Hookah Hangover?

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='17 April 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1271491878' post='464047']
[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='22 March 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1269319279' post='458987']
[quote name='joytron' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296646' post='458883']
.what qls did you use?

were they fully lit prior to being placed on the bowl?
[/quote]

They were fully lit. And I have no idea the brand. The packaging was papery and faded, it was red and gold and in arabic.

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296692' post='458885']
It depends for me...sometimes I can have a full stomach and have been well hydrated for the day and still feel like shit. Some of those symptoms could come from CO poisoning but that should have went away relatively quickly once up and moving around. As far as having too much nicotine in your system it was HH and a 45 min smoke so thats out. I would say you may have been a bit dehydrated, although you think you are hydrated due to a recent glass of water or something the smoke just may have dried you out more than normal. I also find to get massive headaches and stomach aches when I smoke in hot enclosed rooms. After the cabin if you went running your body may just have been reacting to a lack of oxygen...kind of like smoking a cig and running at the same time lol...

my .02
[/quote]

Well I don't smoke indoors, my parents won't let me (understandably) and all my friends rent non smoking homes, so all the times I have smoked hookah has been outdoors on either a porch or a picnick bench.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1269297227' post='458895']
Am I the only one that wants to know why you ran away in terror from the cabin the last time? Lmao...
[/quote]

Ahh thats a long long story. So if you read my thread about cool smoking places you'll know that I found a Cabin in the woods. Well, it was built in the 20s and is very old and rickety (I mean the windows and doorways are all slanted and crooked, hell the indoor plumbing wasn't added untill quite a few years later, as the outhouse is still there and kept up). To be straight it looks like something right out of a slasher film like chainsaw masacre or friday the 13th. So after smoking enough hookah and drinking enough smirnoff's we... well I got enough balls to go explore it. So we did. in the bedroom there is a crack in the wall that looks like a closet. So the sunlight was streaming through and to our hookah hazed and semi-drunken minds it looked like the entire rickety old cabin was dark EXCEPT that there was a light on it the closet. So we ran SCREAMING out of there and in the process of closing the door behind us the door fell off it's hinges which made us scream louder and run faster.

Now the creppy thing is, when I finally went back there with tools in hand to fix the door. It was already fixed AND there was a light turned on it the kitchen. But noone was there. Now that is why we ran away screaming in terror. I love The Cabin.
[/quote]

So you go back to this place regularly even though someone obviously owns it and fixes what you mess up? And randomly leaves lights on? And they don't ever lock it up? And it's out in the middle of the woods all creepy like?

Yeah, for a chick you do have balls...
[/quote]

There is a note on the table in the cabin that says this cabin has been in our family since 1924, you are welcome to use it just do not vandalize or else we will find you. DNA on cigarette butss is very useful.
At least that is the gist of the note.
Also, it is pretty hidden but you can see it easily if you happen to look that direction and its pretty easy to get to, So I'm sure others have found it and use it.
And yes I have giant hairy balls, esspecially when I drink enough smirnoffs then they get positivly gigantic. Seriously, it gets hard to walk!

Oh god I'm going to regret this post in the morning. lol

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='17 April 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1271492733' post='464049']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='17 April 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1271491878' post='464047']
[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='22 March 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1269319279' post='458987']
[quote name='joytron' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296646' post='458883']
.what qls did you use?

were they fully lit prior to being placed on the bowl?
[/quote]

They were fully lit. And I have no idea the brand. The packaging was papery and faded, it was red and gold and in arabic.

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296692' post='458885']
It depends for me...sometimes I can have a full stomach and have been well hydrated for the day and still feel like shit. Some of those symptoms could come from CO poisoning but that should have went away relatively quickly once up and moving around. As far as having too much nicotine in your system it was HH and a 45 min smoke so thats out. I would say you may have been a bit dehydrated, although you think you are hydrated due to a recent glass of water or something the smoke just may have dried you out more than normal. I also find to get massive headaches and stomach aches when I smoke in hot enclosed rooms. After the cabin if you went running your body may just have been reacting to a lack of oxygen...kind of like smoking a cig and running at the same time lol...

my .02
[/quote]

Well I don't smoke indoors, my parents won't let me (understandably) and all my friends rent non smoking homes, so all the times I have smoked hookah has been outdoors on either a porch or a picnick bench.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1269297227' post='458895']
Am I the only one that wants to know why you ran away in terror from the cabin the last time? Lmao...
[/quote]

Ahh thats a long long story. So if you read my thread about cool smoking places you'll know that I found a Cabin in the woods. Well, it was built in the 20s and is very old and rickety (I mean the windows and doorways are all slanted and crooked, hell the indoor plumbing wasn't added untill quite a few years later, as the outhouse is still there and kept up). To be straight it looks like something right out of a slasher film like chainsaw masacre or friday the 13th. So after smoking enough hookah and drinking enough smirnoff's we... well I got enough balls to go explore it. So we did. in the bedroom there is a crack in the wall that looks like a closet. So the sunlight was streaming through and to our hookah hazed and semi-drunken minds it looked like the entire rickety old cabin was dark EXCEPT that there was a light on it the closet. So we ran SCREAMING out of there and in the process of closing the door behind us the door fell off it's hinges which made us scream louder and run faster.

Now the creppy thing is, when I finally went back there with tools in hand to fix the door. It was already fixed AND there was a light turned on it the kitchen. But noone was there. Now that is why we ran away screaming in terror. I love The Cabin.
[/quote]

So you go back to this place regularly even though someone obviously owns it and fixes what you mess up? And randomly leaves lights on? And they don't ever lock it up? And it's out in the middle of the woods all creepy like?

Yeah, for a chick you do have balls...
[/quote]

There is a note on the table in the cabin that says this cabin has been in our family since 1924, you are welcome to use it just do not vandalize or else we will find you. DNA on cigarette butss is very useful.
At least that is the gist of the note.
Also, it is pretty hidden but you can see it easily if you happen to look that direction and its pretty easy to get to, So I'm sure others have found it and use it.
And yes I have giant hairy balls, esspecially when I drink enough smirnoffs then they get positivly gigantic. Seriously, it gets hard to walk!

Oh god I'm going to regret this post in the morning. lol
[/quote]

I should sig that so u can never live it down....but im not gonna haha ur lucky this time

and yea, thats a strange situation with the note and everything

[quote name='fineout' date='17 April 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1271532889' post='464079']
i wanna see pics of this said cabin, it sounds interesting
[/quote]

Oh I'm trying to figure out a way of stea-*Ahem*borrowing my cousins camera. This might be difficult, because I cannot flirt and wear a low cut shirt for obvious reasons.
Just kidding (Sorta), I'll probably just ask him nicely and he'll give it.

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='17 April 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1271561486' post='464119']
[quote name='fineout' date='17 April 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1271532889' post='464079']
[/quote]

Oh I'm trying to figure out a way of stea-*Ahem*borrowing my cousins camera. This might be difficult, because I cannot flirt and wear a low cut shirt for obvious reasons.
[/quote]

Wait, you flirt with your cousin?

*steps out of thread*

But seriously, let's see this cabin...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='18 April 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1271576637' post='464128']
[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='17 April 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1271561486' post='464119']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait, you flirt with your cousin?

*steps out of thread*

But seriously, let's see this cabin...
[/quote]

No I said it will be difficult to get the camera because I CANNOT flirt with my cousin. If it was andrew or TJ, basically a male not related to me, I'd just wear a push up bra and low cut shirt and ask him nicely. These puppies do come in handy sometimes, even if i have constant backpain. Edited by bellydancerakn

Rather lovely lol...

Yeah "The Cabin" is a must see now..

And ive had a HH before when i first started smoking.

Well in the great states of NY and Tn and a bunch of others you can marry your first cousin SO tart up and get those pics.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='18 April 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1271635077' post='464183']
Well in the great states of NY and Tn and a bunch of others you can marry your first cousin SO tart up and get those pics.
Ray
[/quote]

LOL thank god I don't live there. And I will I will, he's getting back from cali in a couple of days at which point i will get his camera.

[font="Century Gothic"][size="3"]Well I remember having a similar feeling when i smoked hookah the first couple of times. Bad Headache and Stomach problems. It doesn't happen to me anymore, so i guess you will get immune to it through time. Just make sure your hookah is clean and your shisha is a good brand.
[/size][/font]

coming back to this dug up thread. I can vouche i had a bad hookah hangover around a month ago. Smoked 2 sml phunnels of mizo mint over tiny chat with fineout and keepitsimple. and literally had to stay in for the rest of the day cause of how lightheaded i was.

In the meantime, here is a link to my flickr account. These are ALL the photos. Even the bad/stupid ones.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellydancerakn/sets/72157623948415132/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellydancerakn/sets/72157623948415132/[/url]

I have that happen to me sometimes but i am usually drinking beer when i smoke so i don't think it really counts as hydration and that is probably the problem. They are wicked headaches though and when i get them i just want to lay down because i feel so dizzy.
:Hookah: