Hookah John Alien Mini Phunnel!

[quote name='Arcane' date='05 March 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1267776917' post='455373']
i may buy one just to spend money on something hookah related....

if you're thinking about taking pre-orders, i'll pick one up.

question: is the material closer to the originial Tangiers phunnels (kinda like stoneware)....or are we looking at something more akin to KM clay bowls? or material like chinese phunnels...
[/quote]

material more like chinese phunnels

c'mon now jay, would i do that to you?[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif[/img]
a couple of forum members have seen them, one of whom is Eric himself, the other is foibled.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HookahJohn' date='05 March 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1267835370' post='455486']
i don't want to have a preoder list, i will announce when they are available, when it gets close too, it should be close to two weeks, thanks
[/quote]
i think the no preorder is a good thing cause it gives anyone a chance to get one from the 1st batch. John did you smoke it with two coals or did it just get too hot or work better with one coal?

[quote name='jeremyk' date='05 March 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1267842099' post='455499']
[quote name='HookahJohn' date='05 March 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1267835370' post='455486']
i don't want to have a preoder list, i will announce when they are available, when it gets close too, it should be close to two weeks, thanks
[/quote]
i think the no preorder is a good thing cause it gives anyone a chance to get one from the 1st batch. John did you smoke it with two coals or did it just get too hot or work better with one coal?
[/quote]

you cam go with 1 and be fine but i bumped it up to 2 afterwards for thicker smoke.

[quote name='Stuie' date='06 March 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1267855624' post='455540']
word from John...looking like around $25 a bowl, but not completely set in stone yet.
[/quote]

thx stu

I think $15-20 is more reasonable than $25ish... but John can totally price them however he wants. I'm just saying I've already got a Mini and so I probably won't get one if they're over $20. For those that are dying to get their hands on Minis this is a good deal, however.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='05 March 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1267860890' post='455562']
I think $15-20 is more reasonable than $25ish... but John can totally price them however he wants. I'm just saying I've already got a Mini and so I probably won't get one if they're over $20. For those that are dying to get their hands on Minis this is a good deal, however.
[/quote]

Exactly, I missed out on the mini phunnel era in respects to ordering and such. I got on here and saw all this hype for it, and was bummed. Then John showed me this thing and I was stocked on it. It's tiny but it's perfect for so many aspects of smoking. I can't wait for him to start selling them.

Not sure why these werent sized the same as Minis? Obviously everyone wants a mini--its the perfect size. 2 people for an hour. Maybe after he's done making these tiny bowls he can make minis for the hoardes of people that want them?

[quote name='NimbleCow' date='09 March 2010 - 05:20 AM' timestamp='1268140804' post='456071']
Not sure why these werent sized the same as Minis? Obviously everyone wants a mini--its the perfect size. 2 people for an hour. Maybe after he's done making these tiny bowls he can make minis for the hoardes of people that want them?
[/quote]

But what if your not with another person, and you don't have an hour and a half to smoke? Then your wasting shisha. Idk about you but I hate not finishing a bowl. This makes it so one person can sit down and smoke for like 45 mins. It's perfect.

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='09 March 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1268151007' post='456088']
[quote name='NimbleCow' date='09 March 2010 - 05:20 AM' timestamp='1268140804' post='456071']
[/quote]

But what if your not with another person, and you don't have an hour and a half to smoke? Then your wasting shisha. Idk about you but I hate not finishing a bowl. This makes it so one person can sit down and smoke for like 45 mins. It's perfect.
[/quote]

I'm starting to rethink this product. I'm not trying to knock it, but I'm starting to wonder why its needed. If I'm gonna smoke by myself for 30 or 45 minutes I'll grab my mini egyptian bowl. I've never wasted shisha in my mini egyptian and it smokes great. Wasnt the Phunnel type of bowl made to have longer sessions? So what would be the advantage of me getting this to replace my mini egyptian?

[quote name='Stuie' date='09 March 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1268175383' post='456174']
Keep juices from running down the stem.
[/quote]

Right there is the reason. I just ordered a mini egyptian, but it's not a phunnel. To me the phunnel is just a better design for a bowl, longer lasting flavor, and bigger smoke. Thats just an opinion though, im sure someone will post with a contradiction saying that they get just as big thunderclouds with their egyptian, but thats just the nature of a forum. :)

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='09 March 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1268177890' post='456185']
[quote name='Stuie' date='09 March 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1268175383' post='456174']
Keep juices from running down the stem.
[/quote]

Right there is the reason. I just ordered a mini egyptian, but it's not a phunnel. To me the phunnel is just a better design for a bowl, longer lasting flavor, and bigger smoke. Thats just an opinion though, im sure someone will post with a contradiction saying that they get just as big thunderclouds with their egyptian, but thats just the nature of a forum. :)
[/quote]

I get monster clouds with my mini egyptian and the flavor is just as good as my small phunnel. If keeping juices from running down my stem is the only thing this $20- $25 bowl can offer me, I think I'll stick with my $5 mini egyptian.

[quote name='maestroelite' date='09 March 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1268179453' post='456192']
Plus you can smoke Tangiers out of a phunnel much more easily, at least in my experience.
[/quote]

I personally havent smoked Tangiers from a phunnel yet but I had no problem with packing it in an Egyptian...just takes a little more time to pack it right. I also think the mini phunnel tho will cut back on tobacco usage cause i def pack more into an Egyptian than i would into a mini phunnel