Making Your Own Shisha

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any basic recipes for making your own shisha. I really wanna start making my own to save money and I don't want to make junk goods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
We've both searched and not really found anything at all on making your own. I've made my own molasses shisha, but cant get the flavor to take in it. We are living together next year together and want to make our own stuff.

Telling someone to do a search isn't useful at all, so if you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, then just ignore the thread.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Brandon Oakes' date='08 April 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1270789058' post='462789']
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any basic recipes for making your own shisha. I really wanna start making my own to save money and I don't want to make junk goods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

Ingredients

Pipe Tobacco (70 to 80 grams).- I use crap pipe tobacco from CVS. Ten bucks for 8 oz.
Alcohol Extract- 5 bucks a bottle at the store
Molasses- 10 bucks for a big bottle; it'll last months.
Glycerin- 5 bucks for a small bottle

1. Boil the pipe tobacco for 5 minutes on the stove.
2. Air dry or nuke it in the microwave in increments (like one or two minutes at a time).
3. Put a couple of teaspoons of alcohol extract flavoring in the tobacco. I do enough to wet the tobacco lightly.
4. Nuke 1.5 teaspoons of molasses (in the microwave for 20 seconds) until it becomes fluid. Mix it into the tobacco until it is fully mixed.
5. Do the same with 1.5 teaspoons of glycerin. Let it sit for a while or smoke it right then. If you let it sit it tastes better.
6. When you're smoking it, if it doesn't smoke well, add a few drops of glycerin to the amount in the bowl.

Alcohol extract you can find at Shaw's. Glycerin is at any dime store pharmacy (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens). Also, Shaws, Whole Foods too.

flavors I like: Orange, lemon, peppermint, anise(licorice)
Alternative Flavorings: Substitute dried spices like mint, or w/e in the same amount and it will taste pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
wow i am new on here been looking for weeks on some recipes sooooo glad found this lot thanks :-) please keep it up btw got an iolite i use great product

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Shmyeah! shmyeah!' date='14 May 2010 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1273816172' post='468047']
[quote name='Brandon Oakes' date='08 April 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1270789058' post='462789']
[/quote]

Ingredients

Pipe Tobacco (70 to 80 grams).- I use crap pipe tobacco from CVS. Ten bucks for 8 oz.
Alcohol Extract- 5 bucks a bottle at the store
Molasses- 10 bucks for a big bottle; it'll last months.
Glycerin- 5 bucks for a small bottle

1. Boil the pipe tobacco for 5 minutes on the stove.
2. Air dry or nuke it in the microwave in increments (like one or two minutes at a time).
3. Put a couple of teaspoons of alcohol extract flavoring in the tobacco. I do enough to wet the tobacco lightly.
4. Nuke 1.5 teaspoons of molasses (in the microwave for 20 seconds) until it becomes fluid. Mix it into the tobacco until it is fully mixed.
5. Do the same with 1.5 teaspoons of glycerin. Let it sit for a while or smoke it right then. If you let it sit it tastes better.
6. When you're smoking it, if it doesn't smoke well, add a few drops of glycerin to the amount in the bowl.

Alcohol extract you can find at Shaw's. Glycerin is at any dime store pharmacy (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens). Also, Shaws, Whole Foods too.

flavors I like: Orange, lemon, peppermint, anise(licorice)
Alternative Flavorings: Substitute dried spices like mint, or w/e in the same amount and it will taste pretty good.
[/quote]

yeah, it's a great way to make a homemade shisha. i've read a tutorial that's almost the same in a brazilian hookah site.

[quote name='TweakX4' date='21 April 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1271908121' post='464778']
and this
[url="http://www.smokehookah.info/shisha.htm"]http://www.smokehookah.info/shisha.htm[/url]
[/quote]
I wanna try to make the Mint shisha so I'll have a constant supply. I love mint.

• 8 months later...
I just made some shisha yesterday, my first batch in fact. Turned out pretty well.

I used:
1/4 Vanilla pipe tobacco
1/4 Rum pipe tobacco
1/2 Turkish export rolling tobacco
molasses
water

Chop the pipe tobacco slightly finer than it already is, the mix with the rolling tobacco. Add just enough molasses to moisten all of it, then just enough water to make the juices [i]slightly[/i] runny. Let it "marinate" over night.

The only problem I've had is that it doesn't last very long, but it also doesn't scorch easily, it's super tasty, and pretty cheap. I can get two ounces of pipe tobacco for $7, and an ounce of rolling tobacco for $3.

Water suggestions:
Add two shots of absinthe to your water. It's great, trust me!

[quote name='AbdalAzrad' timestamp='1303138732' post='505909']
I just made some shisha yesterday, my first batch in fact. Turned out pretty well.

I used:
1/4 Vanilla pipe tobacco
1/4 Rum pipe tobacco
molasses
water

Chop the pipe tobacco slightly finer than it already is, the mix with the rolling tobacco. Add just enough molasses to moisten all of it, then just enough water to make the juices [i]slightly[/i] runny. Let it "marinate" over night.

The only problem I've had is that it doesn't last very long, but it also doesn't scorch easily, it's super tasty, and pretty cheap. I can get two ounces of pipe tobacco for $7, and an ounce of rolling tobacco for $3.

Water suggestions:
[/quote]

Addendum: I was trying to do it without glycerin, but it might be a good idea. If anyone can give me a goo substitute, though, I would be very thankful.

[quote name='AbdalAzrad' timestamp='1303138732' post='505909']

I used:
1/4 Vanilla pipe tobacco
1/4 Rum pipe tobacco
molasses
water

Water suggestions:
[/quote]

Addendum: I was trying to do it without glycerin, but it might be a good idea. If anyone can give me a goo substitute, though, I would be very thankful.

For flavoring I would use this; High heat tolerance and no, they have no vegetable oil. Scroll down and look at the flavors... [url="https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors.aspx"]https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors.aspx[/url]