Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elOh6-C4sh8

What you will need
Tobacco
Glycerin
Honey
Flavor

Step 1: Boil tobacco for 5-8 mins
2: drain the tobacco from the water , try and use a colander to drain the water form it and use a spoon to force water out.toss in microwave for a few mins (1-3) ,Do this thrree times .
also to drain once you got it damp you take the tobacco and place it on a napkin and squeeze the water out of it then once you can squeeze anymore water out let ti dry in the sun counter or whatever you eel comfortable till its dry . (Note for above watch out you might burn your hands from the hot tobacco form the microwave)

3: Once dry use 30%Tobacco + 25%Honey + 25%Glycerin + 20%Flavor = Shisha
I used for a small bowl teaspoons , 3teaspoons tobacco + 2.5 teaspoons honey and glycerin +2teaspoons orange flavor made a nice small bowl

5: smoke and be happy
Result video
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XPmhYZB115c

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='12 August 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1281663914' post='478699']
I'M TRYING THIS.
[/quote]
post you success or failure ,
we only learn form failing , first time i did this it failed horribly but now i got ti down

http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Anise-Extract.aspx

Lawlz, you can even make your very own double apple!

Seriously though, I wanna try strawberry, vanilla, coconut, rum, mint, raspberry, and root beer.

Here's the list of all of McCormick's flavors: http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts.aspx

[quote name='Hassouni' date='13 August 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1281677199' post='478741']
Can you post the video again, the link was cut off...
[/quote]

[color="#666666"][font="arial"][size="2"][size="2"][size="2"][b][color="#000000"]How to:Homemade Shisha[/color][/b][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#666666"][font="arial"][size="2"][size="2"][size="2"][b] [/b][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elOh6-C4sh8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=elOh6-C4sh8[/url]

[font="arial"][size="2"][b][size="2"][u]Homemade shisha [Results][/u][/size][/b][/size][/font]
[font="arial"][size="2"][b][size="2"][u]
[/u][/size][/b][/size][/font]
[font="arial"][size="4"][size="2"][b][u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmhYZB115c"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XPmhYZB115c[/url][/u][/b][/size][/size][/font] Edited by Dreamer_1969

Pretty awsome man...I've been in the last few days trying something similar with pipe tobacco not washing it and using molasses and glycerin with no flavoring...gonna try using some good black cavindish flake if it turns out well I will for sure post it......also try using pipe tobacco instead of cigg tobacco if you want a unwashed product...its cured diff and wont have that cigg taste

It'd be funny if some of us accidentally stumble onto the ingredients that go into Tangiers...we may see Eric return to the forums and do some banning!

[quote name='Hassouni' date='14 August 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1281842750' post='478935']
It'd be funny if some of us accidentally stumble onto the ingredients that go into Tangiers...we may see Eric return to the forums and do some banning!
[/quote]
moonshine Tangires, lol.

so you don't really use teaspoons you just use a plastic spoon for measuring right? And when you say repeat in the step after boiling you're talking about the mircrowaving yes?

heres what I did with pipe tobacco..( don't wash it hehe)

1st...in a bowl add 3 heaped tablespoons of pipe tobacco

2nd...Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of vegtable glycerin

3rd...Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons molasses

4th...Mix....Micorwave 10 seconds...mix agin..( might need to add a pinch of tobacco to get the desired consistancy)

5th...let sit 10 minn...mix agin ...smoke

Nice smooth smoke that tastes like pipe tobacco and molasses nice buzz to boot...big clouds too...not so much in the photo but they were nice

[quote name='kyleSD' date='15 August 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1281893064' post='478994']
so you don't really use teaspoons you just use a plastic spoon for measuring right?
And when you say repeat in the step after boiling you're talking about the mircrowaving yes?
[/quote]
As for measurement yeah .
And boiling i do mean boil the tobacco on a stove

[quote name='ezxen' date='15 August 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1281901446' post='479013']
[quote name='kyleSD' date='15 August 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1281893064' post='478994']
so you don't really use teaspoons you just use a plastic spoon for measuring right?
And when you say repeat in the step after boiling you're talking about the mircrowaving yes?
[/quote]
As for measurement yeah .
And boiling i do mean boil the tobacco on a stove
[/quote]

oh yeah i know boil on a stove i was trying to clarify whether you repeated the boiling step or the microwave step but i got it thanks.

[quote name='twoapplesplease' date='15 August 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1281896310' post='479000']
heres what I did with pipe tobacco..( don't wash it hehe)

1st...in a bowl add 3 heaped tablespoons of pipe tobacco

2nd...Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of vegtable glycerin

3rd...Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons molasses

4th...Mix....Micorwave 10 seconds...mix agin..( might need to add a pinch of tobacco to get the desired consistancy)

5th...let sit 10 minn...mix agin ...smoke

Nice smooth smoke that tastes like pipe tobacco and molasses nice buzz to boot...big clouds too...not so much in the photo but they were nice
[/quote]

1. Sweet!

2. Glass male bowl???? Tell us more!

3. Elmas hose eh.. Jealous!

1. Are there any physical stores that sell the right type of glycerine? I didn't find any at CVS...

2. Justin, do you just email the guys at Crown?

Hass you'll want food grade vegtable glycerin ( I'm sure you know that) anyway you'll most lilely find it in a healthfoods store (hippie mart) (wellness store) that sort place...might also find it in the pharmacy area of a mega store...I got the NOW brand one IDK seems to work fine...says on the back it is food grade

Yeah you can just drop santino from crown hookahs a PM and he'll hook you up...Ask him to make it shorter then the ones I just got...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1282381184' post='479773']
DO NOT USE black cavindish pipe tobacco...unless you want to impossibly ghost yer hookah/hose/bowl like nothing imaginable
[/quote]

So what is good quality tobacco? Is that American Spirit just basic? If I get this down I want a smooth smoke with quality ingredients.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, folks --

Multiple questions on the topic, thanks for letting me join the conversation! (Long-time lurker/first-time poster.)

Any food-chemist-types or others able to weigh in on the concept of using Torani syrups and other similar (or not-so-similar) products as flavorings?

I'm fortunate to live in a location where Starbuzz, etc. shishas are easy to get @ retail, but have a goofball sensibility that DIY is more fun-er. ;-)

Picked up a box of Nakhla Vanilla for experimenting, since it's somewhat sweet-but-bland and produces good clouds, and mixed it with blackstrap molasses, honey, and some banana flavoring from Smart & Final... The banana flavor was awesome -- got excited and grabbed a couple more bottles on the next trip! BUT: Only days later I came across an article that states diacetyl tastes like butter or bananas and will eat your lungs and kill you dead-right-there (film at 11!). I'm disinclined to hasten my demise, so decided to ask the question: are food flavorings OK in a hookah as shisha-marination ingredients?

The original (store-brand) banana food-grade flavoring ingredients label said: Propylene glycol, water, artificial flavor, and Yellow #5. (Already smoked this -- it had a nice 'cool' smoke and abundant banana flavor -- if I'm dead please don't tell me.)

Bubble-gum sno-cone flavoring: "High-fructose corn syrup, water, less than 2% of citric acid, sodium benzoate, propylene glycol, tragacanth gum, Blue #1, natural and artificial flavors." Sounds better/safer, but I haven't tried it yet.

Torani says "cane sugar, water, natural flavors, citric acid, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness)." Sounds really good , bu t I haven't tried it yet (spooked by that article).

Thoughts? Thanks for your consideration!

Thanks a bunch for any (informed, documentable) news!

OK, I'll answer the question posed by the experiment:

Torani and So-cone flavoring didn't do anything after marinating for almost a week. The banana is still awesome, but I'm still wondering if it's bad (health-wise) to smoke.