Hookah Masters Grace Me With Your Opinion And Tips On My Order!

I'm fairly new to HF, but you guys have this aura that makes one incredibly curious of a mystical place called tangiers. I've tried 4 lucid flavors and 1 noir. A buddy of mine is coming back to mexico from the states for summer vacation, along with some hookah supplies I bought. From H-S I purchased: Social Smoke Mobster (this better be good). From Hookah John I got: his alien mini as my small tangiers phunnel died, a glass mouthpiece and tangiers iced peach tea noir. I was anticipating with my buddies a few months ago to get our asses kicked from Tangiers Noir buzz. We get pretty buzzed with Nakhla and to think of somehting with a bigger punch was scary in a good way. So we got Tangiers Pear, let it acclimate and smoked it. The flavor was great but we didn't get buzzed. I was even chain smoking it and my friends now think I just like to exaggerate everything hookah related. Is there a reason for this? Also I've seen pics where people smoke tangiers with two CH nats. I've always had to cut them in half or it would get super harsh. But by cutting them they ash so much and don't last as long. Are there any tips so I can achieve the perfect tangiers nirvana?

I liked SS Mobster.

I like the Tangiers phunnels better than the Alien. Just traded my Alien for 500g of Tangiers Lucid Blueberry, actually.

Peach Iced Tea is a good flavor- good choice.

Some people get hella buzzed, while others don't. Seems like you're one of those that don't. Funny that Pear Noir didn't buzz you though... I hear that one's quite heavy on the buzz. Perhaps your packing might have something to do with it as well.

I smoke Tangiers with two CH nats all the time (until I get more CCNs, of course). Gotta keep ashing them and rotating them around the bowl. I prefer Coconaras, and what I do with those is cut them into halves so I have four halves placed evenly around the bowl. I get perfect flavor/smoke every time. I don't touch the coals at all during the entire session, either. I use this same method for Nakhla as well. Seems to treat me quite well.

Nice order, but with tangiers, you need to pack it tight so it looks like it did when it was in the package. Pack your bowl all the way full, and when you smash it down, make sure it is flush with the bowl's edges. Add 2 CH coals and you're set! 2 CH coals work great for the HJ Alien and Tangiers. Use this same packing method for all of your Tangier's experiences and all should be well (amount of coals may vary depending on your bowl type)

Thanks for all the tips. I really hope I get some level of buzz with Peach Iced Tea. I'll also give it another go to my Pear with the alien. It's really wierd because we even had Desli Murli which is a bomb, and didn't get any buzz from that. This week being my final run for the semester, a perfect afternoon on the amazing roof of a buddies house with (fingers crossed) an amazing peach iced tea and a relaxing buzz is all I'm asking for haha.