Tangiers Issue...

Ok so today is my birthday. I figured pack a nice phunnel of tangiers and chill outside hor a bit. This is the second time smoking tangiers spearmint. Actually the second time I have ever smoked tangiers.

I'm still using my buddies HoboHookah and phunnel.

Well, this stuff keeps hitting the back of my throat and makes me cough. What the heck am I doing wrong.

I have two af coco nats on the outer edge of the bowl opposite sides. I've been rotating them around a bit. Still this stuff seems pretty harsh. I'm not certain if this is lucid or reg. WTF am I doing wrong.

As most of you know I've only started exploring hookah this week. So total newb still. My al waha doesn't seem to cause this, so I'm thinking I gotta be doing something wrong with the tangiers.

Help! ;-)

have you checked out the pack tut seems like it makes a pretty good difference on smoke

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACfPMVGV2V0[/media]

sorry just re-read it and 2 AF nats shouldnt be making it to harsh.. i usually use 2 hj nats Edited by king_lunchb0x

You need more packing and potentially less or more heat.

Ambiguous? :D

PACK it more, pack it incredibly tight to the RIM. Then give it a whirl.

I tend to use the equiv of 3 of your coals, or 4 small squares on the outside edge slowly moving it in as I need more smoke.

Also, try LESS heat with the more packing, but it all comes down to packing.

WARM WATER tends to work best with Tangiers.

I always pack it really tight... and use 3 half coals in a triangle shape on the outside of the bowl.. turn them so they are "pointing" toward the center