• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1295392947' post='494902']
What alloy are you using?
[/quote]

Most of my castings are done with an alloy close to A356

Crappy weather tonight. Didn't get to make any, but my prototype polished up fairly well with just a little bit of work

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/LtJerryRigg/186749149_photobucket_30878_.jpg?t=1295423047[/img]

Hoping tonight will have better weather.

-Rocket

Those bowls look awesome! I took a chunk out of my mini (it still works but is ugly) and would love to replace it with one of these that is going to be more resilient to my stupidity. I have a small too but I feel like I waste so much shisha with it. I'm happy to test one out and am happy to cover shipping or something.

Not the new design. I used to have access to a shop (and thusly lathe) where I worked, they closed and now I've had to collect my own tools. I'm working out of an 8x12 shed, I really need a shop.

The new design is made to be easy to for me to cast, and can be finished to an acceptable brushed finish/mild polish by chucking it in the drill press.

I want one too!

[quote name='Rocketman' timestamp='1295562736' post='495145']
Im trying to make them as inexpensive as possible. The less finishing / machining I have to do the cheaper they'll be. Im aiming for ~$20 or less right now.
[/quote]

$20 or less? You're kidding, wow. I could actually afford that.

[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1295670867' post='495291']
just wondering how much one of the taller ones like in your first pic would be.i really like the look of that one more than the shorter one.
[/quote]

I have to find access to a metal lathe for the big one like on the first page, due to the shape it has to be cast on its side and then machined out afterwards. Ill see what I can do for you, but I can't say it will be cheap like the others. That one has over 6 hours time into it.

Beta hasn't started yet, im out visiting a friend in Pittsburgh this weekend as soon as I get back ill be making some up for testing.

Thanks for everyones interest -
Rocketman

• 7 months later...