Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

Capt. Morgan

I agree with IncRATM. Go for the PS3.  The Xbox controller is better for shooters, everything PS3 controller is better, imo.  I know you said you didn't care much about online play, but if you did find a game you wanted to play online with, the xbox wireless adapter is like 80 bucks, plus the monthly fee. 

I honestly think the majority of people who bash on PS3 multiplayer online capablities never actually played the PS3 online.  I have played nearly every single shooter game online from co-op to multi-player without a hiccup.  The voice chat works just as well.  The PS3 social interface has come a long way.  

Microsoft is still charging up the ass for replacement hard drives because they are molded into the console, whereas Sony encourages the replacement (hello 500gb HD for 80 bucks).  I personally like the exclusives on the PS3 better having tried what both consoles offer.  Halo fuckin' sucks, lost odyssey was bleh (I liked Demon's Souls better - ps3 exclusive) , gears of war is the same shit over and over, etc.  Forza is cool tho. 

Oh and PS3 has...[img]http://imgur.com/JZgWr.jpg[/img]

and blu-ray to top it off. woot go ps3!

and the ps3 is only getting better. http://kotaku.com/5515755/report-ps3-more-likely-to-be-online-than-360-or-wii

[quote name='Capt. Morgan' date='15 April 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1271391670' post='463868']
Potentially stupid question: Can the PS3 play dvds?
[/quote]

Yes. As can the Xbox 360.

PSTRIPLE FTW anyday. Sony has always made rock solid platforms. Gotta look at the history. Owned em all: Playstation-rock solid first console. Loved it and if I still had it I don't doubt it would still work. PSONE-Also great...and I just had to have that screen with it when it came out. :D PS2-A genuine game changer. They still stock tons of PS2 games at the store that are brand new and selling for $50 bucks. Now with my PS2 however it did at one point stop reading discs...as well as my slim. However those two he reg and slim were such easy fixes that is was hardly a bother...and by the time it broke they were so cheap! Usually all it needed was a good cleaning, laser adjustment and/or cleaning or disc drive or laser replacement. Had no other problems. PS3 is now there latest and greatest obviously. I know some people who have got the so called yellow light of death and have had to send it in. But mine has never done that. I think in the long run PS3 will be much cheaper. Xbox has so much stupid shit on it you have to pay for it's not funny. Most stuff if you lose on the ps3 you can get anywhere easily and is more universal. The 360 however if you lose the power supply...gotta get a new one. Lose the charger cord or don't have one, gotta get one. Online gaming costs and don't even get me started on the RRoD. It's such a pain in the ass to fix those damn problems. They happen way to often and its just a piece. PS3 is even easier to mess around with and open than it.

You'll be much better off owning a PS3 with all its great features without the high costs and stupid accessories. Don't get me wrong though 360 just has some of those must-have games. I'm a sucker for the 360 like everyone else due to the different games/features. So nope..not a sony fanboy.

Guest Cheng
[img]http://gamesareevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/gearsofwarps3nq2.jpg[/img]

Lolz. Xbox 360 hands down. Above mentions that the PS3 controller feel wired, which is true, the two thumb pads are too close and in the wrong position.
Also the graphics on xbox is has more contrast, on the PS3 its more lighter coloured.

I was reading the other day that Epic didnt want to make GOW 3 on the current xbox, they wanted to wait for the next gen system, so why are they realising GOW3 on the 360???
I want the next gen systems, it will be epic!

I own both the PS3 and 360. I am trying to get rid of the PS3 because it has been collecting dust. I just enjoy playing the 360 a lot more for some reason. Performance wise I would say they are both right about tied, and the graphics mainly depend on what game your playing. But Gears of War 3 is coming out next year!

Lol, Blackfish, I was adding the fanboy attitude on purpose to play around... Sorry if it seemed real. I'm not one of those Sony fanboys who'll tell you your 360 sucks.

Honestly I'm more about the PS3 but I've played my friends' 360s and they're not bad. It's just that PS3 suits me better. Offers more of what I use.

Play games like Drake's Fortune Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 and you will realize why PS3 is better than 360.  Most games don't even take advantage of the PS3's and use it to its full potential.  

[quote name='Click' date='18 April 2010 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1271580427' post='464134']
Play games like Drake's Fortune Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 and you will realize why PS3 is better than 360. Most games don't even take advantage of the PS3's and use it to its full potential.
[/quote]

Exactly. The 360 has already reached it's full potential, whereas the PS3 has not. Or so I've heard....

We will have to see whats up in the future with both consoles, like i said i dont plan to buy another one as i sold both and am going with PC until the next round of them arise.

And Inc its sall good lol... i just like to try and keep things neutral (if youll note all my posts mention +'s and minuses for both consoles), that is aside from exclusives lol

• 2 weeks later...
I own all three systems (advantage age) heres how I see it
PS3 most powerful system you will own.great graphics,browses internet,huge online community,good games,blu-ray,and they have only unlocked 1/3 of its processing potential.So bigger and better to come
xbox 360 Good solid system.most of my friends have xbox so I play it more than the ps3 but only because of them.The 2 games I play the most alone are also exclusive, left 4 dead 1&2.zombies rock.I also have this connected to my main Tv not the "gamer tv" so we stream netflixs through it (but ps3 has that now too).
Wii is a toy.a fun toy, but a toy.it will never be what the other two systems are.
To sum up PS3 is better,xbox360 gets used more and wii is dusty.even my 17 yr old is board with it.
Ray

I own all current gen consoles, including the handhelds. and my ps3 gets the most action. Online play is free, which is a big plus in my books. Bluray player is sweet, controller is perfect imo and the games are pretty epic

My favourite game series ever is ps exclusive pretty much and so you must buy a ps3 for this game...

Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

Also as mentioned, GoW3, uncharted 1 and 2, Gran Turismo, Killzone 2 (couldnt get to grips with if after playing cod to be honest)

And make sure to get Rock Band: The Beatles and play the drums...it is WAY too much fun! and im pretty good at them too :P

• 2 weeks later...
I also have both the PS3 and the 360. I find myself playing 90% on the 360 since most of my friends have 360. My PS3 is used for playing PS3 specific games like Uncharted 2 and the God of War series, and watching DVDs and Blu-Ray. If a game is multi-platform, I'll buy it for the 360.

• 2 weeks later...
well, i've been considering getting a new XBox 360 to replace my loud one....as well as getting a PS3 Slim (just to have). I bought the XBox 360 first and while, it is definitely quieter....I've come to realize why it never got used. I don't like any of the games available (only played demos). It seems that XBox 360 has tons of shooters, but not much left for other genres. I'm in the group of people that feel shooters should be played with a KB and Mouse....so, minus all the shooters...there's not much else left for me on XBox 360.

The only game I've been looking forward to playing is the God of War series....so, though I think the front end of the XBox 360 is ultimately better....it just seems the PS3 suits my needs more. Plus, I don't have to pay (again) for Netflix streaming. yay!

ah well, time for a refund and going to trade in the old XBox 360 and PS3 for a PS3 Slim.

eh...it's almost 1am and thought i'd chime in... Edited by Arcane

[quote name='Capt. Morgan' date='13 April 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1271204658' post='463495']
I've had a 360 for a few years now and it finally red ringed. Warranty is gone on it so I'd have to pay to get it fixed. Been considering getting a PS3 instead. Any thoughts, opinions, or arguments or/against? I'd like to keep fanboy-ism to a minimum.
[/quote]

Get a 360, in the long run its a better product

[quote name='abeezstg' date='25 May 2010 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1274791306' post='469401']
[quote name='Capt. Morgan' date='13 April 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1271204658' post='463495']
I've had a 360 for a few years now and it finally red ringed. Warranty is gone on it so I'd have to pay to get it fixed. Been considering getting a PS3 instead. Any thoughts, opinions, or arguments or/against? I'd like to keep fanboy-ism to a minimum.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What makes you say that?

[quote name='abeezstg' date='25 May 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1274791306' post='469401']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no bias in this matter as I own all three systems, that being said:
technologically the ps3 is a much more powerful machine.
It has a processor so powerful they have not released its full functionality yet, because there are no games being design that need that much power. It also has blu-ray which is definitely the direction video is going. Lastly it is more internet interactive. with web surfing,home,folding,and free online game play.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='25 May 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1274798449' post='469422']
[quote name='abeezstg' date='25 May 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1274791306' post='469401']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no bias in this matter as I own all three systems, that being said:
technologically the ps3 is a much more powerful machine.
It has a processor so powerful they have not released its full functionality yet, because there are no games being design that need that much power. It also has blu-ray which is definitely the direction video is going. Lastly it is more internet interactive. with web surfing,home,folding,and free online game play.
Ray
[/quote]

You hit all the major points I was thinking of when I asked him why he said that. :lol:

PS3 may soon be charging for certain online features now....there's goes that advantage over XBox 360...

not sure that can be used as an "advantage" XBox 360 now...

i bought my 360 from my bestie over 2 years ago and i'm getting ready to sell it and buy a ps3. somehow the hard drive shit itself and i lost all my info. when i tried to recover my gamertag they made me run around in circles and i got no where. i decided with all my junk i can get between 175-225 for it towards a ps3. but i was recently informed ps3 may soon charge for online. big no no sony.

• 1 year later...
I have had every next gen system and I feel that the xbox 360 is far superior. It is easier to talk with friends while playing games that they arent even playing. FPS's are much more fun and easy to play, and the online service has and always will be more reliable. Besides those facts we have games like Gears of War and unfortunately we have Halo but over all the xbox is way better for hard core gamers and people who want to connect with friends and enjoy movies or music. Where as the PS3 has the only draws of their exclusives and blu-ray playing capabilities.

I've used 360 since 2007, and only got a PS3 in May. They're close, but I'd say PS3 is the way to go.

I've had all of the next-gen systems and they all have their merits. I've been using my PS3 a lot lately simply because of the [url="http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/"]PS3 Media Server[/url]. Seriously, I have never had such a pleasant experience streaming movies/tv shows from my computer to my tv, and I've tried everything. It is simply the best option out there right now for media server streaming.