Fondest Greetings And Salutations!

[size="4"][font="Garamond"]This is my first post, and I thought it would be prudent to introduce myself here. I'm originally from Arkansas, where I was first introduced to Shisha at a party. [/font][/size]

[size="4"][font="Garamond"]I subsequently visited the only hookah-lounge in town, but was disappointed; I'm afraid my choice of company was ill advised. Fast-forward a few years, and I moved to Manhattan, Kansas with my new husband. Here, in the Kansas style, we've been invited in off the street by strangers to smoke hookah - which renewed my interest. I'm currently using hookah to stop smoking cigarettes (only 3 today!) and have been using a small glass hookah I purchased from a recent college graduate. I've managed to find shisha (moassel) recipes online, as there isn't a seller nearby & am *loving* having my own hookah. So much, in fact, that I did some research and decided to purchase a KM Black Pear; I really wanted the Shooting Star, but I'm about to be a poor college student again in the fall, so I decided to save a little money. :)[/font][/size]

[size="4"][font="Garamond"]Apart from my short life with hookah enjoyment, I'll be going to Kansas State University in the coming fall to work on a dual major of Economics & Anthropology (Linguistics focus); I have a very lucky black kitty named Adama who I adopted from a local animal shelter; my husband Bob is also in school completing his pre-optometry requirements (in other words, the math and sciences he carefully avoided the first time round). I also love foreign languages - I speak just enough French and Greek to get by, and pretty much anything else related (things where I get to study people).
[/font][/size]

[size="4"][font="Garamond"]Anyway, I'm happy to be a part of this forum! Cheers!
[/font][/size]

[quote name='Cp44' date='30 July 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1280493935' post='477047']
welcome to hf!
[/quote]

Much appreciated, Cp & NR!

[quote name='mushrat' date='31 July 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1280594304' post='477165']
Welcome. What part of arkansas?

Is the cat named for BattleStar Galactica or the hebrew word for dirt? :)
[/quote]

Thanks, inc! I'm thoroughly enjoying m'self. I've been poking around & am very much intrigued by the posts I see! I have a couple of hookah related projects in mind that I'll definitely be posting when I'm ready to begin - it looks like I can get some pretty solid advice here.

Thanks to you, too, mushrat!

Although I originally hail from Little Rock by birth and upbringing, I lived in Northwest Arkansas (particularly Fayetteville) for about 10 years. Northwest Arkansas is definitely where I call home. And I'm thrilled to see some fellow southerners on the forum! (I love Kansas, but the folks here don't know the difference between redneck and southern! :) )

Kitty's full name is Admiral Adama; hubby and I had just finished the new series when we adopted him. My husband suggested the name, I liked it (for both reasons), and Adama learned his new name in only 2 days! (Thank goodness - his old name was Salem... It just made me think of Sabrina the Teenage Witch too much.)

I take it you're a bit of a linguaphile yourself? :)