asses and learn to accept and move on from what happened. This is an alternate form to racial oppression in its finest of definitions.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

[quote name='agunn1231' timestamp='1284066651' post='481760']
So....just heard on the radio that the burning was called off
[/quote]

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1284067366' post='481763']
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1"]http://www.cnn.com/2...hpt=T1&iref=BN1[/url]
[/quote]

Thank god.

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1284067661' post='481764']
[quote name='agunn1231' timestamp='1284066651' post='481760']
So....just heard on the radio that the burning was called off
[/quote]

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1284067366' post='481763']
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1"]http://www.cnn.com/2...hpt=T1&iref=BN1[/url]
[/quote]

Thank god.
[/quote]
Yeah i was listing to john and ken on KFI , they said the paster was going tonew york to meet with the imams of the ground zero mosque

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1283958373' post='481612']

Yes, I think that is what the law says,however my theory is that if a group people decided to have a public event and burn Jewish holy books, the reaction would lead to arrests of somekind, probably under hate crime statutes. Because of the Holocaust and the media, w e in America are quite sensitive to trials and tribulations of the Jewish people. The scepter of nazism still clouds our history. And, whether it is considered being submissive or afraid of Islamic reaction, anything that puts our troops in danger, that comes from this country is just plain obscene. Plus, if we are trying to elicit change and democracy in the Middle East, this is surely not the way to heal interfaith wounds. Infact, what this pastor is doing, whether he is aware of it or not, is making a wonderful and effective commercial to recruit suicide bombers and Jihadist for al Qaeda and similar organizations. Freedom of speech is a very important part of the Constitution,but when it threatens the lives of American boys it no longer represents freedom of any kind.
[/quote]

Law is law. People have the right to gather peacefully and demonstrate. They can burn bras, books, or flags. There is no law against burning scripture from any religion. That's what makes America great, freedom of speech. What makes America stupid is what some people have to say, such as, "All Muslims are terrorists and we should burn the Koran!" The only way someone would be arrested at this type of demonstration would be if they were to get especially disorderly. And our soldiers are out there fighting for our right to burn the Koran, the bible, or the flag. The demonstration expresses hate, but it isn't a crime. Therefore it's not a hate crime. It's just hatred. Stupid stupid stupid hatred.

This guy is an idiot. We all know it. The whole country is freaking out and people everywhere are getting really ticked off. And now he's come out with this ridiculous story that he was canceling the demonstration because some Imam promised him that the Cultural Center (which this pastor still calls a mosque--he doesn't acknowledge the rest of what the center is for) would be moved to a different location because, as he says, "The American people do not as a whole want the mosque at the Ground Zero location...... and of course Moslims do not want us to burn the Koran." But, oh wait, the Imam supposedly lied before witnesses and now maybe he WILL hold the demonstration after all. I don't believe a single word the man says. I think that what has happened is that suddenly having not just public, but governmental pressure against him to cancel the burning has him spooked. So he's made up this story to prove how terrible Muslims are and how he's perfectly justified in wanting to burn copies of the Quran. He said the Imam agreeing to move the center was a sign from God to cancel the burning. Until he found out the Imam was "lying" and realized it might have to go on after all. Does that mean God was lying too? The Imam in question claims to have never spoken with him.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROWYP7uYf0"]Pastor cancels event.[/url]
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=Sbin"]Pastor rethinks canceled burning.[/url]

Correction: The Imam in question DOES admit to speaking to him. He claims he made no promises whatsoever about moving the Islamic Cultural Center.

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/10/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2"]Interview with Imam Muhammad Musri[/url]

Personally, I believe groups of people and most individuals are idiots...I believe everybody is an idiot of varying levels...so I view myself and everybody as such. But I view our soldiers in high regards, as a US citizen I love our soldiers and as a US citizen I love my country because I was born here..doesn't mean I have to enjoy our country's decisions.

I think everybody should enjoy their beliefs but not bash others...I don't believe that the Quran burning is right, I think book burning is a terrible thing and opens up for a Fahrenheit 451 style of living. All published written works should be saved, burning what you don't understand doesn't help anybody but reverts back to my opening statement of everybody being an idiot.

Though I think those Westboro Baptist church people are freaks.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE[/media]
(this video put the biggest smile on my face). Though since they are in America they sadly are free to do what they want...and I believe they should be shot:2ar15smilie: I mean bashing America and using the rights as an American citizen to do so!!!? DUH FUCK :facepalm:
For them I'll believe in hell ...just for them :2403: The one thing I can't stand is American Troop Bashing...That isn't to say some troops aren't assholes like the dog throwing ones :puke: But RESPECT YOUR TROOPS...Seriously.

But back to the Quran Book burning on 9/11...It doesn't solve a thing, we are all human beings our skin is different for the climates we were originally from, that's it... sooner or later after many thousands of years of evolution we will most likely match our climate like we did before we migrated. Religion to me is something to drive you forward, something to believe in to help you cope with the confusion and mistakes we are free to make, and some people just feel that their idol who over thousands of years most likely just got a face lift from many gods into one, and so fourth so fourth...what ever makes you happy...right? I probably sound indifferent but oh well people do as people please...if crashing a plane into some buildings makes you think you will be granted by virgins then oh well...if burning a book makes you think your making a difference then oh well. I mean if some extremist is going to say that crashing planes ...though one thing I've never understood...there can't be that many dead virgin girls right right?? XD

Though since I don't know much about their religion I'm not going to say much or try to explain anything on something I don't understand completely.
But I am also a believer in Carpet bombing, dust off some Boeing B-17's fill them with some lovely presents and lay out some tasty carpet. :hi:

EDIT: Oh and I just read some other posts... Happy to hear it was called off, save some paper and some books ^.^

It is completely within his right to destroy his own personal property.

Often the speech that must be protected most, is that which we find the most unpleasant.

As far as it threatening troops, if you let someone threaten violence, and that steers your decision, the people making the threat just continue to use that threat for anything they want. Ever have to deal with a bully?

You know, the troops have guns, and bullets... and even big tanks! I would bet they could take care of themselves just fine. Well, provided our cowardly leadership doesn't go bowing to the enemy any more.
Shoot the first lot of heroes and the rest of them sit down and shut up, funny how successful that is.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1284163489' post='481872']
It is completely within his right to destroy his own personal property.

Often the speech that must be protected most, is that which we find the most unpleasant.

As far as it threatening troops, if you let someone threaten violence, and that steers your decision, the people making the threat just continue to use that threat for anything they want. Ever have to deal with a bully?

You know, the troops have guns, and bullets... and even big tanks! I would bet they could take care of themselves just fine. Well, provided our cowardly leadership doesn't go bowing to the enemy any more.
Shoot the first lot of heroes and the rest of them sit down and shut up, funny how successful that is.
[/quote]

You need to get the still going again 'cuz your sense of reality is getting a bit warped again from the sobriety. We can't win guerrilla wars against fighters living on religious fervor. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will. Even Alexander the Great knew that. Unless you're proposing you're a better general than he was? Intentionally escalating what you know is going to bite you in the ass is just plain stupid. And besides, what does that say to Muslim American soldiers serving right now in Afghanistan?

Besides, this dip-shit "minister" who certainly doesn't deserve the respectful title, didn't do this for any reason but money. He's got this tiny little congregation in the middle of Florida that most of the locals ignore, after being stripped of his church in Germany when according to his own daughter he played fast and loose with the church funding. Now he's got skinheads sending him money from all over the country.

Yes, I know I said I was going to abstain from further comment, but Scotsman is always quite successful as baiting me out of observation. Give him credit for it. Everyones got to have a least one interesting personality trait.

'Rani