Cartoons Past And Present

thatonethere

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='28 April 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1272501125' post='465915']
I miss Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, & Baby Looney Tunes (or whatever the name was). Those were the cartoons I would watch on saturday morning. The only ones my parents could stand, besides educational stuff like Sesame Street. I remember waking up at around 9 or so and watching Dot, Yakko, and Wakko while eating waffles and just chilling with my parents.
God I miss that! My parents still reference Baby Looney Tunes "Boat go down da hoooole!" (baby sylvester flushing things down the toilet).

This little kid the other day (like 6 yrs old) saw a box set of Toy Story 1 & 2. He was like whats that? And his dad explained to him what Toy Story was. In that moment I felt old because I remember when Toy Story came out and what a big deal the 3d animation was at that time. And now we have Avatar...
[/quote]
keys go down the hole was baby daffy not sylvester

[quote name='Venger' date='28 April 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1272504254' post='465926']
[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='28 April 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1272501125' post='465915']
I miss Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, & Baby Looney Tunes (or whatever the name was). Those were the cartoons I would watch on saturday morning. The only ones my parents could stand, besides educational stuff like Sesame Street. I remember waking up at around 9 or so and watching Dot, Yakko, and Wakko while eating waffles and just chilling with my parents.
God I miss that! My parents still reference Baby Looney Tunes "Boat go down da hoooole!" (baby sylvester flushing things down the toilet).

This little kid the other day (like 6 yrs old) saw a box set of Toy Story 1 & 2. He was like whats that? And his dad explained to him what Toy Story was. In that moment I felt old because I remember when Toy Story came out and what a big deal the 3d animation was at that time. And now we have Avatar...
[/quote]
keys go down the hole was baby daffy not sylvester
[/quote]

Ah! Yes you are right. In my defense I was around 5 at the time.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='28 April 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1272502783' post='465920']
Wow, looking at this thread makes me remember all the good stuff we had... The crap kids have now is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Which makes me glad my little sister likes to watch Tom and Jerry and the original Scooby Doo and all the good old cartoons.

i was just talking about this at work the other day.

i remember watching david the gnome and alegra's window on nick jr. when i was really little

i also wanna throw in:

reboot. the show that started cg shows.

camp candy

captan planet

inpector gadget

old cartoons are so much better than whats out there today

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='28 April 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1272502783' post='465920']
Wow, looking at this thread makes me remember all the good stuff we had... The crap kids have now is ridiculous.
[/quote]

remember every decade feels that way. my dad thought the rocketter, lone ranger and charlie chan were the best kids shows ever made. (and even though we see those shows today as geared more to adults they were in fact targeted to kids.)

probably why I love all things movie and television. I grew up on those old serials.

[quote name='TweakX4' date='28 April 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1272511923' post='465951']

i remember watching [b]david the gnome[/b] and alegra's window on nick jr. when i was really little

i also wanna throw in:

camp candy

[b]captan planet[/b]

[b]inpector gadget
[/b]

[/quote]

David the Gnome FTW! I remember captain planet and inspector gadget also!

This is not a cartoon, but does anybody remember a show on Nickalodeon called "Pinwheel"?

I also remember You Can't Do That on Telivision. Honestly, that show was kind of dumb. The slime( whenever somebody said "I don't know"), water (whenever somebody said "water), and, vomit scenes (from Barf's cafateria) got really redundant.

For those mentioning the baby Looney Toon cartoon, the name of it was "Tiny Toon Adventures". The name of the baby Daffy character was named "Plucky".

[quote name='thatonethere' date='29 April 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1272527494' post='465973']
[quote name='TweakX4' date='28 April 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1272511923' post='465951']

i remember watching [b]david the gnome[/b] and alegra's window on nick jr. when i was really little

i also wanna throw in:

camp candy

[b]captan planet[/b]

[b]inpector gadget
[/b]

[/quote]

David the Gnome FTW! I remember captain planet and inspector gadget also!

This is not a cartoon, but does anybody remember a show on Nickalodeon called "Pinwheel"?

I also remember You Can't Do That on Telivision. Honestly, that show was kind of dumb. The slime( whenever somebody said "I don't know"), water (whenever somebody said "water), and, vomit scenes (from Barf's cafateria) got really redundant.

For those mentioning the baby Looney Toon cartoon, the name of it was "Tiny Toon Adventures". The name of the baby Daffy character was named "Plucky".
[/quote]
I stand corrected.In my defense I was in my 30's at the time.(wink)
Ray

My little brothers (3 and 6) LOOOOVE Tom and Jerry. I was sure to turn them on to it because it was one of my favorites growing up. One of the neighborhoods kids was over the other day and my brother said something about Tom and Jerry. The little girl said "What's Tom and Jerry?" My 6-year-old brother and I said "WHAT?!" at the same time, which was pretty damn adorable. I had to facepalm, though, because it's an absolute classic and this poor girl had no idea.

It's the advantage of having a cool older brother, I guess, but it's really sad that most of these kids have to grow up with the shit they are showing these days.

[quote name='the_cool' date='29 April 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1272554381' post='465987']
I think this is a UK specific one... but does anyone remember Banana Man? That takes me back! Looking back though, it has an unbelievably stupid story...just check the intro

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZnnD9IeeAA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OZnnD9IeeAA[/url]
[/quote]

Banana Man was awesome as was danger mouse. Nickelodeon played both here in the States when it was a very new channel.
Everything Penfold said was gold.The episode with the tickle-o-willowpuss when one got up his leg and was tickling him.
danger mouse tries to get it out and after server gigglie attempts Penfold says it the other leg. The Other Leg...hahaha
Ray

how could i even forget scooby doo... I spent endless hours fathoming how awesome they were for solving all those mysteries :D

anyone remember the show dinosaurs..(with the baby dinosaur who'd his dad with a frying pan/bat/bottle sayin "Not Da Mama!")..not a cartoon but still a "kids" show..i have the first season on dvd....its got so many epic jokes aimed at adults....but then again, so do most of the good old shows

No one has mentioned:

Clarissa Explains It All
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Fraggle Rock
Doug
Salute Your Shorts
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Hey Dude!
Space Ghost Coast to Coast

That is just a hand full of the stuff I watched as a kid. I also watched MacGyver a lot with my mom, but that show was awesome.

Remember Denver the Last Dinosaur, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Both had dumb plots, but I can forgive TMNT! That was one of my favorite cartoons back in the day.

[quote name='ashes87' date='04 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1273038055' post='466710']
No one has mentioned:

Clarissa Explains It All
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Fraggle Rock
[b]Doug[/b]
Salute Your Shorts
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Hey Dude!
Space Ghost Coast to Coast

That is just a hand full of the stuff I watched as a kid. I also watched MacGyver a lot with my mom, but that show was awesome.
[/quote]

Doug got mentioned already. I've never heard of Space Ghost though.

if you are looking for a funny newer cartoon to watch, i suggest metalocalypse. i dont think anyone said it yet

I've done some reading on this Metalocalypse cartoon, and I might have to check out some episodes on YouTube to determine if I like it or not. THe concept sounds really good, and funny! It's definitely something new and original.

its great!! you should definitely check it out. i <3 toki!