Party Hookah Starting To Rust On The Stem :(

Long story short.

My girlfriend and I bought our first hookah without doing much research.
It was a Social Smoke Junior. 18 Incher. We bought it at a shop while on vacation.

After coming home, and smoking it up, we are liking smoking a ton. I join this forum and discover that it's a POS chinese thing.
I pimp it with Nammor Hoses, a phunnel, and a new base - and the thing hits like a champ.

After discovering how bad the thing is, I bought a QT for my personal use (Pimped that thing out with a phunnel and decent hose), and then use this two-hoser for my parties.
Well, I went to Chicago last weekend (thur - monday) and my girlfriend used our party hookah several times, and she let it "soak" in the sink to clean it, and then dried it by setting it out on a towel - horizontally I might add.
She did this thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday night. I came back to clean my hookah before using it with all my friends and I looked down the stem and there are a bunch of rust spots I didn't see just a week ago.
I knew it was eventually going to rust, but not after 6 months.

Can I save it? Any cleaning solution that can help scrub off the rust? I have stem cleaning brush and tried a good 10 minutes of cleaning it with the brush and water, and it didn't seem to do much.

If it's not salvageable - what should I buy.

I was thinking of getting a hose adapter for my QT - turning that thing into my party hookah and buying myself a decent KM or MZ or something of that nature.

well there is a few things that say they move rust

CLR- doesn't seem to work all that often for me

or there is

naval jelly- extra strong, navy uses it to remove rust from the ships. you can pick it up at osh or home depot i believe
[img]http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/woeimages/00001841.jpg[/img] Edited by king_lunchb0x

[quote name='twoapplesplease' date='20 July 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1279657893' post='475785']
If the base is still good maybee ya can find a replacement MYA stem that will fit it for pretty cheap
[/quote]

Yeah, the Base, stem attachment, bowls, hoses, and tray are all in excellent condition.. It's only the stem. :(

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' date='20 July 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1279662442' post='475797']
well there is a few things that say they move rust

CLR- doesn't seem to work all that often for me

or there is

naval jelly- extra strong, navy uses it to remove rust from the ships. you can pick it up at osh or home depot i believe
[img]http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/woeimages/00001841.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

hah. I have the same thing...I used it for my tongs I left outside in the rain that rusted silly...worked also worked for other stuff so I vouch for this jelly

I would just save yourself the hassle and get a good mya or km. Mya would probably be the best for a party hookah since they have the best multi hose hookahs (IMO of course). Or like someone said earlier, if your base would fit a mya stem that would be perfect.

I leave my colussus uncleaned for a day or two pretty often because of drunken parties and it hasn't rusted at all (besides the original hoses which my friends run water through believing there can't be metal inside a hose. Noobs.)

I bought the Blue Pearl Tri-Hose 36 inch KM from hookanjohn.
http://www.hookahjohn.com/KM-BLUE-Pearl-TRIPLE-Hose-Party-Hookah-20752.htm

And my girlfriend is going to purchase the 34 inch KM Americana Tri-Metal.
http://www.hookahjohn.com/Khalil-Mamoon-Blue-Silver-Americana-Trimetal-34-Inch-2090B.htm

Sold my QT to a good friend.
I did take a vinegar water mix and trap it in the stem and host adapters for 30 minutes. Then i dissolved baking soda and water and trapped it in there for 30 minutes and that killed the vinegar smell and made it look shiny and clean.
I just finish smoking out of it today, it still smokes like a champ and I didn't notice any discoloration or "rust" flavor and rust spots after cleaning it - but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time.

When the Peal arrives, I am probably going to let a friend use the beast until it croaks.

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' date='24 July 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1279951891' post='476128']
wow man u just hella upgraded, going with not 1 but 2 km's.. someone got a little spend happy ;)
very nice ones, like the tri
[/quote]

Yeah, I had a little extra money around and decided to spend instead of save.
But of coarse after buying the hookah on the 22nd, my front tire blew out on the 23rd (yesterday).. so now I need to replace a pair of car tires.
Life hates me sometimes.