World Cup!

Mahir

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys - that ref in the Slovenia game pissed me off so f****** much.
There were several free kicks that they would've have had. Not to mention 2 yellow cards I can think of at the top of my head.

Then the disallowed goal was some epic bullshit. The U-S should have won that game...3-2. I hope this ref never does another FIFA game.

Yeah, shit was weak in that game... On the bright side, the US came back and got 1 pt and the Brits tied 0-0 with Algeria ("easiest" team in our grouping) who we should beat Wed. And Germany, I also thought they were going to breeze through the rest of their games after the first but what happened this morning? Klose out for the next game, bad news for them.

to be honest Argentina is looking like the top dog team this year, big name teams like Brazil and England just arent holding up to how they use to play.
Yes brazil is holding up nicely but if you compare the speed, team play, as well as past games they arent currently even in the same league as Argentina this year.

Good luck to them all,
and im an england fan so this isnt biased before i get flamed

as much as i would love to see usa go for gold here I really don't think it will happen. They are just still a very young team.
Right now I really want to see spain, portugal or uruguay win it. But then again they were all my picks to move on from their respective groups.
I really want the US to knockout at least one more round to prove that just because we haven't played as long doesn't mean we don't belong.
I've been really surprised by alot of the games being so close with a few exceptions of course. There are definitely teams that should not have made it
IE cameroon and france...what embarassments. Then of course we have some power houses as well, uruguay and germany to start.

I am rooting for a few teams (namely those above) since my club team is real madrid and the players are mixed around( has been for 7 years so don't start that bandwagon crap )

BTW LOL AT FRANCE!!!! Ireland should have been in that spot anyway imho. Edited by thecoalition

[quote name='Cp44' date='23 June 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1277318807' post='472609']
go USA!
[/quote]

Woohoo! Such a stressful game, but we pulled it out (even with one goal taken away) and won our bracket. Next up Ghana, so we should make it to the Round of 8. Excited for this weekends games, it's going to be fun. Any thoughts on Germany/England? If Germany plays like they did in the first game I think they've got it, but I'm not so sure after the last 2 games.

spain v. portugal next tues!!!! thats gonna be a hell of a game.
i will be working during the first hour of the usa game tomorrow but i think we have a good chance of beating ghana.
ill be streaming it on my work computer and then speeding home at 330 to catch the last 30 or so minutes.

the reffing in the game today was pretty good overall. the thing that bothered me was just all the wasted time with ghana diving after their second goal. some of that should have been stoppage time and they didnt card them for do it every play.
ah well hopefully england shows up tomorrow and plays like they can. aside from england im rooting for spain since i've always been a spain fan.
still plenty of good games ahead.

Glad Germany got it together this morning and beat England, although it sucks that goal wasn't counted... And no off side call against Argentina on that first goal, bad officiating.

Now...today.....Argentina v. Germany.....my 2 favorite teams in this World Cup.

It's going to be sad when one of them has to go. I really wish they coulda played in the final game.

Regardless, its going to be epic, and I feel Argentina kinda has the swagger to pull it off

[quote name='NazarHookah' date='03 July 2010 - 03:50 AM' timestamp='1278154218' post='473857']
Regardless, its going to be epic, and I feel Argentina kinda has the swagger to pull it off
[/quote]
Nope. :)

That was total destruction, and there is still time for Germany to tack on at least one more.

all about nederlands. it's going to be a ww2 grudge match with holland and germany in the finals haha

I totally called Netherlands beating Brazil! I picked 3 teams before all this started. USA because, well...I have to. Netherlands because I love an underdog. And Spain because my spanish teacher in high school wouldn't stfu about the spain soccer team lol.