Making Your Own Shisha Flavours

does anyone know the recipees used by alfakher, starbuzz, tangiers for their flavours and what kind of process they use.

i belive theres a massive demand for a good flavour company in uk, as al fakher prices are sky high and there is no SB or tangiers in UK, al fakher basically has a monopoly here, there is alot of demand for new companies in the UK market,

[quote name='Allah Hu Akbar' date='22 May 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1274539182' post='469003']
does anyone know the recipees used by alfakher, starbuzz, tangiers for their flavours and what kind of process they use.

i belive theres a massive demand for a good flavour company in uk, as al fakher prices are sky high and there is no SB or tangiers in UK, al fakher basically has a monopoly here, there is alot of demand for new companies in the UK market,
[/quote]

Tobacco.
Honey.
Glycerine.
Ethanol.
Flavoring.

I think very soon with new taxes brands like Elements from germany will be the hot ticket...because then you are only taxed on the dry tobacco and not the finished moassel tottal weight product....making them much cheaper then fully processed brands

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='23 May 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1274668412' post='469212']
The secret ingredients in Tangiers are orphan's dreams, and virgin's kisses. Eric told me.....
[/quote]

Lmfao

From what I've been able to gather, flavors are much more complicated than they appear. I've talked to Eric before about it, and all I can say is I'm glad he's the one at the wheel of the tangiers flavor train. :)

Simply put, flavors are nothing more than chemical compounds - each with it's own unique characteristics. Some mix well together, others do not. Some are subtle and require a large amount to deliver the expected flavor, others are strong and requre less. Some flavors change depending on the amount of flavoring you're dealing with. And to make matters even more complicated, flavors may change when they're mixed with a medium such as tobacco. Add that to the fact that the characteristics of chemicals/flavors change when they're subjected to heat and that every person/company might have a different idea as to what a specific flavor's supposed to taste like, and you've got quite a headache.

The reality is, I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff. What I do know is what I've gleaned from my conversations with Eric, but I'm far from truly understanding most of this stuff. What I do know is flavors are no joke, and I have mad respect for those involved in their design and creation.

[quote name='Allah Hu Akbar' date='25 May 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1274799331' post='469423']
would it really make a difference if i use honey instead of molasses as i cant find it anywhere
[/quote]

you can but I find it brings it own flavor to the smoke. I had some Epic Smoke cola and all I could taste was the honey.
Ray

[quote name='Allah Hu Akbar' date='25 May 2010 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1274799331' post='469423']
would it really make a difference if i use honey instead of molasses as i cant find it anywhere
[/quote]

I think this is a situation where if you need to ask a hookah forum, which is comprised mostly of people who smoke sheesha that they have bought, how to make sheesha, then you are probably not ready to begin making it.

Where are you going to be finding the flavorings if you have already given up on molasses?

[quote name='Allah Hu Akbar' date='25 May 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1274799331' post='469423']
[/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"]
Molasses are made from sugar cane. Honey from bees. Just a different kind of sweetness with a different method of extraction.
[/font]

• 5 years later...

I understand how to make the flavour but i aint getting the perfect tobacco does anybody know what tobacco should be used and how do i get it to 0% Nicotine and 0.5 Tar