"Double" Hose?

DRT

I was thinking of making a hose for my KM that split down the middle via a PVC connector, leading to two separate hoses. has this been done before?

and if i was gonna make this, the best dimensions for the tubing are 1/2" right?

I was going to do this when I was making hoses, but decided against it for some reason. Can't remember why, but I rejected the idea. Probably would work. If I remember why I didn't go through with it, I'll let you know. I haven't made a hose in a long time so i don't remember what ID you need, but I can look when I get back to the gf's house. I have a thread on here somewhere that has the best ID, but I am not in the mood to look for it right now, I might tomorrow or monday.

Okay, I felt like a total D-bag...so I went and looked it up. I used 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD. Here is the thread

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/32655-my-new-homemade-hose/page__st__140

Try not to look at the first page, my first few hoses look terrible.

Ive bin thinking about this for a while ive thougt about pvc my only problem is that the splitter has A and B parts

when someone take a hit from A if b's hose is not closed they will ahve a terrible hit . Now if the parts we use on A hole abd B holse are narrow enough that a BB can sit in there and then toss in a screw that might work
or use two hose adapters with the ball berings already in and attach that to a piece [img]http://hookahjohn.com/images/12267209591681653890354.jpg[/img]

dont mean to double post i guess the time for editing my post expired already .
here is a quick mock up i did using mya parts but a same configureation could be made for a KM only where the connection peice that goes to the hookah would be wider than the mya hose port
[img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8335/mockupm.png[/img]

Nice graphics, but I bet you would be better off finding some check valves to serve your autoseal purpose. I think you can even get inline check valves that would insert into the ID of your hose for a stealthy look.

what i'm trying to figure out is if i can make the hose and still have the ability to purge the hookah. the mya autoseal valves prevent this, i think..

[quote name='DOA' date='29 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1277874615' post='473368']
what i'm trying to figure out is if i can make the hose and still have the ability to purge the hookah. the mya autoseal valves prevent this, i think..
[/quote]
well what you could do is have a master and slave set up the master would not have a auto seal but then for the slave to take a good hit the masters hose tip would have to be closed

[quote name='ezxen' date='30 June 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1277875613' post='473372']
[quote name='DOA' date='29 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1277874615' post='473368']
[/quote]
well what you could do is have a master and slave set up the master would not have a auto seal but then for the slave to take a good hit the masters hose tip would have to be closed
[/quote]

I don't even really think that would work...I think the old thumb over hose is the only thing I can think of right now...

you can put one of those large purge balls into the hose port on those mya hose ports and make it an auto-seal as long as you use the correct hose (razans work), but when one person purges, it will go out of the other persons hose, plus that wouldn't work with the setup that you are proposing anyway.