Fml- Dealing With Crazy Neighbors

Well what else do you expect her to do ?? This person here has tried everything in her power to deal with her neighbour but only in vain, she has tried to be nice, talk to her and reason with her but that neighbour is just hell bent on being a pain in the ass!

I'm all for peace and politeness but there are people in this world who you just can't reason with! The only thing they understand is a roundhouse kick to the shin. And no, I wouldn't say that she is becoming a creepy stalker, she is just collecting evidence. Now cops may not listen to "Hey I read all this stuff about my neighbour doing NHT", but she can tell her about it to scare her off. Not to mention, she can call the cops the next time she sees that woman smoking in her barn!!

For the love of god! She is on anxiety medication!

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1300294643' post='501704']
Please take into mind that generating negative karma for yourself is a dangerous game and since you only "control" your end of the deal,could end up in some pretty bad consequences. She is already "not right", so whats pushing her over the edge going to do to help the situation. be careful please
[/quote]

I plan on being careful, but she has already pushed me to the edge. I have done nothing wrong but move next to her. I've tried to be really nice. I introduced myself, and asked her to please speak with us if she has any problems. We are approchable and easy to get along with. In fact, once her husband asked us to not pet his dogs across the fence. I live behind a school, and one of his dogs bit the kids. He was just trying to avoid a lawsuit. We complied with no questions asked. In fact I live in an area that used old irrigation ditches to flood property. The irrigation ditches are still in use, and flood the hell out of our backyards. They hate all the water, but we love it because we don't have to use culinary water to water our lawns. So my husband built a pond that also pumps water to our front lawn, side garden, and flowerbeds in our yard in hopes to divert most of the standing water from the neighbors yard. WE BUILT THAT SHIT BY HAND,PAINSTAKINGLY HAULED IN RIVERBED ROCKS, AND ARRANGED THEM SO THEY WOULD LOOK PLEASING TO THE EYE. WE HAVE WATER LOTUSES, LILLY PADS, MOSS, AND FISH THAT EAT MOSQUITO LARVE. THE AREA THAT HOUSES THE PUMP HOLDS A 55 GALLON DRUM WHICH PUMPS THE OVERFLOW UP TO THE FRONT YARD!!! THE WATER NO LONGER FLOODS THEIR PROPERTY, AND I'VE SEEN THEM ENJOYING THE LOOKS OF THE POND (they like to hide the fact that they like the pond. I've stolen glances of them, but when I exit my house, they walk away quickly as to not awknowlege that they like what we've done. In fact, the other neighbors are amazed that we built a pond that doubles as a full lawn irrigation center that doesn't look unsightly. WE HAVE TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH THEM AND THEY WON'T BUDGE. I EVEN BROUGHT OVER HOME MADE MEAD FOR THEM TO TRY, AND I'VE ASKED THEIR OPINIONS ON VARIOUS PROJECTS WE WERE COMPLETING. WE LANSCAPED OUR YARD WITH DECORATIVE BOULDERS, AND VARIOUS PLANTS. HER HUSBAND COMPLIMENTED ME ON IT AND EVERYTHING!!!!!! I have tried to be reasonable with these people and all has failed. FOR GOD'S SAKE, WE BUILT A POND WITH OUR OWN TWO HANDS (NO CONTRACTERS) FOR THEIR BENIFIT!!!!!! What the hell do you expect me to do?

I am not upset with you at all. I'm at my wits end with this situation. I can't deal with it anymore. Edited by thatonethere

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1300301990' post='501715']
Well what else do you expect her to do ?? This person here has tried everything in her power to deal with her neighbour but only in vain, she has tried to be nice, talk to her and reason with her but that neighbour is just hell bent on being a pain in the ass!

I'm all for peace and politeness but there are people in this world who you just can't reason with! The only thing they understand is a roundhouse kick to the shin. And no, I wouldn't say that she is becoming a creepy stalker, she is just collecting evidence. Now cops may not listen to "Hey I read all this stuff about my neighbour doing NHT", but [b]she can tell her about it to scare her off. [/b]Not to mention, she can call the cops the next time she sees that woman smoking in her barn!!

[b]For the love of god! She is on anxiety medication![/b]
[/quote]

Thanks for understanding. I have asked myself if I was venturing into "stalker territory". But then again, when I first moved there, she was prowling around my yard (the city reports indicate so, plus I caught her and her friend in it once. She had a picket fence up front, and sometimes the dogs would get through and enter my yard. Since I caught her, her husband built a chain link fence in that area). The city threw out the reports because I brought up criminal trespassing. She threw an egg at my car when I used to park it alongside the road, and one of my pathway lights had been broken on 2 different occasions (luckily I had some spare ones lying around so it was easy to replace). Like I said, I was just going to let her move away, but I'm sick of them, their elitism, arrogance, and outright childish behavior. I just want to live my life and make my house a home. These days, I have to look around to make sure they aren't outside in order for me to do yard work, or outside work. It took some guts to even sit under the plum tree on the side of my property that faces hers so I could relax and enjoy my hookah. I was always hiding and tipping around. Who wants to live like that? I don't, and shouldn't have to.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1300318878' post='501778']
We need some Dr. Phil up in this situation!!!

[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/badmonkey6911/Dr_Phil.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
lmao! That brightened me up.

Thanks.

Some humor can make any hard time a little easier. :)

I'm thinking maybe you should be OVERLY nice to her. Like, enough to scare her and think you're out of your mind. Have you tried that approach?

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1300319412' post='501782']
Some humor can make any hard time a little easier. :)

I'm thinking maybe you should be OVERLY nice to her. Like, enough to scare her and think you're out of your mind. Have you tried that approach?
[/quote]

I haven't. Why should I have to bend over backwards and kiss her ass? I'm not one for kissing ass. She's the kind of person who would love the attention, and be glad to have her neighbor eating out of her hand. Fuck that. I dont know what they want from me.

The funny thing about the tree incident, when the man of the house was arguing with my husband about the tree situation we offered to fix it, but as the neighbor walked away, my husband said "I'm sorry I suck", the guy said "Don't be a smartass", my husband said "What do you want from me?" The guy said "I don't want nothing from you" and my husband said "Fine, I guess we're even then (in reference to all of the harassment that went on)". The neighbors went in the house. I don't know what this brings for me, but I have a feeling it's about to get interesting. I just want to beat her to it.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1300320615' post='501786']
No no, I didn't mean be SINCERELY nice to her. I meant be sarcastically nice to her. If that makes sense. Like, drive her nuts with it.
[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. I don't really want anything to do with them. I don't want to maintain a relationship with them at all. I wanted to in the very beginning, but things have gotten way out of hand. Why would I want to be nice to someone who threw an egg at my car, and who broke my pathway lights on 2 occasions? The reason why she threw the egg at my car was because I was ranting to her about the letter I recieved and I could tell it was her, so I said a few choice words about the person who wrote the nasty letter. I even narrowed it down to the age group the person belonged to, weight, and whether or not they had a big ego. I hinted to her that I knew who did it. I even overheard her once when she had someone over. The visitor asked her to invite me over. She said "no" in a nervous and sharp manner. The person asked her "why not, she looks cool?" And she said "she's scary". I think that's why she has been ducking and avoiding me. What baffles me is that since she knows I know what she was up to, she still harassed us and bothered us. I don't want to get close to her at all. She had a chance to make a good neighbor friend that she would be able to trust. We extended ourselves waaay to far (see the previous post with the caps in it), and I am done. Everything I do is for me and my husband from now on. It will no longer involve wishes from them, or communication whatsoever unless they initiate it.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1300322308' post='501793']
Ah, okay. Have you tried just ignoring them as if they didn't even exist?
[/quote]

I've been ignoring them from the end of 2008 , and the incident with the fire department.until now. Edited by thatonethere

[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1300325538' post='501801']
[/quote]

I've been ignoring them from the end of 2008 , and the incident with the fire department.until now.
[/quote]

Hm, well then I don't know what else to tell you.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1300327550' post='501804']
[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1300325538' post='501801']
[/quote]

I've been ignoring them from the end of 2008 , and the incident with the fire department.until now.
[/quote]

Hm, well then I don't know what else to tell you.
[/quote]

Well I'm probably going to send a letter to the HR department of where she works. That way it'll look like a co worker got her. Maybe it'll light a fire up her ass and she'd move quicker.

Have you ever wondered that may be...MAY BE, they have eyes on your house and may be wanted to (or want to after you renovated and built that pond and yard) buy it and that is why they make your life hell so that you move away ?

Anyway, you send that letter and make sure that the next time she smokes NHT, it will be out of her own ass. Best of luck!

[quote name='KeepItSimple' timestamp='1274858098' post='469502']
Dude, i'm hearing some crazy shit come from people. I don't know what types of lives you live, but you seriously can't expect that putting such negative energy and time into getting revenge will somehow solve the problems. Just cause your neighbors are being dicks doesn't give you the right to go overboard and fuck up their whole life with fake 911 calls by tapping into their fucking phone box. Just cause your neighbors stopped doing what annoyed you with your "tricks" and shotguns, it's not gonna make YOU any less of an asshole in the long run. I'm speaking figuratively of course, because I wouldn't ever attack someone on the forum, it would make me seem like an ass. :) haha.

I am thinking next step is harassment complaint. You said you are an interracial couple.. may her rule is " if it's brown, I'm taking it down" and there is a racial element to it that is subtle. Ask her straight up and what the deal is.. she may bullshit you, but at least you have asked. Document everything as well, in case it escalates.

A lot of this seems really childish from both sides. Why do you insist on dragging this out? Confront the issue and if needed, get the authorities involved. If you can smell the NHT use, I would call the police and tell them. If you can prove they are harassing you, then I'd file a complaint.

Bottom line, I'm too busy too mess with this stuff like you're doing. There are people that get paid to handle issues like these, let them handle it.

Tapatalk'd via HTC Droid Incredible...

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1300401714' post='501922']
A lot of this seems really childish from both sides. Why do you insist on dragging this out? Confront the issue and if needed, get the authorities involved. If you can smell the NHT use, I would call the police and tell them. If you can prove they are harassing you, then I'd file a complaint.

Bottom line, I'm too busy too mess with this stuff like you're doing. There are people that get paid to handle issues like these, let them handle it.

[/quote]

How am I being childish by ignoring her and trying to be a good neighbor???? The last straw was the tree incident, and that's why I've updated the post. You have no idea about what happens after the authorites are notified. You don't know what can happen to the person who informed them. Once the police have a person or people to arrest, the informant is on their own. In reality, police don't give a damn about protecting the people. They look for someone to arrest to improve their numbers on their performance evaluations (that would explain pulling people over for random or perceived offenses). My life could be in danger because once the people are arrested, then I'd probably have to contend with their family members after they find out. That would make me a sitting duck, and when people don't have anything to loose, all hell breaks loose. The point is to divert all attention to me and keep me and my home safe.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1300399310' post='501919']
Copper nails in all their trees....bye bye trees.
[/quote]

does this really work? i am going to try and find a way to test this

[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1300431092' post='501973']
[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1300401714' post='501922']

[/quote]

How am I being childish by ignoring her and trying to be a good neighbor???? The last straw was the tree incident, and that's why I've updated the post. You have no idea about what happens after the authorites are notified. You don't know what can happen to the person who informed them. Once the police have a person or people to arrest, the informant is on their own. In reality, police don't give a damn about protecting the people. They look for someone to arrest to improve their numbers on their performance evaluations (that would explain pulling people over for random or perceived offenses). My life could be in danger because once the people are arrested, then I'd probably have to contend with their family members after they find out. That would make me a sitting duck, and when people don't have anything to loose, all hell breaks loose. The point is to divert all attention to me and keep me and my home safe.
[/quote]

Exactly dead onC

In my experience the people that always say "call the cops" have never come to the realization that the cops single job is to put someone in jail, and they really don't care who it is. Best liar wins, worst liar gets arrested. That is what they get paid for, not protecting any single person. There is a name for people who think the cops are there to protect them, it's "victim". the neighbor sounds like the type that would be accomplished at lying to the shinny badges. On top of it, the possibility of getting some closet racist is always there. The first few times they are out they will baffle you with bullshit-and say you can't sign/they can't take a complaint-or that there is no crime to write up, Sure, you can insist on a report, but what good is that? It's sure to do nothing but make the pain-in-the-ass-neighbor worse.

Regardless of what happens then, the situation will be escalated by a now-pissed neighbor.

Cu nails work, but you need more than one. Signs should show in less than a month. CuSo4 in a shallow, downward boring will also poison it-in a shorter order. Either one will not toxify the soil. It really doesn't need to be in the trunk, a big root would be fine. Good idea Stuie!

I feel for you-it's a no win at best.

I'll disagree. A cop's job is to maintain order. If they pull you over for speeding, their main objective is not to find a way to throw you in jail. It's to enforce standards and regulations (a.k.a. laws) established by the state or federal government. If there is a law that prohibits use of NHT or excess noise during certain hours, it is the police officer's JOB to enforce those laws.

If you think their sole job is to put people in jail, you're either speaking out of ignorance or bitterness (possibly from a past experience?)

I've have parties shut down due to "excessive noise" complaints from neighbors. People I know have had police issued cease and desist letter or restraining orders to their neighbors. Just because you may have had a bad experience, dealt with immoral cops, are speaking out of ignorance or just making idiotic assumptions shouldn't be the basis of your argument. Try facts.

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1300436875' post='501989']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1300399310' post='501919']
Copper nails in all their trees....bye bye trees.
[/quote]

does this really work? i am going to try and find a way to test this
[/quote]

Yep. Get the Large ones from the roofing section at your hardware store.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1301019101' post='502889']
I'll disagree. A cop's job is to maintain order. If they pull you over for speeding, their main objective is not to find a way to throw you in jail. It's to enforce standards and regulations (a.k.a. laws) established by the state or federal government. If there is a law that prohibits use of NHT or excess noise during certain hours, it is the police officer's JOB to enforce those laws.

If you think their sole job is to put people in jail, you're either speaking out of ignorance or bitterness (possibly from a past experience?)

I've have parties shut down due to "excessive noise" complaints from neighbors. People I know have had police issued cease and desist letter or restraining orders to their neighbors. Just because you may have had a bad experience, dealt with immoral cops, are speaking out of ignorance or just making idiotic assumptions shouldn't be the basis of your argument. Try facts.
[/quote]

naive at best.

First, I guarantee you have never known anyone whom had an RO issued from/to by a LEO, it comes from a judge, and only a judge, and will be temporary unless you can substantiate the claims in court. The same court where they will present evidence to prove they didn't do it, and that you were in fact the culpable individual. Maybe a fact you should try. Second, RO's make the problem worse just as much as they stop anything. Third, you have to show a behaviour that warrants restraint by legal means, typically it has to involve threats of, or violent actions that may be deemed by a normal person, of typical intelligence to present a clear and present threat to their well being. Saying she is a bitch doesn't get you one, and could get you a frivolous, or vindictive legal action claim in civil court. ANy time you involve cops/courts it's suddenly a giant gamble-and one that is suddenly out of your control. It's a last resort.

Besides, you will absolutely never get an RO on "she called the fire dept on my unattended wood fire", or "she wrote me a nasty letter about my dead grass" but it would be funny to hear about someone trying. I would dare bet it would end with a judge threatening to make you pay legal fees for the defendant. be funny to hear someone tried though.

Ignorance, ya, sure... my woman is an atty in the DA's office, and my brother in law is an undersheriff. Sometime you should get an inside seat for the conversations that go on between cops when they are among their own. but those wouldn't be facts, I guess. Cases of fighting neighbors/souses the GP here is to gather all ID's from anyone even remotely involved, sit in the cruiser and run each one for everything they can find. If there is any reason to haul someone off they do.... problem is solved when one neighbor goes to jail for something.-again-their job is to put someone in jail.

I didn't say you'll get a restraining order for a complaining about a nasty letter or an insult. And the cease and desist letter was served by the police officer, but I lumped in the restraining order in the statement as the response was already quite long. I don't know how he got issued the order.

In either case, the ID's are collected in an attempt to find any outstanding warrants to fulfill order. It's not necessarily to "find someone to put in jail". Your brother in law, his friends, or whomever you spoke to may have different motivations for running the checks, but their primary job is not to throw someone in jail. That may be the most efficient or effective way to resolve the issue in this crazy neighbor scenario, but it's not their mission. I will admit their are some people, and it seems like you know a few, that make it their sole purpose to throw someone in jail...but, the departments mission doesn't always run parallel.

For instance: [url="http://www.sandiego.gov/police/about/mission.shtml"]http://www.sandiego....t/mission.shtml[/url]
[url="http://www.battlecreekmi.gov/City_Government/Departments/Police.htm"]http://www.battlecre...ents/Police.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.lapdonline.org/inside_the_lapd/content_basic_view/844"]http://www.lapdonlin..._basic_view/844[/url]

And I can reasonably assume, the SOPs for all police departments fall in line with these visions and mission statments. It surely would not be, Mission Statement: Throw people in jail. Edited by Arcane