Do You Guys Use New Water Each Time You Smoke?

[quote name='chinamon' date='25 February 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1267143653' post='453828']
i havent changed the water in 4 years.
[/quote]
Got some good pond water in there now?
For the most part I change it every time I smoke (every day). If I smoke more than one bowl a day I usually don't change in between...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always change the water, clean the base (mixture of rubbing alcohol, hot water, and salt..... rinse till flushed), i also always pipeclean my stem, wash my phunnel bowl with simple dish soap and hot water and rinse out the hose (washable)

[quote name='phantastik' date='26 February 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1267148272' post='453856']
[quote name='chinamon' date='25 February 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1267143653' post='453828']
i havent changed the water in 4 years.
[/quote]

What color is the water in your base? ;]
[/quote]

it resembles dirty engine oil.
you should hear the way it bubbles now. Edited by chinamon

[quote name='JOE' date='25 February 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1267139625' post='453809']
[b]if i pack a bowl of the same flavor, I will leave the water, if its a new flavor, I will change it out to fresh.[/b]
[/quote]

ditto.However, If I have 2 bowls of the same flavor back to back, then I won't change the water. But if I smoke 1 flavor one day, then have the same flavor another day, then I will. Edited by thatonethere

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='25 February 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1267153853' post='453886']
[quote name='mxtaylor' date='25 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1267153569' post='453885']
Wow I can't believe you guys don't clean that often.

After every session (whether its 1-3 bowls), I will clean the entire hookah. Never between bowls even if it is a different flavor. Everytime I clean the vase, I add a squirt of hand soap to it and shake that around inside (with my thumb plugging the hole). Rinse thoroughly. Rinse the stem every session (wire brush every 10 or so). Rinse my hose every two sessions. Clean the bowl with soap after each bowl I smoke.
[/quote]

what base opening is small enough to plug with a thumb?[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Its my big Temsaah. The hole is probably 1.5" diameter but I have big hands- by the time I stick my thumb and some of the thumb-to-hand-connecting-meat, it plugs it right up.

The hose I wash is a Nammor..

[quote name='mxtaylor' date='27 February 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1267297189' post='454172']
Its my big Temsaah. The hole is probably 1.5" diameter but I have big hands- by the time I stick my thumb and some of the thumb-to-hand-connecting-meat, it plugs it right up.
[/quote]

im pretty sure the temsaah's base is about the same as a KM which means the opening is 2" diameter. if your thumb can cover that hole then you must be like 9ft tall.

I cant let mine sit un clean after any session.
For some reason i will clean it after a single use of a bowl.
I have yet to see or hear that leaving it dirty or used actually makes the smoke any better or worse.

I always have three hookahs set up at the same time. Two large KM's and a mini Mya. The mini gets the non Vortex and non Phunnel bowls and gets changed after every flavor and a light rinse cleaning. The KM's only get Phunnels and Vortex's so I let them go several days then a light cleaning and I never let the water turn colors so if I see it's tinted it gets changed but can go 2-3 days between the two, that's not a lot of bowls or flavors. I feel I change everything as needed and do light cleanings, meaning rinse out stems and vases and water when needed but not more than the 2-3 days on the KM's. Bowls after every bowl with soap and water. Major cleaning with brushes and soap on all three once a week, the mini more than that, 2-3 times full.

• 3 weeks later...
I change it every time, but then again I dont have to climb a flight of stairs everytime to get water lol. What you could do is get a couple of empty gallon milk jugs, clean them out real well and fill them with water and just have them down in your basement for hookah. Also have a couple of empty milk jugs and a funnel and pour the used water into those ones. Just be sure to label which is which.

Maybe it's just paranoia, but I feel like I can tase the re-used water if I don't switch it out between sessions.

I always switch the water out, between sessions (1-3 bowls) but will only clean the hookah between flavours.

Something about cold, fresh pure water in the base makes me feel like the difference is be enough.

• 5 weeks later...
[font="Century Gothic"]I change the water every time, to keep all the nasty stuff out. Also the water will hold some flavoring so if you smoke a strong flavor then come the next day and try to smoke a mild one, it will affect the flavor.
[/font]

I always change the water after each session.

[quote name='mxtaylor' date='26 February 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1267153569' post='453885']
Wow I can't believe you guys don't clean that often.[/quote]

I clean mine when I finish a session. I break everything down and give it a good scrubbing. It only takes 5 minutes.