Stargate Mini Base

Hey- I have 3 hookahs, one of which is a Stargate Mini, and it is my first one.

I like it a lot but the acrylic base has become stripped, and I was wondering if you guys knew where to find a replacement. Myself and my roommate have emailed the company several times to no avail. I cant find a phone number or anything, so was hoping one of you might have a ace in the hole for me.

which company did you get it from?

I've seen some wholesale catalogs that i belive have replacement bases but i dont know of any vendors open to the public.
Have you tried teflon tape to beef up the threads?

Is the base the one with acrylic and steel? If so Im pretty confident in saying no vendors I know of carry a replacement. If the seal between the acrylic and the steel is what you are talking about you could get something like Acrylic glue and put it nice and clean on the outside. It will keep the base sealed but I wouldn't recommend lifting it from the stem. A friend of mine has one of these and this has happened to his also.

i think there was a post a little while back about something similar. the guys base actually broke, not the stripped threads. either way, i dont think he was able to find one if i remember right. i would try what mush said about the teflon tape. that seems like it'd work

[quote name='Deutsch am Herzen' date='16 April 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1271466567' post='463988']
i think there was a post a little while back about something similar. the guys base actually broke, not the stripped threads. either way, i dont think he was able to find one if i remember right. i would try what mush said about the teflon tape. that seems like it'd work
[/quote]

Pretty sure if I'm thinking of the right guy he ended up buying a threaded vase off MyaSaray.com.