Air Fresheners!

rhineholt

So I live in a dorm.
It gets smelly in here no matter how hard I try. Pretty sure it's my room mate...
Anywho!
This is what I have right now.
[url="http://www.glade.com/productDetailPage.aspx?productId=9"]http://www.glade.com/productDetailPage.aspx?productId=9[/url]

it works okay... but nothing spectacular. They say it's supposed to freshen within minutes. it doesnt...

Any ideas?
No candles. Can't do that in a dorm or something.

A lot of it depends on your budget.

B/c I'm all about senses when it comes to my place for guests. Things are usually aesthetically pleasing and there are various smells that blend from place to place.

There are a few options:

-essential oils (in a spray bottle since you can't use candles)
- Yankee Candle Air spray (they have a new one that is supposed to neutralize odors and give a "clean" sent)
- Reed Diffusers (wood wick brand in my opinion or walmart brand works fine too)

* as a side note walmart carries "sprays" that give off a scent but the spray bottles suck. So my advice is get a spray bottle for 50 cents and then pour in the different fragrances you want to mix. Few sprays near the ceiling or on a fabric and you're in business.

Febreeze my man, always works wonderfully when my roomate decides he wants to rip @ss all day..

Also in reference to candles, so long as you dont light them they give alot of scent to the room if you place them correctly (in front of a window) (by a desk or door)

Also liquid potpourri works like a charm (i used vanilla all last year and girls loved the smell of my room)

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='07 March 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1268020938' post='455833']
Febreeze my man, always works wonderfully when my roomate decides he wants to rip @ss all day..

Also in reference to candles, so long as you dont light them they give alot of scent to the room if you place them correctly (in front of a window) (by a desk or door)

Also liquid potpourri works like a charm (i used vanilla all last year and girls loved the smell of my room)
[/quote]

Nothing personal, and it could just be my experience. But Febreeze is a tricky way to go. I've used pretty much everything they've put out and here's a quick list of stuff.

- new reed diffusers (try them out, they partnered with woodwick for them)

- room sprays, work great but aren't concentrated enough IMO so they work really well just not for very long

- Candles are over priced for what you get. You can pick up two large walmart branded candles that work just as well for the price of one small frebreeze one

- The "odor neutralizer" spray they have doesn't seem to neutralize too well. But if you have some cash try it out

- Love the tide with febreeze works great

- the febreeze plug-ins they work great but just figure out the cost b/c you'll be buying a new thing refill every month if you leave it on max. So just depends on your budget.

There might be some more but that should cover most everything they have out now.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='07 March 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1268017185' post='455818']
tangiers should do the job nicely
[/quote]

That's exactly what I was sayin... but i can't have any hookah related in my dorm. Well... visible. hah, i have tobacco and my hookah in the ceiling tiles.

now liquidglass, i love the whole idea of different fragrances and such.
however, i'm only looking for something for one room right now.

another thing i shouldve said at the beginning, i'd prefer something that I don't have to spray anything... hahah. i want a static smell.

ive looked into those wood things.
the ones i've seen and smelled i don't really like...

my house usually smells good...it's a combination of a few products i use...

1) lysol: spray trash cans, toilets, and anywhere else that's just plain funky
2) febreeze: near your laundry
3) oust: all over your house
4) i agree with the reed diffusers as well, since you can't use candles...although, i prefer candles myself...

[quote name='ashes87' date='07 March 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1268025159' post='455849']
I actually found one at walmart that smells like coffee.

I actually prefer the reed diffusers to candles, less mess and less to clean.
[/quote]
coffee eh? that might be good.... i'll go to walmart.
i like candles better. something about that little flame...

[quote name='Arcane' date='07 March 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1268025195' post='455850']
my house usually smells good...it's a combination of a few products i use...

1) lysol: spray trash cans, toilets, and anywhere else that's just plain funky
2) febreeze: near your laundry
3) oust: all over your house
4) i agree with the reed diffusers as well, since you can't use candles...although, i prefer candles myself...
[/quote]
i also prefer the candles....
i wish there was one simple thing that made EVERYTHING smell good...

Bath and Body works wall flowers, epic scents. My roomy and I used the "sweet pea" scent because she used it in her room she grew up in, love that smell.

If you have the heater/ac in your room, dryer sheets over the vents with the fan turned on works great. That what we used to do in our dorms, but we were also kinda spoiled by having our own ac/heater in the room.

[quote name='ryno' date='08 March 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1268032716' post='455884']
If you have the heater/ac in your room, dryer sheets over the vents with the fan turned on works great. That what we used to do in our dorms, but we were also kinda spoiled by having our own ac/heater in the room.
[/quote]
I do have a heater/ac in my room. BUT, my room mate hates having it on because it gets too hot too fast....

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='08 March 2010 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1268034492' post='455889']
U have your hookah stashed in the ceiling? Thats dedication haha
[/quote]
yeah.. haha. its just a stupid rule.

[quote name='rhineholt' date='08 March 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1268058647' post='455912']
[quote name='ryno' date='08 March 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1268032716' post='455884']
[/quote]
I do have a heater/ac in my room. BUT, my room mate hates having it on because it gets too hot too fast....

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='08 March 2010 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1268034492' post='455889']
U have your hookah stashed in the ceiling? Thats dedication haha
[/quote]
yeah.. haha. its just a stupid rule.
[/quote]

We had a setting on ours where you could just turn on the fan in there, no heat or ac just to keep the air in the room moving.

If you can have candles (just not lite them) you can get a candle warmer (its like a little hot plate type deal that heats the candle in the jar they work great and makes the candle last forever)

also if you use the reed diffuser buy a big bottle of LorAnn candy flavoring oil and put that in it when the stuff that came with it evaporates.

also i know someone suggested dryer sheets. they work great too hide some under furniture.

also the air wick automatic (it sprays air freshener every 15 30 and 60 minutes depending on what you set it too.)

also you can make your own hookah sents take a tea bag remove the staple dump the tea and add a pinch of tang (if its to wet dab it with a paper towel before you add it. the replace the staple and put it in a container such as one of those soap stone incense bowls they sell in the craft department of walmart. (small soap stone bowl with a lid that has lots of holes in it they cost $3-4.)

[quote name='Charley' date='10 March 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1268217596' post='456321']
If you can have candles (just not lite them) you can get a candle warmer (its like a little hot plate type deal that heats the candle in the jar they work great and makes the candle last forever)

also if you use the reed diffuser buy a big bottle of LorAnn candy flavoring oil and put that in it when the stuff that came with it evaporates.

also i know someone suggested dryer sheets. they work great too hide some under furniture.

also the air wick automatic (it sprays air freshener every 15 30 and 60 minutes depending on what you set it too.)

also you can make your own hookah sents take a tea bag remove the staple dump the tea and add a pinch of tang (if its to wet dab it with a paper towel before you add it. the replace the staple and put it in a container such as one of those soap stone incense bowls they sell in the craft department of walmart. (small soap stone bowl with a lid that has lots of holes in it they cost $3-4.)
[/quote]

I was looking at the candle warmers.
Do you have a link to they by chance? Maybe at Walmart? haha. or target?
I don' t like the air wick automatic. A friend had it and it scares the shit out of me every time it goes off.

as for the hookah scent, i might try that. Sounds really interesting.

these look kind of nice I might order one for myself lol.

http://www.candlewarmers.com/

and for the hookah scents make sure to use a soap stone bowl if you can (the soap stone will start absorbing the scents after a while. and the tea bag is just for easy clean up in case it gets spilled or knocked over you dont need it if you dont want to.)

[quote name='Capt. Morgan' date='16 March 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1268716388' post='457333']
Reed diffusers work really well.
[/quote]

Yeah, but the scents are hit or miss.
They might smell really good condensed, but once they start smelling up the room, it might smell bad.
My girlfriend got one and it made her room smell like stale beer.