Multi-Chamber Hookah Project

TripsieD

[font="Garamond"][size=3]Hey all,[/size][/font]
[font="Garamond"][size=3]
[/size][/font]
[font="Garamond"][size=3]I'm new around here and like a lot of you, I was introduced to hookah via a friend of mine and now I can pretty honestly say I'm hooked (or hookah'd depending on how you want to look at it). I haven't yet bought a hookah (will be doing that this weekend - purchasing suggestions would be welcomed), as there aren't very many places around here that sell hookahs (there may be, I just don't know about them). Like a lot of people who are new to hookahs, I want to build my own.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size=3]My projects tend to be rather ambitious, this one is no exception so I may be biting off more than I can chew. The goal is for a multi-chambered hookah (5 chambers in all - 4 going into 1) with possibly several stems/heads and multiple hoses (probably up to 6). All 5 chambers would be getting water, ice might go in the final chamber but I'm not that far along in the design process yet.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size=3]There are a few things I need to work out before I can get started finding the stuff to put this thing together.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size=3]Has anyone here ever worked on a multi-chambered hookah before? I've seen things similar in nature so I'm pretty sure it should work. Are there special considerations for multi-chamber hookahs as opposed to single chamber? (i.e. stem length/diameter, vase size, etc.) Or just go for it and see what happens? Any advice, input would really be appreciated alot.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size=3]Secondly, with multi-chambers is it easier to daisy chain them via connecting hoses or use a manifold? The reason I'm asking is because I found a pretty nifty 5 port (1 in, 4 out) closed end manifold that I think might work well for what I'm attempting to accomplish. I'm also thinking that alot of connecting hoses would be rather distracting for the overall aesthetic.[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]
[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]Input/advice is most welcomed.[/size][/font]

[font="Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]
[/font]