Long Time Hookah Smoker, Newbie Owner.

Purchase the skull Hookah?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I purchase the Skull Hookah?

[font="Georgia"]Hello everyone, greetings from Saint Louis, Missouri! I have been smoking hookah for over a year now. Hookah was introduced to me by my High School Diversity Club teacher, and ever since.... i've been addicted to it.[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]Saint louis has about 3 great Hookah Bars that I regularly attend... I spend about $50.00 on a good weekend with friends ... but then I thought: imagine how much money I could save and... fun I could have with a Hookah at my house 24/7? :) [/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"] I'm originally from Europe, and me buying and having a Hookah shipped to my house FREAKED my parents out; they thought I was on drugs, yada...yada... Anyway, I convinced them and...SUCESS! I can smoke at home ! [/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"] I purchased this hookah at a local Hookah store: [/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"] [img]http://i41.tinypic.com/14afs7d.jpg[/img][/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]I read a lot of forums and comments posted by long time Hookah smokers... and followed their advice. Currently what I do is ... fill the bottom with cold water, put in some ice chips (for thicker smoke?) fill to just about an inch over the pipe.... connect everything... to the base, slightly break apart the tobacco gently sprinkling it into the bowl... cover it with foil, make holes... light cole.... I put two, 1 on each side on the outer bowl...... and ... SMOKE?...[/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]Everything works fine... Only thing I am bummed about is ... when I am at the hookah bar, I take a big hit... and blow out enough smoke to fill up a car and not be able to see anything.... (lotta fun) ... well, mine produces only a decent size amount of smoke.... What am I doing wrong? The tobacco I use is: Black Snow, Exotic 360 pipe tobacco... and I use Three Kings coal.[/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]I know what most of you are thinking... just as owners of Hookah Bars have told me time and time again... it's not all about sucking in so much smoke and blowing out a bunch.... but for me ... i love it, and i'm not getting the thrill i used to get while being at the Hookah bar.[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]Also would love to advice on this hookah; i am looking to purchase it shortly:[/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/e0gab7.jpg[/img]
[/font][font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]LOVE THE DESIGN.[/font]
[/font]
[font="Georgia, arial, sans-serif"]If anyone has any cool Hookahs... i'd love to see before I make this purchase.[/font]

If you're the only one using it, plug the holes in the unused hose ports.

As far as the skull hookah goes, I'm not really a fan of that style. It looks like it should be on the shelf of a head shop. But if YOU like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

unfortunately, i'm unable to see the pics (they're blocked at work)....my first suggestion would be to see if your hookah is air tight....

you probably have enough coal on there to burn the crap out of anything, so smoke production should be ok...even with a badly packed bowl...

check the hookah first and lets see where we can go from there...

the hoses are probably what's killing your clouds. get a wide gauge hose and you should be better off. don't buy the skull hookah. i know it's personal preference, but beyond it looking the way it does, it's just a cheap chinese piece of junk. spend the money now and get a KM. the hookahs at the lounge you use are probably egyptian hookahs with large hoses hence big smoke.

[quote name='antouwan' date='21 April 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1271861502' post='464601']
the hoses are probably what's killing your clouds. get a wide gauge hose and you should be better off. don't buy the skull hookah. i know it's personal preference, but beyond it looking the way it does, it's just a cheap chinese piece of junk. spend the money now and get a KM. the hookahs at the lounge you use are probably egyptian hookahs with large hoses hence big smoke.
[/quote]

What if I get a ... new hose? How much do those usually go for? I'd like to try anything before I buy a new hookah.

What is a KM? Would love to see...

Thanks for the replies guys.... appreciate it.

[url="http://hookahjohn.com/Khalil-Mamoon_c8.htm"]http://hookahjohn.com/Khalil-Mamoon_c8.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-522-khalil-mamoon-hookahs.html"]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-522-khalil-mamoon-hookahs.html[/url]

Here are some links to KMs. My advice is to just keep practicing and experimenting, the clouds will come soon enough. Aesthetically I don't care for the skull hookah and really doubt it would smoke very well but if you like it then its your choice, just be aware that it won't be the best smoking pipe out there.

It may be my imagination but it looks like you have your hoses plugged into the ports backwards.

[quote name='nali' date='21 April 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1271868146' post='464620']
[quote name='antouwan' date='21 April 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1271861502' post='464601']
[/quote]

What if I get a ... new hose? How much do those usually go for? I'd like to try anything before I buy a new hookah.

What is a KM? Would love to see...

Thanks for the replies guys.... appreciate it.
[/quote]

khalil mamoon is what KM stands for there are mnay great vendors on here that carry them. hookahjohn.com, hookah-shisha are just two of them, both are very trusted companies if you do decided to order from them
i have 5 KM's in my house between me and my 2 roomates and we love them to death, even the smaller ones such as the 27" as i remember smokes like a dream.

Thanks for the replies guys

I think i'll be going with this one:

http://hookahjohn.com/KM-Guru-Light-Green-Frost-Gold-stem-310.htm

I really want a Hookah that has good reviews...

pound for pound dollar for dollar you can't lose with a mya QT. cheap,portable and smokes like a champ. With the special adapters you can even make it a two hose pipe.
Ray