Quotes To Live By....

Stuie

Happiness only true when shared

Two years he walks the earth.
No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.

Two years he walks the earth.
No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.

"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

"I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth."

— Christopher Mccandless A.K.A Alexander Supertramp

(if you dont know who he is you must learn. This man has inspired my life completely. If you have to ask me about him)

If ignorance is bliss and patience is a virtue, you'll have a good life if your dumb enough to wait.

Remember it’s not what you know, it’s not even who you know, it’s how you USE what you know and who you know. One step further, it’s not who you know, it’s who knows YOU

Faith is the quality that enables you to eat blackberry jam on a picnic without looking to see whether the seeds move.

Playing a pipe organ is kind of like
having sex with an octopus,
except it sounds far better,
its not an abomination of nature and
you probably won't get anything bitten off.
-- HellPope Huey Edited by noodle

don't just try to survive through life. no one gets out alive

[font=sans-serif][size=2][i]I think a life for music is a life beautifully spent, and that's what I have dedicated mine to.[/i][/size][/font]
[font="sans-serif"][size="3"][size=2]the second one was my senior quote by the late luciano pavarotti. i miss him.[/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='Cp44' timestamp='1287759293' post='485919']
Find something that you'll love to do, find a way to make money out of it and you'll never work a day in your life
[/quote]
I worked for years in a Wilderness camp for youth at risk as a counselor, i used to tell the kids that this was one of the "secrets" of life

• 2 weeks later...
[size="4"]From the Bloukrans bungy jump;
[size="4"]Fear is [b]temporary.[/b]
Regret is [b]for ever.[/b][/size][/size]
[size="4"]General George S. Patton Jr.
"The object of war is not to die for your country; it's to make the other poor bastard die for his".

Unknown
"When a push becomes a shove hit that fucker as hard as you can! So hard he wont be able to hit back!".
[/size]

[quote name='OddBall' timestamp='1288893335' post='487273']
[size="4"]From the Bloukrans bungy jump;
[size="4"]Fear is [b]temporary.[/b]
Regret is [b]for ever.[/b][/size][/size]
[size="4"]General George S. Patton Jr.
"The object of war is not to die for your country; it's to make the other poor bastard die for his".

Unknown
"When a push becomes a shove hit that fucker as hard as you can! So hard he wont be able to hit back!".
[/size]
[/quote]

I just remembered this bit from an SAS book I read. It was about the Iranian Embassy siege;

"One guy managed to act like a hostage until we had them all outside. We realised who he was and started to drag him back inside to finish the job but a woman grabbed him and started crying saying he had been kind to them. There were news crews there so we couldn't make a scene so we arrested him. Later someone said it would have been a savage thing to do. I don't think so. Savage implies a level of hatred. I didn't hate him. I felt sorry for him. He was about to die and I was the one with the machine-gun".
SAS soldier.

• 2 weeks later...