Hookah John Alien Mini Phunnel!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty cool. I use a small MNH phunnel bowl both because I like glass and because Tangiers phunnels always looked way large for the amount I smoke at a time. But I would definitely invest in one of these.

I wasn't too impressed with the mini's. Good idea, but I just dont think they smoke as well as the small or mediums. I might invest in one of these though for those people that I smoke with that like quit 10 minutes afterwards...

wow, im diggin' it. to be honest, i get better smoke than that out of my mini. then again, you are outside and only using one coal on one side of the bowl, so given those two circumstances, not bad. i really like the concept of it being shallow. Depending on the price, i may have to pick one of these up. very cool.

I don't know how I can not buy one and review it...man.

Damn you John!!!! You make me want so much stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm glad you guys like it so far, i want to make sure everyone knows that this was inspired by both Eric of Tangiers, since he is the original designer of the phunel bowl and you guys who have demanded a mini. it won't be mass produced all at once so we can all work together on suggesting any changes that need to be done. meaning, i will start out with 50 or so then get feedback, if they are good no changes, if they need to be tweaked we will tweak them. all input is welcome, thanks, john

one thing i want to bring up about the price, it will not be a ridiculous mini price like $40-50 but it will be a few bucks more than the tangiers one, this due to it really being hard to find someone to make them for really cheap. 1 guy will be making them all but i do anticipate them always being readily available. with that said this is a new product and nothing is set in stone. i do expect it to be great product though. doing a little more r&d atm with some af this time.

I need to be on the list with Stuie. Also I'd love to have a smaller bowl for the short sessions at home. Thats why I was upset i missed the minis. I placed my first order with you today I'm looking forward to the Tang stuff. I'm so anxious.

As someone mentioned before, looks pretty shallow. While having a shallow bowl may seem ideal, Eric had said something before about phunnels needing depth to work properly. Edited by jon bon

i may buy one just to spend money on something hookah related....

if you're thinking about taking pre-orders, i'll pick one up.

question: is the material closer to the originial Tangiers phunnels (kinda like stoneware)....or are we looking at something more akin to KM clay bowls? or material like chinese phunnels... Edited by Arcane

I can vouch for John. I've seen it and it looks awesome. It's small but it's made well and it's thick. It looks like it would be perfect for a half hour one person sesh. Believe me you guys are going to want one. It's a great investment if your trying to save some $ on shisha, or if you want a bowl that doesn't come with a commitment of an hour or more worth of smoking.

I am definitely interested in this bowl. I dont know if ill make first round though. After getting a couple v1 narbish hoses i think i might hop on the bandwagon after the first changes. Luckily i already have a trip planned to replenish my tobacco with Eric at the end of April. All my small phunnels are blown out with the glazing and bowls all beginning to crack. Maybe instead of getting some more smalls ill have to look into a couple smalls and a couple of these ultra minis.

Thanks john for taking our wishes into consideration. These kind of things remind me why i shop with you when i need a few quick hookah purchases.

P.S. If you are reading this Eric be sure to have a bunch of Bug Powder ready for the end of April. My 600g went so fast it's not even funny.