Quotes To Live By....

Stuie

Threw in an old comp I made in the car today and listened to it. Had a little audio quote randomly inserted in there. And thought that is a great quote. A quote to live by. So here it is and post your quotes that you live by funny or serious.

My advice is: stand firm for what you believe in until, and unless, logic and experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort-of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza.

- Daria Morgendorffer

[size="2"]-Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
[/size][size="2"]-Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.
[/size][size="2"]-I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
[/size][size="2"]-It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
[/size][size="2"]-Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache.
[/size][size="2"]-You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Basically anything by Mae West

Mary got pregnant from a kid named Tom who said he was in love
He said don't worry about a thing baby doll I'm the man you've been dreamin' of
But three months later he said he won't date her or return her call
And she sweared god damn if I find that man I'm cuttin' off his balls
And then she heads for the clinic and she gets some static walkin' through the doors
They call her a killer, and they call her a sinner, and they call her a whore

God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in her shoes
'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to choose

And almost anything by Whitey Ford[/size] Edited by bellydancerakn

[color="#4B0082"][size=5]A well behaved woman never made history.[/size][/color]

(Haven't a clue who originally coined it, but I love it!)

'Rani

[b][color=#808080] [/color]it's not the years of your life that count, it's the life in your years that makes all the difference.[/b]

and

get money fuck bitches

[quote name='Rani' date='08 April 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1270795160' post='462799']
[color="#4b0082"][size="5"]A well behaved woman never made history.[/size][/color]

'Rani
[/quote]

Mae West, I think you'd like her

Never let someone be your priority, who makes you an option to them. - unknown

The richest man ever is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live. - MLKJ himself.

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='09 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1270800331' post='462806']
[quote name='Rani' date='08 April 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1270795160' post='462799']
[color="#4b0082"][size="5"]A well behaved woman never made history.[/size][/color]

'Rani
[/quote]

Mae West, I think you'd like her
[/quote]

I',m a huge Mae West fan! I just never knew she was responsible for this one!

'Rani

“You have the freedom to choose your actions, you don't have the freedom to choose the consequences of your actions” I do not remember who said this.

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” -Benjamin Franklin

“We have a natural right to make use of our pens as of our tongues, at our peril, risk and hazard.”- Voltaire

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” - Thomas Jefferson

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. " - George Washington

the following quotes are from a collection I have gathered over the years while searching for my own meaning in life some come from people who have inspired me face to face while others come simply from what I know to be the truth within my heart. All are a part of my soul.

"dont just do unto others as you would have them do on to you, but rather do unto others as you would have them do unto the ones you love."

"Life is one of the few gifts you get for free"

" do what you will as long as you harm no one but yourself, and try to avoid that if you can."

"A man who spends all his time gathering the shiny things in life ignores the brightest thing of all, his family."

"wisdom dose not come with age. but rather the ability to speak the truth"

"dieing as an honest man is far better then living a lie."

"doing the right thing is not a reward in its self, one should not expect a reward for doing the right thing they should simply do it because it is the right thing to do."

"if you have $5 to your name then you have enough share with the man who has nothing to his."

"family is not defined by there blood but by there actions."

"one should not make friends, but rather make family."

"Strangers are simply family members you have yet to meet."

"Don't live life one day at a time. live it by one good deed at a time."

"If you have lived a good life then you will never need to ask for help for your kindness will have been enough to receive it"

"respect should be given freely only disrespect should be earned."

"trust is like a knife it can cut you but it can also save your life."

Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about. - Benjamin Franklin

Applause waits on success. - Benjamin Franklin

Mistakes show us what we need to learn.~ Peter McWilliams

Only three things in life are certain: Death, Taxes, and motherfucking Tetris - Me

"...That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; ... Until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will; Until all [Africans] stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven; Until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We [Africans] will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil. " - Hale Selassie I

"[Racism in America] is real; it is powerful; and to simply wish it away, to condemn it without understanding its roots, only serves to widen the chasm of misunderstanding that exists between the races." - Obama

"Practice makes perfect. Profession makes practical" - Just Ice Edited by Dr. B

"The only way for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." - Alucard, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why."

"She would of been a good woman, if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

[quote name='Karot' date='10 April 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1270946690' post='462985']
"The only way for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." - Alucard, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
[/quote]

Thats an Edmund Burke quote!
  • Upvote 1

i think my senior quote in high school was something like: "Give me a yard and I'll take a foot, but give me an inch and I'll take a mile". That's an original - fuck the system