Alcohol In Hookah Vase

I was just wanting to hear some opinions on putting alcohol- wine or whatever in your hookah vase. I've read so many different opinions on the internet tried it myself I feel like if you mix it right with the right type of flavor if can taste much better. let me hear some opinions

hmmmm i love love loveee smoking a head of mint with some grey goose in the vase!! also i know this sound weird but a mix of milk and water.... hmmm clouds to die for!

I've tried a whole bottle of wine the other day.. would not suggest that all it tasted was wine just way to strong.. we dumped most of the wine out left a little and filled the rest with water I thought it tasted pretty good. I was burning pharoahs xtreme strawberry. it mixed pretty well..

[url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/37133-alcohol-as-a-base-liquid/page__hl__alcohol%20in%20vase"]http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/37133-alcohol-as-a-base-liquid/page__hl__alcohol%20in%20vase[/url]

UUGGHGGHGHGHGH... ZOMBIEE THREAD WANTT BRAINNSSSS.....

Milk doesn't work.
Alcohol takes too much effort IMO, just buy good shisha and don't worry about it.
Best alcohol mix I've ever tried, was putting a concord wine in the base, and smoking Raspberry. That was a pretty good, dark rich flavor.

But again, just stick with water unless you feel like taking extra effort and measurments, or a not so extra effect. Just an opinion.

[quote name='ezxen' date='01 May 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1272709571' post='466223']
Dose nothing than alter taste and make thicker clouds. any added buzz is just in your head or a really well packed bowl .
[/quote]

LOL does nothing but ALTER TASTE AND MAKE THICKER CLOUDS?!? isnt that the POINT of hookah smoking? buzz is the only thirs thing that isnt even present in many tobacco brands, so thats not so important compared to the other two!

[quote name='the_cool' date='02 May 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1272847687' post='466426']
[quote name='ezxen' date='01 May 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1272709571' post='466223']
Dose nothing than alter taste and make thicker clouds. any added buzz is just in your head or a really well packed bowl .
[/quote]

LOL does nothing but ALTER TASTE AND MAKE THICKER CLOUDS?!? isnt that the POINT of hookah smoking? buzz is the only thirs thing that isnt even present in many tobacco brands, so thats not so important compared to the other two!
[/quote]
Dont get me wrong those are nice things most the time when i hear people alcohol in base its for a buzz factor .Did not mean to insult you in any way . but this can be obtianed by other methods . Therse never a need to waste good wine , dont bother with cheap wine makes smoke taste bad.

[quote name='Stephy171' date='30 April 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1272692690' post='466209']
hmmmm i love love loveee smoking a head of mint with some grey goose in the vase!! also i know this sound weird but a mix of milk and water.... hmmm clouds to die for!
[/quote]

I'd rather put some redbull in that grey goose and drink it.
I don't see a point to this but it is what it is.

[quote name='ezxen' date='02 May 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1272866750' post='466459']
[quote name='the_cool' date='02 May 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1272847687' post='466426']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dont get me wrong those are nice things most the time when i hear people alcohol in base its for a buzz factor .Did not mean to insult you in any way . but this can be obtianed by other methods . Therse never a need to waste good wine , dont bother with cheap wine makes smoke taste bad.
[/quote]
i don't believe it does ANYTHING to the smoke....altering the taste, thicker clouds, added buzz, flying horses, and tax-free tobacco are all in your head....

the best you can get out of it is coupling the aroma of the liquid with the flavor of the smoke....a better way to accomplish this would be to
1. pour a glass of whatever you wanted to add in the base
2. inhale the aroma of the liquid through your mouth
3. take a pull

and the good thing about this is you get to drink it too!

ah sorry dude! i wasnt offended or anything, just found it a bit funny! i guess its more for me about the clouds and flavour as i dont drink, or want a buzz in any way shape or form. sorry mate, no hard feelings :)

On the topic (kind of) a local hookah cafe serves AF DA in an apple bowl with milk in the vase which a few mates reckon its soo much nicer that regular DA which isnt nice. I think its the placebo effect, it tasted EXACTLY the same.

Although, i do think adding stuff to the water can change the flavour, ONLY is its strong enough. Years and years ago, my bro in law said to put these in the vase:

[url="http://www.chemistmart.co.uk/images/Karvol%20Decongestant%20Capsules.jpg"]http://www.chemistma...%20Capsules.jpg[/url]

I cant actually remember if it made a difference, but from what i can remember, he liked it! and hes not a hookah n00b by any means. Anybody wanna try :D Edited by the_cool