Where Does Everyone Put Out There Coals?

Hey guys, I was wondering where you guys put your coals if you guys are done smoking and the coals are completly done? I live in Michigan and there is a bunch of snow and for the past 2 months i've been throwing the remainder of the charcoals in the snow because I smoke in my basement and i'm not gonna leave them lit. Well today it jumped up to like 50 degrees and all the snow meleted and on my backyard patio... A bunch of coals and it ruined all the bricks leaving black marks. I'm just wondering where you guys put your coals out at when you haven't smoked them all the way down. I'm thinking about getting a metal bucket and just keeping it in the basement to throw away all my coals when i'm done and fill it up with water.

umm, to amswer your first question....if the coals are completely done, then you're just left with ash....which i just throw in the trash.

if the coals still have some life in them, i have a bowl w/ lid. place the coals in the bowl, put the lid on, and the coals go out. then i can reuse them whever i want... Edited by Arcane

i just toss them in the trap in the sink and turn the faucet on for a bit..then throw them out..too lazy to run up the stairs and outside to toss them in the snow :)

[quote name='Brandon`' date='08 March 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1268088826' post='455971']
Sorry I ment aren't completly done, Obviously I would just throw ash in the trash...
[/quote]

Mine are usually still going, and its always the 2nd round of coals Im throwing away. Just drop them all in the tray, dump tray in yard, and dump water.

Since snow doesnt exist here, I use the water just to keep from something catching on fire.

But Ashes don't they add up and make a big lump in your yard? I used to do that before I started smoking in my basement but there would always be a lil spot of coals.

If the coals are done I throw the ash on my grass to help it fertilize, if they are not done I put them in my metal coal carrier, take it to the sink, pour some water in it till they're out, dump the water and throw them away.

[quote name='Arcane' date='08 March 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1268088333' post='455968']
if the coals still have some life in them, i have a bowl w/ lid. place the coals in the bowl, put the lid on, and the coals go out. then i can reuse them whever i want...
[/quote]

That's smart... I never even thought about that.

I thought about making this topic last night actually.

If they are hot, I will throw them into the snow on the lawn. Sometimes down the sink with the water running. Sometimes into the toilet. Somehow I feel like none of those are the "correct" way to do it. Works for me.

[quote name='Pretender85' date='08 March 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1268088337' post='455969']
[b]i just toss them in the trap in the sink and turn the faucet on for a bit..then throw them out..too lazy to run up the stairs and outside to toss them in the snow :)[/b]
[/quote]

+1

I dump coals and ashes in my asphalt driveway. No problem with black marks there. I would dump ashes in the trash until one day I dropped a little ember in the trashcan as I was leaving for a party. I fished the ember out but I was a little freaked out until I got home to see that it didn't burn down... Long story short; Be careful when you dump ashes in the trash. It's not worth burning down your house to save a few steps.

For 3kings just put water over them and they will dissolve. For other natural coals and even the ch ql's I pour water over the lit coals make sure they are out and toss em in the trash. As for the ash they go down my sink since the ash just dissolves in the water.

I normally just leave them on the hookah when im done. Not really worried because I have a metal sheet under the hookah. If im lighting more and some are still on ill just dump them in the sink and let them run down the garbage disposal with some water.

[quote name='fillup' date='08 March 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1268112343' post='456030']
I normally just leave them on the hookah when im done.[/quote]

+1

I honestly thought this is what everyone did.

I go home for lunch everyday and resuscitate whatever bowl I might have lying around. I use nats, so since my lunch is only an hour, I'm always left with three coal nubbins by the time I have to go. So what do I do when I'm done? I push them off the bowl into the tray, then throw my windcover over them just to be safe. Easy, safe, effective. Badda-bing badda-boom.

Man, this is what I love about this forum - no detail is left untouched. Seriously, I can't wait to see threads about proper tong grip, ideal grommet tension, and optimal hose to lip ratio. :P

[quote name='ih303' date='09 March 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1268141132' post='456072']
[quote name='fillup' date='08 March 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1268112343' post='456030']
I normally just leave them on the hookah when im done.[/quote]

+1

I honestly thought this is what everyone did.

I go home for lunch everyday and resuscitate whatever bowl I might have lying around. I use nats, so since my lunch is only an hour, I'm always left with three coal nubbins by the time I have to go. So what do I do when I'm done? I push them off the bowl into the tray, then throw my windcover over them just to be safe. Easy, safe, effective. Badda-bing badda-boom.

Man, this is what I love about this forum - no detail is left untouched. Seriously, I can't wait to see threads about proper tong grip, ideal grommet tension, and optimal hose to lip ratio. :P
[/quote]

you have no idea on how tempted i am to start this thread lol

[quote name='Pretender85' date='08 March 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1268088337' post='455969']
i just toss them in the trap in the sink and turn the faucet on for a bit..then throw them out..too lazy to run up the stairs and outside to toss them in the snow :)
[/quote]

Same here when I am done with the hookah. If not I leave them in the coal tray and go to bed.