Help Meeeee

Hi, I have used several hookah's, but they have been all my friends. Now, I have decided to buy my own so I am doing some research and get some opinions from people who are more experienced. I am looking to order a new hookah off a website. What websites do you recommend. I have used the search tool, but did not find much about sites except banned vendors.

Also, could someone recommend a specific hookah cause I found a few that had mixed reviews. I kinda want a 3 tubed hookah, but still at a decent price like preferably under $120 if possible. I also saw some rotating hookah's which look pretty cool, but heard they are sort of wobbly, is that true?

I am a total noob in this stuff so any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='nyeung' date='03 May 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1272937175' post='466526']
Hi, I have used several hookah's, but they have been all my friends. Now, I have decided to buy my own so I am doing some research and get some opinions from people who are more experienced. I am looking to order a new hookah off a website. What websites do you recommend. I have used the search tool, but did not find much about sites except banned vendors.

Also, could someone recommend a specific hookah cause I found a few that had mixed reviews. I kinda want a 3 tubed hookah, but still at a decent price like preferably under $120 if possible. I also saw some rotating hookah's which look pretty cool, but heard they are sort of wobbly, is that true?

[/quote]

First off... welcome to the forum

I would post this up in the general discussion as it will get a lot more responses, although none much different than this.

As far as retailers I would recommend

Hookah Company
Hookah John
Nazar Hookah

As far as pipes if you want 3 hose go mya, but prepare to spend a lot if you want a larger pipe. For one hose I would go Khalil Maamoon (mamoon), and i would suggest one hose over multi as the auto purges will affect the ease of pull.

Rotating hookahs... I have never owned one but have heard a lot of people have had problems. If you have three hoses why would you need to rotate.

[quote name='joytron' date='03 May 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1272941924' post='466539']
[quote name='nyeung' date='03 May 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1272937175' post='466526']

[/quote]

First off... welcome to the forum

I would post this up in the general discussion as it will get a lot more responses, although none much different than this.

As far as retailers I would recommend

Hookah Company
Hookah John
Nazar Hookah

As far as pipes if you want 3 hose go mya, but prepare to spend a lot if you want a larger pipe. For one hose I would go Khalil Maamoon (mamoon), and i would suggest one hose over multi as the auto purges will affect the ease of pull.

Rotating hookahs... I have never owned one but have heard a lot of people have had problems. If you have three hoses why would you need to rotate.
[/quote]
Thanks a lot for that reply, I'll try those sites and see what I can find. I kinda wanted to get maybe at least a 2 hose at least? I did see mya and find a few, but they did get pretty pricey. I found some cheaper ones, but I don't think they're as popular since I could not find many reviews. Thank you again for the help and if I can not really find much, I will post in the general discussion. I just wanted to introduce myself.

If you really want a mulit hose hookah, just get a normal MYA one hose and buy a hose adaptor. Thats what I did for my QT. That way if it's just 4 or less I can just have a one hose and if it's a party or something I simply unscrew the purge valve and screw on the hose adaptor and plug in the extra hose... Voila a two hose MYA for the price of a one hose!

Also,

Since your a self confessed noob I'd suggest one of the smaller MYA models. They're pretty damn durable for clumsy owners and clumsy friends. Also, if you break a part it's incredibaly easy to get replacement parts. And they are a lot cheaper than KMs. Also the thing I have heard about KMs is that since they are handmade they don't always work 100% out of the box and there might be a small amount of TLC and McGyver-ing going one to get in tip-top shape. MYAs are not handmade, if I'm wrong correct me on this please. But my QT is too damn perfect to be handmade, no weld spots or anything.

hookah-shisha.com
nazarhookah.com
southsmoke.com
hookahjohn.com

Those are a few of the best sites to buy hookahs, shisha, and hookah accesories on. I bought my QT from Mahir at Nazar hookah. When there was a problem I could text him directly to let him know and he fixed it ASAP. Awesome guy to deal with and super cheap. I've heard similar things from others about John from Hookah John. I'd look at trades to see if a cheap hookah turns up and spend a few weeks reading the reviews of various hookahs and vendors to see what is right for you before you buy anything. Too many of us, me included, bought a hookah not knowing shit about them and then found this forum afterwards. I wasted 60 bucks on a cheap POS fake ass MYA QT that broke the 3rd time I used it. Luckily I got my money back and bought a real QT online. From what I've read this event is not uncommon unfortuantly.

So you've already taken the first step to discover this forum, just read the rules and read the posts. Educate yourself and then you will have a brand new money pit lol. Seriously, it's not uncommon to spend a hundred or more a month on shisha and accesories. As long as you can make peace with yourself for the minor debt you are about to incure, welcome and have fun! It's worth it!!!!

are you sure you wanna get into it? are you sure you want a 3 hose? are you always gonna with 2 other ppl? I was just gonna suggest you browse the sites mentioned above...once you chose your top 3 come back and post a "what you think" thread then people can give you more spacifics of whet you want in a hookah...walcome to hf

[quote name='Josh Hamilton' date='04 May 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1272985374' post='466586']
are you sure you wanna get into it? are you sure you want a 3 hose? are you always gonna with 2 other ppl? I was just gonna suggest you browse the sites mentioned above...once you chose your top 3 come back and post a "what you think" thread then people can give you more spacifics of whet you want in a hookah...walcome to hf
[/quote]

I did look through them. I mainly want to get 3 hoses just cause I would mainly do it for social reasons while hanging out with people. I will look at those sights more and hoepfully find one I like