Air Is Not Coming Out Of Air Release Valve And Top Of Bowl When Air Is Blown

You know how normally when you blow air into the hookah hose that air is supposed to come out of the air release valve and at the top of the stem? Well when i blow air up it does't do anything. It doesn't blow air out and water just goes up the downstem. What do I do to fix that?

Thanks,

Greg

You might have too much water in the base. Is the water level at least .5-1" above the stem? If it's higher than that, then that might be your problem. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem.

[quote name='Dreamer_1969' date='05 August 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1281066678' post='477888']
clean the purge valve the bb is stuck
[/quote]

amen happens alot if you purge quite often just take the bb out swab the valve with a qtip and clean the bb, should be good to go

sometimes this happens to me. as stated above check the purge valve. try loosening the cap on it a little bit, sometimes this helps for me

the bee bee is stuck defiantly. Roll it out, clean it with salt water and a towel, dry it, dry where it sit and place it back in.

I always replace my bee bees with a plastic pellet from a airsoft gun as they tend not to stick

what kind of hookah do you have?

if air is neither coming out of the purge NOR the top of the head you probably have an hookah with an auto-seal hose port. even if the bb is stuck in the purge valve you should still get some air out of the head and some water displacement up into the stem (you should see the water level in the base lower). see if your hookah has a auto seal hose port that you're using. you may be able to take it out (i know you can if it's a mya) if you want.

[quote name='SpoonTunage' date='06 August 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1281124759' post='477992']
I have a similar problem, but for me i can not even blow air out period. The air has no where to go apparently. Not sure why this is happening. If anyone has seen or knows how to fix this lemme know please. Thanks
[/quote]

This definetly sounds like your hookah has an autoseal port. Check the hose port for a screw on the side or simply look in and see if there is a bb there. When you blow in it pushes the bb down instead of letting you blow air in. Upside is that you do not have to plug the hose if others are smoking from different hoses, same hookah.