Boro Glass Stem Hookah

Jimbo64

[quote name='sjcrain' timestamp='1308144833' post='512717']
I'd love to see one of these machined to fit some standard size of Erlenmeyer flask. Perfect for the science lab :)
[/quote]

I think that would lead to a top-heavy setup.

[quote name='Jimbo64' timestamp='1295658736' post='495270']
Feel free to make and sell as many as you like :D

I sell these to friends and friends of friends, lol.

The glass stem is the greatest improvement there is for serious smokers. I've never run a brush or anything through my stem, just hot tap water. Its still crystal clear.

The biggest issue is the crappy vase necks. The diameters are rarely consistent which makes using O rings tough. I machine each stem base to match the vase (base) I use. If you break the vase you need to buy a new one that fits the same.

I'm working on a new stem base that will fit a bigger span of vases but it wont be aluminum, it will be polyurethane. The stem will pull out easily, as well. So you could have multiple length stems, as well as simple changes to how many hoses you can use.

Jimbo-
[/quote]

can I be a friend? :)

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1308159474' post='512749']
[quote name='sjcrain' timestamp='1308144833' post='512717']
I'd love to see one of these machined to fit some standard size of Erlenmeyer flask. Perfect for the science lab :)
[/quote]

I think that would lead to a top-heavy setup.
[/quote]

Something about the size of a mya might work out pretty well for that. There are some large flasks out there.

• 1 month later...
Howdy,
I had said I'd post a few pictures of other pipes I've made, and now that I have a new camera, I figured I'd post pictures of the one I use now.

It uses a crystal wine decanter from Pottery barn, called a genie, it was like $30 bucks. I bought four of them and one ended up with a chip in the mouth, so I put stained glass around it and kept it. I sold the other three as hookah pipes. The second picture shows what it looks like at the store :)

[img]http://www.swansonkites.com/pictures/hookah/decanter02.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.swansonkites.com/pictures/hookah/decanter.jpg[/img]

Anyway, I'll post more pictures of it with the stem out and of the top, when I'm not using, lol.

Jimbo-

hey brother looks sweet! if your interested, I believe I carry that size tubing at my shop, and I don't know how much its costing you to buy it, but if your buying it by the piece im sure I can hook you up with some for a lot cheeper. I can mail it in a tube and save you a few bucks i'm sure. Unless your buying it by the case, its rather expensive by the pieces.

• 1 month later...