Creepiness

So I did a google of my first,last name,city, and state and I stumbled upon this site called spokeo.com. This site told me everything about myself except my race. Go to the site, plug in your first name, last name, city and state . It's really freaky. No this is not some retarded spam or chain mail that will smite you if you don't comply with the request, nor will it suck your bank account dry in the name of a Nigerian princess. Seriously, it's bizarre if you click around on it. It will also tell you the names of people who also live in your house.

Some of the info they dug up on me is wrong, but they have enough of it to make me wonder who the hell is watching me.

Any thoughts on this?

it couldn't find me by name but it found EVERY PICTURE I HAVE EVER POSTED (including the ones I uploaded to this site) with my email. both my blogs (I didn't even use that email on them i used my other one.) also it found my my space page and twitter account. and even found a copy of my certificate of ordainment.

Yikes! I couldn't find any pictures, but it has my siblings and my mother listed as possible relatives!!!

Ha, didn't know shit on me. It got my address, first name, last name, city, state, parents, grandparents, and thats it...it completely FAILED on everything else. It told me I am in my 50's....I am in my 20's. told me i loved reading...I absolutely HATE reading. told me I had kids...hell, I've never even had sex. Says im a home owner...i live in the dorms. says i have to pay to see my pics and stuff..not willing to do that. I give it an F+ lol the plus for giving me my name, address, parents, and grandparents.

heh, my gf isn't even on there.

Don't freak out. If you ask to be taken off the site, they will remove you. I'm not even on there. A lot of info about my friends and family is totally inaccurate. It says my mom is single haha. But it did know that she's an attorney. Its an interesting site.

some facts are wrong about me...others are right....

it said i love reading, which is true....but, seeing as how Tyler got the same thing...i'm thinking it puts random shit on that part. even told me i play baseball, which is waaaaay off.....

Got almost all my info wrong... And it's still showing me as living at my old house in my hometown, which I haven't lived there in over two years...

Great, another site for the perverted psychos in our society to prey on young, unsuspecting women...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='05 May 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1273103942' post='466845']
Got almost all my info wrong... And it's still showing me as living at my old house in my hometown, which I haven't lived there in over two years...

Great, another site for the perverted psychos in our society to prey on young, unsuspecting women...
[/quote]

Ah they don't need a website, they just hit on young female cashiers who can't do jackshit about it.

Until they pinch/touch them and then said young female cashier breaks his hand... product of a daddy who is a blackbelt and all around badass. Edited by bellydancerakn

has me as sixty years old, co-head of the house with my dad, and that my house is worth $1million...I was pissing myself at the thought of all that, hahahaha

Did you guys notice that all of the houses are worth 1M+, but the neighborhoods are all below average.

I found that funny. I have no idea how this site got my age, or my family members simply because my real name is very uncommon. It had my family's phone number on it also, and they aren't even in the phone book.

[quote name='indian_villager' date='05 May 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1273077932' post='466797']
It says I am a white guy living by myself.
[/quote]
close enough....

:P

I am M.I.A.

There is some fellow with a similar (but incorrectly spelled) name in Maine, but that is it.

My guess is that most of their info is harvested from social networking pages. Since I am neither social (I know that fact really surprises you, doesn't it?), nor ever felt any need to post my life-happenings on a face-my-page thing. Guess I will go on enjoying not having my address or phone # on there. :Hookah:

Just further proof that what one posts on the web will be there forever-not always a good thing! When I think of the stupid things I did in my dumb-years, I can be glad there were no such things as cell phones, digital cameras, nor idiot-friends to post the evidence of those moments that followed a lack of good judgment.:bye2:

Here's a site that is a little more comprehensive than spokeo that I use to research phone numbers/people if something fishy is going on.

www.pipl.com

It even searches spokeo.com, myspace, facebook, etc. Given just a detail or two and you can find out everything about someone.

Example: a friend on xbox live bet me I couldn't find anything on him. I plugged in JUST his xbox live gamertag. I found out his home phone, address, families names, income level, myspace, facebook, email. You name it.

It is indeed a little creepy...
Searched on spokeo and I guess I'm in my 60's, married, living with my grandma (who it says is 80) at the house she sold last year...
Pipl has some court records that were actually mine, along with a vid from high school, some old forum posts and a news article I was mentioned in back in 2005.

very very wrng on mine says im older than my parents that im married and that i own my parents house lol, gotta love it, also i might add it estimated my house to be worth twice its value and says my household income is over 2 million dollars lol not even close i guess there off by alot on some things.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='07 May 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1273212387' post='467073']
Ha! All Pipl found was my myspace page...
[/quote]

Actually you might want to double check that lol.

Just based off your user name here, I found your facebook, myspace, twitter, photobucket, IGN account... basically enough to track you down if I was an unsavory person.

By the way, nice black ford focus with red under lights ;)

[quote name='TweakX4' date='08 May 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1273291267' post='467185']
all it found was my dad, we have the same name so it's kinda acceptable... except it didn't even list me as one of his sons. it has absolutely NOTHING on me.
[/quote]

You might want to double check too, I found your name, city/state, myspace, twitter, facebook (i think) and all your close relatives names.

Now guys I only did this b/c I was bored and I wont' tell anyone on here your names unless you're asking for proof lol But I did it to show you just how easily a person with 2 minutes and one little piece of info could find out everything they need to know about you. Plus a few extra bucks I could get your cell phone number, criminal record, and address in less than 30 seconds.

I'm not saying I'm impossible to find, but don't think you are either ;)