Social Smoke Shisha

apparently social smoke came out with their own brand of shisha recently
[url="http://www.socialsmoke.com/cat--Social-Smoke-Tobacco-100-Gram-Can--socialsmoke100.html"]http://www.socialsmoke.com/cat--Social-Smoke-Tobacco-100-Gram-Can--socialsmoke100.html[/url]

just wondering if anyone's tried it yet/ opinions.
on paper, seems like a carbon copy of sb

You know it's made by someone else with their label on it. Might be okay if we knew for a fact who the original manufacturer is and if we happen to like their tobacco. Then hell, yeah, pick up what you already love even though it's got a funky label on it....... Why not? While it's on sale anyway....... After that? Yawn.

"Rani

Abrahim from Social Smoke sent us samples of 8 different flavors to test out in our hookah lounge and I can tell you that the response was overwhelmingly positive. I can also tell you with 100% confidence that their tobacco is manufactured at their headquarters in Arlington, TX from scratch (meaning they do not purchase unflavored shisha 'base' from out of the country and add flavoring in the US).

Just placed an order for this stuff yesterday actually, I'm always down for trying new brands at least once, plus they have a lime flavor.

[b]Social Smoke Tobacco - 100g Can - Lime - $10.95
[/b]Quantity: 1

[b]Social Smoke Tobacco - 100g Can - Blush - $10.95[/b]
Quantity: 1

[b]Social Smoke Tobacco - 100g Can - Baja Blue - $10.95[/b]
Quantity: 1

got ~8$ off with the discount so not too bad after all is said and done. Hopefully this puts me 2 brands up on Stuie :) (Deja Vu and SS)

[quote name='adrock5150' date='20 February 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1266705359' post='452637']
Abrahim from Social Smoke sent us samples of 8 different flavors to test out in our hookah lounge and I can tell you that the response was overwhelmingly positive. I can also tell you with 100% confidence that their tobacco is manufactured at their headquarters in Arlington, TX from scratch (meaning they do not purchase unflavored shisha 'base' from out of the country and add flavoring in the US).
[/quote]

Now that just might make it more interesting....... I still think it's overpriced, but considering it's entirely made here, labor costs, etc........More understandable. Sometimes we kinda forget that with the "designer" brands. Anything made in the US from US purchased ingredients is going to be much more expensive. Yet I tend to buy everything American as often as I can so the money stays here.

'Rani

As good as it may be, I don't think that I will try it unless it's priced a a little better.

Knowing that I can get 250g for cheaper than their 100g just makes wonder as to why anyone would spend more on something that they could get 2.5x more of for a lower price. Sure it might be new, but price it better until everyone is in love with it then slowly raise the prices! If it's as good as Adrock mentioned, hell I'll start buying!

Until then...[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/nea.gif[/img]

Just got back and saw the email....

...let's just say I am betting soon after this launch their herbal comes out...

...I had one of their test batches last year, and i will say for herbal... pretty freaking awesome!

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1266729052' post='452672']
Just got back and saw the email....

...let's just say I am betting soon after this launch their herbal comes out...

...I had one of their test batches last year, and i will say for herbal... pretty freaking awesome!
[/quote]

Looks like stuie is one up on YOU Tyler :blum2:

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='21 February 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1266737753' post='452689']
2-1=1 so I still win :P
[/quote]

This is a game you can't win... Mabruk & Smiley's .... :post-5619-1201289386:

Just out of curiosity, what's the general opinion around here of Social Smoke?

The previous owner of my lounge went through them for all of her supplies, and from what I've been told, had someone from SS actually come out to help set up the lounge. They sold her a bunch of crappy chinese hookahs that were constantly breaking and falling apart. They also sold her hoses they assured were washable that ended up rusting. On top of all that, they set her up to sell a full selection of SB and Layalina, oh and NK DA. It all seemed kind of shady to me.

Now, I've never dealt with SS personally, and for all I know, the previous owner simply asked for all their crappiest stuff against SS's recommendations. I've just never been impressed with their selection and quality. They seem more about making a quick buck than selling good product. Based on this perception, I'm hesitant to try their tobacco.

This is just my $0.02. I'd like to know what the rest of you think.

[color=black][font=Verdana][size=2]i just posted this on the other forum, this ismy take:
Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there,i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exactround tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you outbut i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that makeme chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this asfact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you seesomething with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be ahuge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke wassupposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really becontrolled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways,there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SBand SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less,wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it againstSB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are afan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comerthat has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and AlFakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for waylonger and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SBwas selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB cameup with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNSCalifornia, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that,they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smokingcommunities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, notonly in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at halfprice, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. Therehave been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name namesince I know many of the players, ok, maybe a few...de ja vu, number 5,cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumerand as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring somethingbetter to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see mepraising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don'tget any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzzis reading I don't even like you that much[img]file:///C:\Users\CHRONI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img] Butrespect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luckto you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will betanyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect thewhole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 andapologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.[/size][/font][/color]