Central Hookah

I have been planning to buy a piece of land and build a little house on it.

I started planning of where to place a small pool and jacuzzi and my hookah room (Games room too for the guys when they come over). Then I thought why not have a central hookah similar to the central vacuum.

There would be compartments beside plugs on the wall. You just take out a hose from there or bring your own. Plug it in, press a couple of buttons to select shisha and then and wait 5 minutes and start smoking.

Some features would be:
----------------------------------
Self cleaning
Use pressure or vacuum to move smoke around
Manage amount/mixes of shisha used
Compartments for hoses
Refillable shisha tanks.
Sensors in the case of leak or hazardous materials (Safety First)

I know this might sound like Alice in Wonderland for a hookah smoker but how awesome would it be if someone actually builds this as a system that can be distributed and installed for many other people.

Any ideas or suggestions to help me make this dream a reality would be appreciated.

Wow do you have the resources for that, because if so, kudos to you!

One problem I think might occur is just having such long hoses, it might be hard to drag, as well as taking a while...

It might be hard to take a hit from long hoses like Hassouni said, and with those long hoses you will get stale smoke built in there so maybe an auto purge system?

he did say the system would use pos pressure and vacuum to move the smoke around. In theory this would work.you would need 2 buttons per hose. a vacuum button to draw from the bowl threw the water into a chamber, then a positive pressure button to pump it in your mouth from the "smoke isolation chamber". I think the biggest challenge is heat management.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='27 July 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1280258482' post='476590']
he did say the system would use pos pressure and vacuum to move the smoke around. In theory this would work.you would need 2 buttons per hose. a vacuum button to draw from the bowl threw the water into a chamber, then a positive pressure button to pump it in your mouth from the "smoke isolation chamber". [b]I think the biggest challenge is heat management.[/b]
Ray
[/quote]

That is what midgets are for!

• 6 months later...
I wonder if this guy ever wound up pursuing the idea, or just threw it out randomly on a Hookah buzz trip. An update would be nice, but since he hasn't been active in 3 weeks, who knows if he will see me digging up his old ass thread from half a year back.

[b][i][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff00ff"]I have a setup similar to this in my house.[/color]
[/font][/i][/b]
Heat is provided by a plasma torch and I only use Nak since it can take the heat. All the smoke production takes place in a slightly pressurized chamber where the only outlet is into the hose network. Each mouth piece has an open/close button so that when the mouth piece is open, pressure in the smoke chamber forces smoke through the hose network and to the opening. The torch is operated by a pressure switch in the smoke chamber so that when the pressure drops due to opening the mouth piece, the torch fires up and heats the Nak.

It was fun because with the pressure it was like a hookah CPAP machine and you could do cool stuff like "spray smoke" and give your self shotguns but I don't really use it anymore because I missed the bubble sounds. Not worth it in the end.

Looks like I'm going to have to go over to good old VA to check this out. Be prepared for the California Beast to come aknockin'. LOL

I'm glad at least raising this old thread from it's death brought a pretty cool invention out into the open like yours. Cheers!

[b][i][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff00ff"]This font[/color][/font][/i][/b] indicated that I was completely goofing around. [b][i][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff00ff"]However, when my social networking site gets off the ground, I'll build it.[/color][/font][/i][/b]