Herbal Shisha (Hydro) - Buzz Or No Buzz?

So I went to my local shisha bar the other day and my friends and I had this amazing mango shisha. Not only was the taste great, but the smoke was good, and it gave me the giggest buzz I've ever gotten off of a hookah before. I sereiously felt drunk! Naturally I wanted to know what it was. After asking our waitress, I found out it was the herbal, tocacco free shisha, [b][i][u]Hydro[/u][/i][/b]. Unfortunatly they were not selling any because it was running low. After digging around on the net for awhile i came across a thread on this website about hydro shisha.

[url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/27866-hydro-herbal-shisha-reviews/"]http://www.hookahfor...shisha-reviews/[/url]

According to this topic, no one seems very fond of the stuff, and apparently it doesn't have [i]any buzz [/i](because it's herbal). That really doesn't explain why I got the best buzz ever off the stuff. Thoughts anyone?

This doesn't help answer your question at all, but I wonder if it would still taste good mixed in with some tobacco shisha? For those wanting to get less tobacco in with their smoking, but still get some kind of buzz.

My only guess is just a smoke buzz. How long/heavy did you smoke? A bit of proper oxygen deprivation can give you a buzz.

you probably mistook the nauseousness for buzz.... ha!

other than that....if you really enjoyed the flavor, you may have been pulling to often or it could've been the coals used....

or you're real lightweight....

Yeah.. Hydro Herbal has no tobacco or nicotine so the buzz was not created from the shisha. Most likely from taking deep, heavy breaths that you felt a little light headed. In my opinion Hydro is probably one of the best nontobacco shishas on the market right now. Gives a decent smoke and good flavor.

• 11 months later...
[quote name='Cole.' timestamp='1275952823' post='471000']
This doesn't help answer your question at all, but I wonder if it would still taste good mixed in with some tobacco shisha? For those wanting to get less tobacco in with their smoking, but still get some kind of buzz.

My only guess is just a smoke buzz. How long/heavy did you smoke? A bit of proper oxygen deprivation can give you a buzz.
[/quote]

agreed, a long heavy session without being really used to it can make you "buzz" but can also make you sick, or pass out. Slow and steady wins the race!

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1306741140' post='511066']
[quote name='Cole.' timestamp='1275952823' post='471000']

[/quote]

agreed, a long heavy session without being really used to it can make you "buzz" but can also make you sick, or pass out. Slow and steady wins the race!
[/quote]

+1, so many people don't realize how part of the buzz affect is always oxygen deprivation, especially on long sessions.

On a semi-related note: I have always found that herbal shisha burns too quickly/easily, and in general, in burns and smokes way different than a good shisha. Mixing it with shisha helps, but sort of eliminates the purpose...if you're going to do that, why wouldn't you just smoke a good bowl of shisha instead?

Some types of herbal shisha might actually give you a buzz, especially home-made shisha. Someone once reported feeling a mild buzz from Chamomile home-made shisha. Edited by miguel_gomez

NO buzz, No Nicotine... and Hey I think some of the stuff I have tried is really decent for herbal!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what plant/s are used in making hydro, but there are lots of things that when smoked create a buzz. Someone mentioned the tea bags which is a perfect example. And many herbs are used to calm people in medicine, like skullcap and kakabeak, which would have the same effect when smoked.