Does anybody remember the following cartoons:

Daria
Doug
Ren & Stimpy
Hey Arnold!
Rugrats
Foamy the Squirrel
Rocko's Modern Life

I haven't had cable for many, many, many years, and I know I'm missing out on some really good cartoons on DVD. Are there any more out there aside from the following:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Family Guy
American Dad
The Simpsons
Futurerama (I know this is coming back soon)
King of the Hill
Boondocks

If so, could you guys let me know? I'm itching for some new animated entertainment.

I remember all of those. Gotta be honest with you, though. Aside from the newer adult swim cartoons, there aren't many worth watching. One I would like to add to that list is Archer. [i]Danger zone[/i].

Invader Zim
Freakazoid
Mission Hill (short-lived, but very funny)
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
Venture Brothers

I remember my second grade teacher back in the day delivering a huge rant on The Simpsons when somebody said they watched it. It apparently is immature and makes you a terrible person if you watch it and you are everything that is wrong with the world for keeping it on the air. Ahh, Louisiana public school...

[quote name='thatonethere' date='27 April 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1272363136' post='465675']
Does anybody remember the following cartoons:

Daria
[color="#ff0000"]Doug
Ren & Stimpy
Hey Arnold!
Rugrats
[/color]Foamy the Squirrel
[color="#ff0000"]Rocko's Modern Life
[/color]
I haven't had cable for many, many, many years, and I know I'm missing out on some really good cartoons on DVD. Are there any more out there aside from the following:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Family Guy
American Dad
The Simpsons
Futurerama (I know this is coming back soon)
King of the Hill
Boondocks

If so, could you guys let me know? I'm itching for some new animated entertainment.
[/quote]

i remember those ones....and i remeber shows like freakazoid...which is available on dvd...and Garfield and Friends

[quote name='CarePolice' date='27 April 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1272371707' post='465681']
I remember all of those. Gotta be honest with you, though. Aside from the newer adult swim cartoons, there aren't many worth watching. One I would like to add to that list is Archer. [i]Danger zone[/i].
[/quote]
Archer is one of the best animated shows EVER.I believe it is made by the same folks who did frisky Dingo.
for the OP its on FX watch it. I do remember all those other shows as well.I never really grew up.
add invader zim to your must see list as well.
Ray

I remember Freakazoid! That cartoon was awesome! Speaking of that cartoon, does anybody remember "The Tick"? That cartoon was amazing! That's another cartoon I'll have to look into purchasing.

I remember everything but[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#CACACA"][size=2] [/size][font="Verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#000000"][size=3]Foamy the Squirrel [/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#CACACA"][font="Verdana, arial, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#000000"][size=3][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]this thread makes me feel old lol.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#CACACA"][size=2]
[/size][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='twoapplesplease' date='27 April 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1272431561' post='465810']
Man I must be getting old I rember all those for the most part.....My favorite was The Blue Falcon and Dynomutt Dog Wonder now who rembers that, ohh and thundarr the barbarian
[/quote]

I remember Dynomutt and Dinosaurs (the sitcom).

Charley:
I'm glad you like Foamy! You can catch the rest of the cartoons at www.illwillpress.com.

I'm adding X men to the list

[quote name='ryno' date='27 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1272427909' post='465804']
Not cartoon but close enough, anyone remember Dinosaurs?
[/quote]

Hell yea dude. I had their CD that they put out too. I was young when that was on. I'm gonna go youtube it. I still remember the episode where one of them dies and goes to heaven and is brought back, and explains it all the them.

[quote name='Charley' date='27 April 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1272416446' post='465780']
i just watched a couple clips of it on youtube still dont remember it but i loled so hard I actually started crying and gasping trying to get my breath back.
[/quote]

I just did a Goodle, and I found out the actual name of the cartoon is "Neurotically Yours".

remember all of those.

I downloaded all of Rocko's Modern Life a few months ago... can't find it on DVD anywhere!

Dinosaurs=check
thundar=check
blue falcon=check
x-men all three since the 90's=check
add to the list and we are going back
johnny quest
space ghost
herculoids
justice league
the inhumaniods
transformers(og,beast wars,ect)
he-man
she-ra
The pirate of darkwater
more to come
Ray

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='27 April 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1272434517' post='465819']
[quote name='ryno' date='27 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1272427909' post='465804']
Not cartoon but close enough, anyone remember Dinosaurs?
[/quote]

Hell yea dude. I had their CD that they put out too. I was young when that was on. I'm gonna go youtube it. I still remember the episode where one of them dies and goes to heaven and is brought back, and explains it all the them.
[/quote]

I had their casette tape.... I'm not old I swear Im 21 Edited by Karot

i watched every foamy episode there is so now i guess i can say i fully remember everything on this list so far.

I loved dinosaurs I still remember the last episode where the archeologist dug up there bones and they were all still sitting in front of there tv and he couldn't explain it so he just reburied them.

oh and pirates of dark water was great.

oh and while this isnt a cartoon dose anyone remember you cant do that on tv? it was like the only show nickelodeon had when it first came on the air it was on all the time.

[quote name='Charley' date='28 April 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1272495049' post='465903']
i watched every foamy episode there is so now i guess i can say i fully remember everything on this list so far.

I loved dinosaurs I still remember the last episode where the archeologist dug up there bones and they were all still sitting in front of there tv and he couldn't explain it so he just reburied them.

oh and pirates of dark water was great.

oh and while this isnt a cartoon dose anyone remember you cant do that on tv? it was like the only show nickelodeon had when it first came on the air it was on all the time.
[/quote]

OH yeah I had a mad crush on Christine McGlade. That black hair and blue eyes.
Ray

I miss Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, & Baby Looney Tunes (or whatever the name was). Those were the cartoons I would watch on saturday morning. The only ones my parents could stand, besides educational stuff like Sesame Street. I remember waking up at around 9 or so and watching Dot, Yakko, and Wakko while eating waffles and just chilling with my parents.
God I miss that! My parents still reference Baby Looney Tunes "Boat go down da hoooole!" (baby sylvester flushing things down the toilet).

This little kid the other day (like 6 yrs old) saw a box set of Toy Story 1 & 2. He was like whats that? And his dad explained to him what Toy Story was. In that moment I felt old because I remember when Toy Story came out and what a big deal the 3d animation was at that time. And now we have Avatar...

Tom and Jerry was a favorite of mine,
Power Rangers wasnt a cartoon but it was a past childhood tv show so i plan to throw it in here?
Doug was great
Rugrats
Rockos Modern Life
Xmen
and the Simpsons. are just a few of my old favs.

A good cartoon show for kids is The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. It's reminiscent of classic cartoons in that it actually has witty dialog and hidden jokes that grown ups get. I also like Flapjack, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Those two have some pretty funny episodes. Real good when it's too hot to go outside so you just lounge on the couch drinking iced tea and zoning out.