Canadian Shisha Smoker?

Hi hookah friends:

I have been searching online for quite sometimes now trying to look for a online vendor that gives Canadian buyer the best deal.

For those of you who might not know, any importing tobacco can be charge $300/KG door tax when delivery. If I do the math right, that is $30/100g which is more expensive than any brand of shisha that you can find in the market. (even starbuzz is only 1/3 of that tax)

Moreover, many free shipping deal is only valid to US customers. For example, one place might offer $10 for 100g (starbuzz), but shipping will be 30.00 even for only 2 cans of 100g. That add to $50 and the larger the order the more likely I will be tax on the tobacco, so I am limited to ordering 200g or less at a time :(

IF you are in a smoker from Canada and know where to get cheaper shisha please let me know.

Thanks a ton! Edited by delSol_si
banned vendor

Hey guys, I found out that hookahjohn.com actually have the cheapest shipping among all the different vendors.

400g of shisha for example, his shipping is $ 10.75- 12 (to Canada)

I can't not find any others vendors that will ship up to canada at this rate.

and I did the math, the cost saving from hookahjohn will let you buy 1 more tin of tobacco for about the same price over all.

My order was: 4X 100g starbuzz from HookahJohn @ 12.50 each - 10% off using a coupon code + 10.75 shipping = 55.95 for 400g

Hookah-shisha: 3X 100g of starbuzz at 10.75 - 15% off + app. $32 shipping = 52.67 for 300g of shisha

There you go CANADIANS .

* It would be stupid and naive if this post is ban cause I mention other vendors. Edited by delSol_si

HJ has been doing shipping to canada for a while now. dont get your hopes up so fast because many packages are being inspected in customs now, i ordered from john for a year with no problems but my last order from was opened and taxed (it was under $30 taxes and i had about 2 kilos of shisha). the same happened to another member too but he was taxed like $200 lol. many agents dont know how to tax it properly so theres a large variance in the amount you will be taxed.

also, if they do inspect the boxes and find contents like tobacco or something other than what is in the description and it happens a few times they might blacklist the exporter so that all packages he sends into the country are automatically inspected. if unfortunately that is the case with john, all the packages he sends will now be inspected and taxed.

all good things come to an end eventually...

the flat rate shipping doesn't apply to international....you can place the order, however expect a call from John telling you how much extra shipping will be. Edited by delSol_si

[quote name='Arcane' date='13 April 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1271191931' post='463468']
the flat rate shipping doesn't apply to international....you can place the order, however expect a call from John telling you how much extra shipping will be.
[/quote]

this is very true, i didnt notice that in your first post. international shipping from john usually has a minimum flat rate of $30 dollars. thats why most people dont usually make small intentional orders.

[quote name='wesclrg' date='13 April 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1271191403' post='463467']
HJ has been doing shipping to canada for a while now. dont get your hopes up so fast because many packages are being inspected in customs now, i ordered from john for a year with no problems but my last order from was opened and taxed (it was under $30 taxes and i had about 2 kilos of shisha). the same happened to another member too but he was taxed like $200 lol. many agents dont know how to tax it properly so theres a large variance in the amount you will be taxed.

also, if they do inspect the boxes and find contents like tobacco or something other than what is in the description and it happens a few times they might blacklist the exporter so that all packages he sends into the country are automatically inspected. if unfortunately that is the case with john, all the packages he sends will now be inspected and taxed.

all good things come to an end eventually...
[/quote]

Yes. My HJ order was taxed to death. It cost me about $33 for each 250g AF DA. I paid about $90 for 6 boxes with shipping. Customs charged me $110.

[quote name='SmokinMoose' date='16 April 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1271384866' post='463851']
Use southsmoke.com

I have been using them for years and have not had any problems.

Plus you need to be cautious of the amount you order. I usually order 5 250g boxes at a time.
[/quote]

I had two orders from SouthSmoke caught by customs. I moved to a new address since then, I will try to ship something in the next little while.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='SmokinMoose' date='03 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1275619890' post='470581']
My latest order from southsmoke just got taxed 93 bucks for 5 250g box of tobacco.
[/quote]

that sucks because now its not worth it, 93 dollars plus what you already paid for can easily buy you 5 250 gram boxes of AF or Nakhla locally (unfortunately i havent found a place that sells mizo locally).

all the orders i have made from hookahset.com have gone undetected so far. my last order from them had over 2kg of tobacco plus coals.

my last order from HJ was taxed only ~$30 and i had about 2kgs in there too along with coals. my latest order from him has been stuck in customs sinice april 8, so chances are im not even going to end up getting it.

[quote name='wesclrg' date='05 June 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1275763910' post='470751']
that sucks because now its not worth it, 93 dollars plus what you already paid for can easily buy you 5 250 gram boxes of AF or Nakhla locally (unfortunately i havent found a place that sells mizo locally).
[/quote]

you might end up paying approximately the same price as local but you will have a MUCH better selection when ordering online.

[quote name='taxx' date='06 June 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1275860663' post='470875']
Chinamon, we are around the same area, can you gimmie some good places to buy shisha from?
[/quote]

i usually order from hookahjohn.com
i never buy locally because i dont like the selection.

[quote name='chinamon' date='07 June 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1275889097' post='470931']
[quote name='taxx' date='06 June 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1275860663' post='470875']
Chinamon, we are around the same area, can you gimmie some good places to buy shisha from?
[/quote]

[/quote]

where did you look for shisha locally? if youre looking for af and nakhla theyve got everything, sometimes just gotta go to the supplier and tell them what to get. its more expensive, but in the case where this guy got taxed it would have been cheaper.

i too order from hookah john and hookah set, relatively problem free.

[quote name='wesclrg' date='07 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1275913339' post='470941']
[quote name='chinamon' date='07 June 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1275889097' post='470931']
[/quote]

[/quote]

where did you look for shisha locally? if youre looking for af and nakhla theyve got everything, sometimes just gotta go to the supplier and tell them what to get. its more expensive, but in the case where this guy got taxed it would have been cheaper.

i too order from hookah john and hookah set, relatively problem free.
[/quote]

if i MUST look for tobacco locally then i just go on yonge street (near steeles) to the many persian stores but i havent done that in years.