College Football Pick'Em Group

Tyler

I don't think we have many college football fans on here but there's a fun tradition that I've been doing the last four years with a big group of my friends. It is on ESPN's website and it's one of their games where each week they pick 10 games a week and you rank them on how sure you are you pick the winner 10-1. The team you rank 10, if you picked right, will net you 10 points, 9 points for picking the right team you rank 9, ect ect ect. It's just a fun way to get some friendly competition going on, it's funny to see that some people who know nothing about college football usually do better than those who study it like it's their major haha. Everyone has their really good weeks and everyone has their really bad weeks. Take a look if you're interested, at the moment it's just Jeff and I and the more people the more fun it is! This is the hookah forum group I made.

[url="http://games.espn.go.com/cpickem/en/group?groupID=1243&entryID=20005"]http://games.espn.go.com/cpickem/en/group?groupID=1243&entryID=20005[/url]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IainUM' date='14 August 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1281809749' post='478885']
oh, i am definitely going to do this
[/quote]

Nice, we had about 10 people last year but 8 of them dropped out because of bad weeks :-\ it's just for fun

that sucks. i'll most likely be in the whole season. the only way i'd drop out is if i somehow forget about this

me, too. should be a promising season for the U, but we'll see.

college sports just got a whole lot more interesting when i actually started going to college

[quote name='IainUM' date='15 August 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1281908522' post='479029']
me, too. should be a promising season for the U, but we'll see.

college sports just got a whole lot more interesting when i actually started going to college
[/quote]

Hope you don't have your hopes too high for miami dude...

you're going to lose against ohio st, Pitt, Florida State, and Virginia Tech :-\

we'll see. i think miami is gonna pull off a win on florida state, though, for sure. the rest are maybe's. lol

[quote name='IainUM' date='15 August 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1281909556' post='479034']
we'll see. i think miami is gonna pull off a win on florida state, though, for sure. the rest are maybe's. lol
[/quote]

Nah, you definately won't beat FSU, Ohio St, or Virginia tech, the only maybe is Pitt :-\The saving grace is that Georgia Tech will beat Vt as will UNC so Miami will still win the division for a rematch against FSU

as of right now I'm putting Ohio St and Nebraska into the national title game

im in. this sounds like it should be alot of fun. im def gonna put GT as my win choice for the games they play.

[quote name='ntur' date='15 August 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1281921438' post='479060']
im in. this sounds like it should be alot of fun. im def gonna put GT as my win choice for the games they play.
[/quote]

Haha looks like ACC is being repped here, sorry Jeff you're alone in your Pac-10 love :P

I'm stoked that we have some people that seem like they're going to be into this. Hopefully we can get a few more before the season starts, but it should be fun nonetheless. I didn't really think there would be much Pac 10 love, but that's what keeps things fun. I'm just excited for college football season to be in full swing. I'm sure there will be lots of excitement this season, as always.

i just want the games to start. having a few beers, smoking hookah, and watching the games is such a great way to spend a saturday

Everyone should feel free to invite their friends to join the group whether they're a member of the forum or not!

Eh I don't care about gayturd fans :P But seriously nah as much as I love FSU I don't really care about Gator fans as long as they're not the typical douchebags that most gator fans are.

[quote name='IainUM' date='16 August 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1281942742' post='479108']
well, let's just say he can be the typical gaytor fan
[/quote]

i know exactly what your talking about being a fellow floridian.

• 3 weeks later...