Best Washable Hose For Heavy Airflow

Need a new hose as it cracked (for those of you who have viewed galleries youve seen my dented hookah hose which had the misfortune of a drunken evening).

I want to know which washable hose should be my new hose,
I want alot of airflow, and need it to fit on a KM Exotica.

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='03 August 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1280884838' post='477533']
Need a new hose as it cracked (for those of you who have viewed galleries youve seen my dented hookah hose which had the misfortune of a drunken evening).

I want to know which washable hose should be my new hose,
I want alot of airflow, and need it to fit on a KM Exotica.
[/quote]

narbish razan either should work well.

Personally I prefer the Razan or Nammor simply due to the lack of the hose port handle, like the Narbish has. Puts no weight whatsoever on the hose port this way (although any KM should be able to handle the weight of a Narb hose port handle, even the old ones). Keep in mind the v4 Narb has a lot shorter hose port handle, because of the complaints of the old ones not staying in. Also I just prefer the way the Razans and Nammors look over the Narb. Just personal taste.

EDIT: And don't let anyone tell you that one will smoke better than the other. They're all the same diameter and will smoke just the same. I've smoked from Narbs and Nammors and they're exactly the same smoke-wise. All are quality-made, so again, let your personal taste in looks be the deciding factor.

I prefer Narbishes for aesthetic reasons. My Razan fell apart, additionally. I think everyone is right, Narbish, Nammor, or Razan, depending on what you prefer

Also want to add (I know I'm posting a lot on this subject) but people will say one is better built over another. Some will say Narbs are built better, while some will say Nammors or Razans are built better. There's even arguments over which is built better- the Nammor or the Razan, even though they're basically the same hose. So quality-wise, on the subject of which is built better, is very much subjective.

Let me throw in that my Razan started falling apart cosmetically within a couple months, and fell apart structurally after ohh 18 months or so

[quote name='Hassouni' date='03 August 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1280893946' post='477558']
Let me throw in that my Razan started falling apart cosmetically within a couple months, and fell apart structurally after ohh 18 months or so
[/quote]
and let me add that my timeline was a couple days and less then 1 month respectively...

i've had a nammor for a few months and it has been great and hasn't fallen apart at all. just my 2 cents

I have a narb v3 and I love it. It makes my pipe VERY top heavy (added to an already potentially lopsided base), and I have had a few near accidents, all caught in time. However, all that aside, they are really wide, about the width of a nickel, maybe a little bigger, and the draw is incredible. I have had no problems, cosmetically or otherwise with them, and they seem really sturdy. As for nammor/razan, I have never smoked out of them, so I can't give an opinion on them.

I had my razan for over two years without any issues until one night i took it into a jacuzzi. The hot tub is made like a cave and at one point the hose was floating in the water. I superglued it the next morning and have not had any issues since then.

purchased a black nammor off hookahshisha, thanks for all the help everyone.

sadly i think i will miss my burn dent thumb holder on my caravan hose :(

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='04 August 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1280906805' post='477599']
purchased a black nammor off hookahshisha, thanks for all the help everyone.

sadly i think i will miss my burn dent thumb holder on my caravan hose :(
[/quote]

The newer Nammors seem to be held together alot better than the old ones. I noticed a year or so ago, that Razans and nammors were falling apart in a few months. The newer ones seem to be built alot better.

We go through a ton of washable hoses at my lounge so trust me when I say that there ARE differences, and it's not as simple as some people try to make it out to be. For instance, the diameter of the hose itself is not what's important - it's the diameter of the holes in the hose-ends. And some of the biggest differences revolve around quality. Here's a rundown of the most popular washables as I see them:

1) Razan - IMO, this is one of the best-made hoses out there right now. We have about thirty of these in constant rotation and have only have one in the back awaiting repair. However, out of the washables, its hose-ends have some of the smallest holes resulting in slightly less airflow. Also, the basic Razan only comes in black, white, red, blue, and green (with white or black handles). Razan also has some other models available, but the differences are purely aesthetic.

2) Nammor - This one's a little tricky. The first batch of Nammors I ordered had a velvety feel to them exactly like the Grand Caravans, but the second batch was exactly like the Razans. And the ones that come on their hookahs are identical to the Razans but shorter. Now, I get the shorter/longer thing, but I don't get the velvet/non-velvet thing. Must have to do with the colors, which by the way, if you're into colors, this is a great brand for you as they have tons of colors. And that also doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if those two brands are coming from the same factory, but if that was the case, why is the Razan available in so few colors compared to the Nammor? Another thing to keep in mind is this, I made the mistake of ordering Nammors from some place other than their source and ended up with a bunch of knock-off, non-washable hoses. If you want a Nammor, go to HS and no where else. And when you get your hose, check for a tag saying what it is (this is applicable to Razans AND Nammors). Another thing, run a magnet down your hose. If it sticks, send it back and ask for the real deal.

3) Grand Caravan (applies to velvety Nammor as well) - I used to love these hoses. I really dig the velvety feel and the fatter grip. I also like how they come in so many colors. However, they're getting harder and harder to come by. More importantly, we've had more of these fall apart on us than any other hose. Not to mention, that velvety stuff tends to get very dirty in a lounge setting. The biggest issues we have are with the string used to wrap the hose breaking and the whole thing coming unwrapped. Another thing to note on these guys is the hose port-end which is fatter than most others for some reason. Most people with Grands can attest to them being difficult to fit into a lot of hookahs' ports with a grommet (queue wet papertowel camp).

4) Narbish - The earlier versions of this hose were some of my favorites inspite of their issues - the hoses were longer, heavier and higher quality, and the hose-ends' holes had relatively large inner-diameters allowing for great air flow. Of course there's the issue with the ridiculous port-end handle that threatens to knock down even the stoutest of pipes, but I've modded all my Narbish by chopping their port-end handles down to a much more managable 2". Problem solved. I have much less data on how these perform in-lounge because we only used them for a relatively short period of time (the ones we got were v1 and all fell apart). Another thing to note on these is the new ones (v4) are completely different than the old ones in regards to how they're made and what they're made out of. In fact, I'd go so far to say that the Narbish v4 is identical to the Razan Abu Mahir Egyptian Hose.

One thing to keep in mind here is that hoses go through hell when they're used at a lounge. Since I use washables, all my hoses are washed several times a day. They also get dropped, burned, stepped on, you name it. And considering how many I've gone through, I think I've ruled out most "fluke" scenarios.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my washable hose of choice is my modded narbish v1.

[quote name='JOE' date='04 August 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1280950191' post='477711']
home depot hose for life
[/quote]

Ya fosho....1/2" vinyl hose cut to however long you want it.
Slap a grommet on the end of that bad boy and you have yourself a washable hose for about a buck, depending on how long you cut it.

personally i like my homemade hose and there super cheap and easy to make. but i do have a nammor and it is still a great hose, i just like to personalize my hoses to fit my hookahs.

I bought a Nammor hose from a local shop about 2 years ago. Over this summer when I was in Florida it came apart on me. When i got back I repaired it with some electrical tape and superglue. Now my hose looks bad ass especially since I got rid of one of the sweatbands since I thought 2 was too much. Anyway with any of these hoses they will give you the same amount of smoke really, and if they fall apart I dont think that they are too difficult to repair.

I would recommend the [url=http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1574-nammor-hookah-hoses.html?idaffiliate=827]Nammor[/url] hose as well, I use it daily with my QT.

Here's my review of the hose: [url="http://www.hookahreviews.net/accessories/nammor-hose/"]http://www.hookahreviews.net/accessories/nammor-hose/[/url]

[quote name='Hassouni' date='03 August 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1280893946' post='477558']
[/quote]

my nammor came came apart in less time then that about 8-9months, but it was the only hose i use no matter where i smoke at... but still is a great hose with a little electrical tape