Alternative Stem Choices

Jerry

Thinking about putting together my first hookah instead of purchasing one, are there any good alternatives to just a straight pipes to use as stems? Is it even a good idea (i.e. curves and angles in the pipes affecting the draw).

thanks in advance.

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/14563-diy-metal-safety/
That should help . And look at the steampunk hookah thread thats a really nice hookah . If i had money i would invest to make one .

[quote name='Jerry' date='07 April 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1270674843' post='462483']
Thinking about putting together my first hookah instead of purchasing one, are there any good alternatives to just a straight pipes to use as stems? Is it even a good idea (i.e. curves and angles in the pipes affecting the draw).

thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Well the curves don't really affect a hose so I doubt it would mess up a pipe's draw. The only thing to take into consideration is that the curves and such still fit into the base's opening if it is fairly small like most premade hookahs. However if you are making your own then it shouldn't be hard to get a nice container with larger mouth.

• 5 weeks later...
i made a hookah out of pipe fittings last summer, and have a few right angle bends where the hose attaches to the stem. i never noticed significant difficulty getting a good pull. but of course no sharp angles would be the ideal thing to go for.