The Egyptian Café & Hookah Bar

joanna

The Egyptian Café doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but once you step inside, you'll be surprised at how big the space really is.

There are two main rooms, both of fairly good size. One room has smaller restaurant-style tables. The second room has short tables with chairs and low-sitting couches around them. There are a few tables for larger parties, which is a plus if you're out with a big group!
The lighting and atmosphere are beautiful.

The waiting staff is fun. If it's not too busy, you can chat with them. They're usually pretty snarky, but in a fun, playful way. I've always gotten good, friendly service here.

The shisha is great. You shouldn't quote me, but I'm almost sure they just use Nakhla brand.
They have regular flavors and then their special house blends. I'm not sure on the prices (their online menu hasn't been updated), but I know the original flavors are around $10, and the house blends are around $12.
I highly suggest the Egyptian Blend flavor. I guarantee you'll love it!

My only problem with The Egyptian is that it's so loud. It will of course be loud when there are large groups, but the music is borderline obscene, making it hard to hear your friends talking, even when they're just across the table.

Overall, I've always enjoyed my experience at The Egyptian. I'd give it an 8/10, only because the noise is such a big downfall for me.

• 2 years later...
I love going there. Im up in Anderson and dont get to go as much as I would like.