Fml- Dealing With Crazy Neighbors

Hijack:

I have a pesky neighbor that smokes nht and threatens my grandmother about 4 times weekly, uses racial slurs against my roommates, and took out our mailbox with a baseball bat. We got him locked up once but when he got out he was worse.

PROBLEM SOLVED: signed him up for a few "interesting free publications" (IE gay newsletters, little people monthly, penis enlargement scams, the whole works) so his dad saw. He got kicked out, and not too much energy wasted on my end. That's just my .02 :)

/hijack

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk Edited by r1v3th3ad
NHT reference

Update: (there are footnotes marked by asteriks at the bottom of the page)
This is my husband's account of what went on. I was inside when this happened.
Yesterday, my husband was cutting down another tree in our yard. *Tlady of the house came out and flat out said." I've dealt with 3 years with you and I'm sick of it. We don't like people like you". My husband said," Oh yeah, you're [i]sooooo[/i] superior to me...whatever", and she said "Yeah, we [i]are[/i] superior, and you're just an idiot". My husband said ", Oh yeah??? What have we done to you? You have been harassing us and writing evil letters to us since we got here." She said," That wasn't us, that was the neighbors."** You guys stuck a pipe in our irrigation system and caused it to get clogged, and you bent the fence". My husband said, " Think about it, The pipe was inserted from over here (on our property. I put that pipe in there in order to loosen up the sludge because it was flooding your yard while you were on vacation. I didn't want to get on your property. *** And me and your husband helped cut down that tree. He didn't say anything when the fence got bent, so I didn't know you were upset about it. (Her husband cut down the tree and it fell on the fence. There was a small dent in it caused by the tree, and nobody seemed pissed when it happened).

She then said, "This is our fence, and whatever falls over in our yard, you can't come over here and get it." My husband said "I haven't stepped foot on your property, everything that falls over there, I can pull it on my property without going in your yard (This is true. even when I NHT (Non-Hookah Tobacco) the flowerbeds that line their fence, I make sure all of my rubbish doesn't fall on their property)." She went in the house and that was that. Later, she came out of her house and looked around at her yard, and went back in. I assumed she was checking to see if my husband had left debris in her yard (Which is something we won't do because we know she'd try to use it as a means to complain to the city.)

[b]I for one am really glad all of this crap is out in the open. I don't have to attempt to walk on eggshells around her or her husband.[/b] After cutting down the tree, and taking extra care to make sure it didn't fall on her barn, we went to Lowes to find out how much it would cost to replace the bent gutter on her barn, and the top rail of the chain link fence:

$6.95 for the gutter piece
$10.76 for the top rail

This goes to show that they aren't really upset about the damage that was done. They never liked us, and the bent gutter incident brought everything out. My initial supicion was correct (which is a shame because I can't stand it when people automatically assume that someone is racist when they don't have any real provocation (especially if they were the dick causing the crap in the first place) .

*all of the trees he cut down are "trash trees", meaning they make messes and spread seeds that produce new shoots. In the past, the neighbors have vocally expressed that they didn't like those trees and wished they were cut down in the first place.
**Keep in mind that we are friends with 15 other houses on the block. The only people who have a problem with us are her, and her friend across the street. People walk by and say they love our yard. I saw a passanger in a pickup who pointed in amazement at our yard as the driver drove by.
***If I haven't mentioned this before, our property used to be farmland at one point and the old irrigation ditches are still used as a means to water the property. Sometimes it floods (whick is why we built the pond in the first place).

All in all, She has nothing on me, and I've got all of the proof of her harassment. From now on, when I'm out in the yard, I will carry a small tape recorder on my person. I will install lockable gas tank covers on both vehicles (just in case), and have cameras put up while they aren't home. In the long run, I am the one with the freedom since I've done nothing wrong but move next to her. She will just have to continue to walk on eggshells with me(because I know she's afraid of me since I called her out on the first letter she sent). I've watched her attempt to hide so I don't see her, scurry about while darting behind walls(both of them do it). I will no longer have to do any of that. I've already told her that I'm not going anywhere, and that they'll just have to live with me, plain and simple. It's funny because she never ever says anything to me, she has to wait until I'm inside to talk crap to my husband.

(In my Cee-Lo Green voice: "You see me cleaning up my yard kinda close to your barn, and I'm like FUCK YOUUUUU (OOO, OOOO, OO)" Thatonethere does her happy dance. Edited by thatonethere