Warm Or Cold Water Preference

Temperature  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your base to be filled with Hot, Warm, Cold, or Iced Water?

• Hot Hot HOTTT (Steamy!)
    • Warm (Warm enough that if you wash your hands your not burning yourself)
    • Cold (Typical cold faucet water)
    • Iced (Ice Ice Baby?)

I personally like it hot the smoke seems to run smoother and i find it brings out a good bit more taste in the smoke. Also seem to take larger hits. how about you?

cold faucet water for me...i used to do the whole ice thing but its not really worth it for me anymore. Once i even went to the extent to freeze my hookah into a tub of ice

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='15 March 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1268701554' post='457277']
cold faucet water for me...i used to do the whole ice thing but its not really worth it for me anymore. Once i even went to the extent to freeze my hookah into a tub of ice
[/quote]

lmao about freezing the entire base... yeah i use to ice and never found it to be to any extend worth while unless the base had a specific spot for cubes without falling into the water.

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='15 March 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1268703003' post='457287']
[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='15 March 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1268701554' post='457277']
[/quote]

lmao about freezing the entire base... yeah i use to ice and never found it to be to any extend worth while unless the base had a specific spot for cubes without falling into the water.
[/quote]

yeah i froze it into a plastic pumpkin....like one that little kids use for trick-or-treating...im not gonna lie it was bad ass
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='15 March 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1268705407' post='457294']
[quote name='A13lackFish' date='15 March 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1268703003' post='457287']
[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah i froze it into a plastic pumpkin....like one that little kids use for trick-or-treating...im not gonna lie it was bad ass
[/quote]

You can only make the story better then that if you had frozen candies waiting for you upon melting lol
Either way awesome and a +1 in my book lol

I honestly have never noticed any special difference in using ice cubes other than the sound. I generally use fresh, cold tap water, but I have not tried anything warmer than room-temperature water. What sorts of differences can it make?

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='15 March 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1268706166' post='457296']
I use cold tap water...

Be careful putting ice in your vase, or freezing it. Extremes of hot or cold will cause the vase to crack.
[/quote]

That was my biggest fear when i froze my vase but when i filled it with water id just add a little at a time to help ease the temp difference between freezing and cold. Also I should prob mention i may or may not have been under the influence when i decided to freeze it lol...seemed like a great idea at the time but got a little tedious after 2 weeks

I usually have typical cold water fromthe fridge water dispanser, sometime i put ice in the hookah. if i'm being really lazy i just use room temperature water.

whatever come out of the tap. Ice has made no difference. I do use warm when I smoke cappuccino. It makes it more like warm coffee.
Ray

so generally this seems to be a straight win for cold. Edited by A13lackFish

The warmer the water the warmer the smoke. Try it. Last summer I accidentally added warm water into the base, and the smoke was really warm compared to what I was used to. So we took the top stem off, and I filled the vase with cold. We didnt purge the stem/hose either, so the first pull was the warm smoke followed by a blast of cool smoke. I will never do hot water again.

Like most, just cold tap. I'll fill my bowl while I let the tap get nice and cold. I used to use ice, but a couple hookahs I have have a narrower top, and I have to crush it to fit it in. HAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not working that hard. Haha. Toooooo lazy.