Down Stem Pipe

Mrnize

Alrighty, here it is.
I work in a machine shop and have found my self a newly designed stem/diffuser. This is for a MYA Gelato, and is EXCELLENT to use. The holes are about .05 thousands of an inch, with a 7 degree tapper into the tube, which in theory push's air down toward the vase and out which dispenses the air/water id say 50 times more then the standard through hole.
Take a look, and enjoy.
Sorry for the poor quality pic, you know how it goes with a camera phone...

:facepalm:Ok.. forgot the pic

[img]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp271/mrnize/2010-02-05101830.jpg[/img]

Very nice looking down stem. I'm still thinking wouldn't you want something at the bottom though to break up the air and bubbles as well. Cause there will be alot going out the sides but still enough would make it past. Don't get me wrong I'd take one in a heartbeat..lol very professional looking stem, great job.

[quote name='NitetimeReign' date='15 May 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1273956156' post='468216']
Very nice looking down stem. I'm still thinking wouldn't you want something at the bottom though to break up the air and bubbles as well. Cause there will be alot going out the sides but still enough would make it past. Don't get me wrong I'd take one in a heartbeat..lol very professional looking stem, great job.
[/quote]

Ive actually tried doing both, and there is not nearly enough lung capacity to efficiently use a through hole as well. Do too the amount of holes that have been put into it, there is no back pressure? for taking a quality draw. My initial design also was bigger holes for the sides, about an 1/8th of an inch holes and that was unsuccessful do to the same nature, not enough back pressure. Basically like blowing through a tube with no resistance.
Thanks for the comment.

I have another tool in the making for coals too ;) keep a look out.

[quote name='Mrnize' date='15 May 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1273944875' post='468189']
Alrighty, here it is.
I work in a machine shop and have found my self a newly designed stem/diffuser. This is for a MYA Gelato, and is EXCELLENT to use. The holes are about .05 thousands of an inch, with a 7 degree tapper into the tube, which in theory push's air down toward the vase and out which dispenses the air/water id say 50 times more then the standard through hole.
Take a look, and enjoy.
[/quote]

Wow that looks very nice my friend. I'm assuming you meant .05 inches though and not .05 thousandths (.00005 in) haha. What made you choose the taper angles, size, etc.? 'Fluid dynamics', 'it seemed to just make sense', 'It looked pretty', etc.

[quote name='colto' date='16 May 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1274072911' post='468379']
[quote name='Mrnize' date='15 May 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1273944875' post='468189']
Alrighty, here it is.
Take a look, and enjoy.
[/quote]

Wow that looks very nice my friend. I'm assuming you meant .05 inches though and not .05 thousandths (.00005 in) haha. What made you choose the taper angles, size, etc.? 'Fluid dynamics', 'it seemed to just make sense', 'It looked pretty', etc.
[/quote]

Thanks.
Well, the theory and practical part of an optional piece named diffuser made me want to make it out of a single piece of material instead of having a bulky plastic attachment or some other rigged up part. Plus, I new I would be able to make it work to my liking because I did go through about 4-5 different styles, lengths etc.
The hole size was figured by trial and error to be honest, but the taper was decided on by how much I wanted the flow of air to be controlled, Steeper angle more filter/diffusing would take place. OH and it looks pretty too :)

Yes, that is a chamfer on the bottom of the tube.

There is a piece acrylic in the bottom of it, basically used to plug the end.
Ill have to take a pic of it, because It looks like an eye.

[quote name='Jeff_T' date='18 May 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1274168975' post='468489']
Looks cool. I'd like to see how it smokes or try it out. Good idea and good execution, +1.
[/quote]

Im not very movie video like maker person LOL but I can try and come up with something. Why not right?
Thanks for the feedback.