Alcohol As A Base Liquid

Ok so I'm thinking about having a mini camping trip up at The Cabin with a few cousins in a week or so. By then my hookah should be in. Now I've heard of using alcohol as a base liquid. So I don't think you would use only alcohol, cause that would be a waste. But I have some Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Berry. Now how much of these should I mix with say water or juice as liquid for a QT base? Also, do you get drunk? And how drunk? I don't want to get abosolutely wasted, but buzzed or tipsy is good. And when should I stop smoking so I don't get wasted?

Or should I just drink the smirnoff and mike's and use water as a base liquid?

Thanks for your help!!!! Edited by bellydancerakn

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='24 March 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1269486120' post='459423']
Ok so I'm thinking about having a mini camping trip up at The Cabin with a few cousins in a week or so. By then my hookah should be in. Now I've heard of using alcohol as a base liquid. So I don't think you would use only alcohol, cause that would be a waste. But I have some Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Berry. Now how much of these should I mix with say water or juice as liquid for a QT base? Also, do you get drunk? And how drunk? I don't want to get abosolutely wasted, but buzzed or tipsy is good. And when should I stop smoking so I don't get wasted?

Or should I just drink the smirnoff and mike's and use water as a base liquid?

Thanks for your help!!!!
[/quote]

Just use water.

Wont get you drunk, but I did use rum with af watermelon one time, it added some flavor, but I'd just stick to water. Best thing I found to add flavor is kool aid packets in the base. 1-2 should do the trick

i love putting alcohol in my vase, but I always use the KM, which is a much bigger vase. If i am using wine, i normally go 100%. If i am using liquor, i just pour whatever looks good without wasting too much. i think i normally put like 2 inches worth in. all depends on what kind of alcohol, how expensive it was, and how much i have left. i think my normal approach is designate how much i want, and then pour the rest in the vase. But remember, this is on a KM, not a QT.

As far as getting drunk, you won't. From my experience, you will get buzzed faster and harder, but you won't actually get drunk, or at least i didn't feel drunk at all. It does taste better though :)

walt has a lot of good input on this topic, hopefully he will chime in.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='24 March 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1269486952' post='459429']
i love putting alcohol in my vase, but I always use the KM, which is a much bigger vase. If i am using wine, i normally go 100%. If i am using liquor, i just pour whatever looks good without wasting too much. i think i normally put like 2 inches worth in. all depends on what kind of alcohol, how expensive it was, and how much i have left. i think my normal approach is designate how much i want, and then pour the rest in the vase. But remember, this is on a KM, not a QT.

As far as getting drunk, you won't. From my experience, you will get buzzed faster and harder, but you won't actually get drunk, or at least i didn't feel drunk at all. It does taste better though [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

walt has a lot of good input on this topic, hopefully he will chime in.
[/quote]

Well I love the nicotine buzz so thats okay! So it does improve taste? Like say a smirnoff iced berry and water with AF strawberry or AF cherry?

[quote name='SuburbanSmoker' date='24 March 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1269487744' post='459434']
it actually will get you drunk. you wont feel your typical drunk. but you can notice it and if you get breathalized it will show up. i usually use 1:1 vodka or 1:3 rum
[/quote]

Really? that i havent heard of

[quote name='SuburbanSmoker' date='24 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1269488720' post='459441']
guy i used to smoke with alot, who was also involved in this forum had a breathalizer and used to play with it while smoking with alcohol in the base seeing who could blow the highest number.
[/quote]

Ok so you do get drunk, it just doesn't feel like your drunk? And how long does it take usually, is it pretty quick or does it take a while before your blood alcohol level gets up there?

[quote name='SuburbanSmoker' date='24 March 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1269488720' post='459441']
guy i used to smoke with alot, who was also involved in this forum had a breathalizer and used to play with it while smoking with alcohol in the base seeing who could blow the highest number.
[/quote]

I'm curious to the highest you blew and how long you were smoking

Wine is the only alcohol I've used willingly. For taste, with a raspberry/grape mix. Unless you doing it for flavor matching/mixes, I don't really see the point. Just a personal opinion.

My friend put everclear in my base as a [b]practical joke[/b] once. That should answer your question. Lol.

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='24 March 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1269486120' post='459423']
Or should I just [b]drink the smirnoff and mike's and use water as a base liquid[/b]?
[/quote]
we have a winner!!

I tried this once with a couple of shots of vodka. Never again.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't enjoy inhaling alcohol fumes. It just doesn't feel right. It kind of reminds me of sitting next to my gf on the couch while she paints her damn nails. I don't know how you do it, delSol.

I never felt anything off alcohol in the base other than sick and from the fumes.

The way I see it, you wouldn't think about drinking your shisha, so why smoke your alcohol?

Tbh, I tried it with vodka, it's not excactly buzz.... all you feel is a slight burn in your throat (much like you get when drinking tequila), and a tad tipsy because of the vodka fumes.
I'd suggest that you restrict vodka to drinking glasses :P - Water & ice in the vase.

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Century Gothic"][size="3"]If you want to get a crazy buzz and sit on the couch for a while till you get things straight then try to put some Sambuca (in italian), Araq (in arabic), Ouzo (in Greek). Let me know if you do!
[/size][/font]