"Eating" Shisha

So more than a few people have said they taste the juice from the shisha with apparently no ill effects. and I remember someone stating that they tried eating the shisha and get a pretty bad upset stomach.

so, a couple days ago....i was opening a package of Nak Chocomint and came across the usually tobacco sticks. Now, I normally toss these out, but was wondering...what if I treat them like a toothpick. Not so much trying to get food dislodged from between my teeth...but, just something to "chew" on or at least treat like a toothpick...but with flavor.

would that cause any ill effects?

[quote name='Arcane' date='17 February 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1266454214' post='452022']
So more than a few people have said they taste the juice from the shisha with apparently no ill effects. and I remember someone stating that they tried eating the shisha and get a pretty bad upset stomach.

so, a couple days ago....i was opening a package of Nak Chocomint and came across the usually tobacco sticks. Now, I normally toss these out, but was wondering...what if I treat them like a toothpick. Not so much trying to get food dislodged from between my teeth...but, just something to "chew" on or at least treat like a toothpick...but with flavor.

[/quote]

personally I wouldn't shew any one the tobacco peices... seems too much like dipping to me and that causes mouth cancer.

I've loaded some tangiers in my mouth like a dip before; tasty, but gave me an upset stomach...I dunno if chewing stems would do this, but stems are usually higher nicotine content, hence why I smoke them instead of pitching them

[quote name='Tuscani' date='17 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1266454680' post='452024']
[quote name='Arcane' date='17 February 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1266454214' post='452022']

[/quote]

personally I wouldn't shew any one the tobacco peices... seems too much like dipping to me and that causes mouth cancer.
[/quote]

XD and the smoke from the tobacco doesn't cause cancer?..... i do believe its an equal risk. i have tasted a few of them alone, not literally eaten them, but tasted it. tobacco its self as a plant is very medicinal but also causes purging ( puking, diarrhea, rash, etc) i have a whole book of edible and medicinal plants. the molasses has a similar affect if you ingest it alone it tends to cause stomach aches and gas. so with that said i do not recomend chewing on any bits of shisha, the only exception would be if its herbal, but even then i wouldn't do it.

i don't plan on eating them....unless you guys eat your toothpicks.

i may have to try this on a day when i don't have anything planned, just in case this "purging" this hits me...haha.

I've accidentally licked a bit of shisha juice on my finger and it tastes good :-\

[quote name='lucky13' date='17 February 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1266455209' post='452029']
[quote name='Tuscani' date='17 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1266454680' post='452024']

[/quote]

[/quote]

XD and the smoke from the tobacco doesn't cause cancer?..... i do believe its an equal risk. i have tasted a few of them alone, not literally eaten them, but tasted it. tobacco its self as a plant is very medicinal but also causes purging ( puking, diarrhea, rash, etc) i have a whole book of edible and medicinal plants. the molasses has a similar affect if you ingest it alone it tends to cause stomach aches and gas. so with that said i do not recomend chewing on any bits of shisha, the only exception would be if its herbal, but even then i wouldn't do it.
[/quote]

dipping has a high gum cancer risk smoking has the risk, but not as great esp hookah smoking. its all the other shit in cigarettes that are cancerous. Either way though, you can't do shit these days without someone saying "oh that can cause such and such..."

actually, without the extensive and prolonged study of hookah....we really can't say if hookah is more or less dangerous than cigs....

either way, i'm gonna try it with my mizo guava box (once, i open it)....i'm sure i'll find a few logs in there anyways...

[quote name='Tuscani' date='17 February 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1266459213' post='452047']
[quote name='lucky13' date='17 February 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1266455209' post='452029']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

dipping has a high gum cancer risk smoking has the risk, but not as great esp hookah smoking. its all the other shit in cigarettes that are cancerous. Either way though, you can't do shit these days without someone saying "oh that can cause such and such..."
[/quote]

true dat

[quote name='Arcane' date='17 February 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1266464161' post='452061']
actually, without the extensive and prolonged study of hookah....we really can't say if hookah is more or less dangerous than cigs....

either way, i'm gonna try it with my mizo guava box (once, i open it)....i'm sure i'll find a few logs in there anyways...
[/quote]

agreed, well there has been research proving that hookah is a cleaner form of smoking compared to cigs, which leads me to believe it is safer, not only because its cleaner but because you are not burning the tobacco you are simply backing it, kinda like cooking with alchohaul it does more damage drunk straight then if its baked/ cooked with. and my case is farther supported by the fact that shisha is filtered more purely by the water in the base then the smoke inhaled through cotton on a cig thats if it has a filter.

but thats all in my opinion, hookah still has its risks, apparently addiction is more likely, but i find everything about hookah to be addictive, not smoking it XD like HF and shopping for my hookah hahahah

I dont know if I would ever try to "eat" the shisha in all honesty, just seems really odd.

For those of you that want to try it, have fun, and let me know how it turns out so that I can laugh if need be :)

I will chew tobacco to determine its sweeting base, glycerine content, and nicotine content.

In terms of oral tobacco, I would estimate its cancer risk is approximately the same as for smoking the hookah. That being said, it is more likely to cause oral cancer than lung cancer, which is easier to treat. Supposedly. I personally can't swallow it, I spit it out, as most people do with chewed tobacco. I would imagine if you weren't used to it, you'd get nauseous or get a stomach ache. After a time it won't bother you at all...if thats a bright spot or not. :)

I've had shishas that just smelled too good and i had to try eating them. Every time it taste like complete shit and the bad taste lingers for quite some time. ...kinda like urinal cakes, ive always wanted to try eating one of those, the unused kind of course.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='18 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266481709' post='452124']
I've had shishas that just smelled too good and i had to try eating them. Every time it taste like complete shit and the bad taste lingers for quite some time. ...[b]kinda like urinal cakes, ive always wanted to try eating one of those[/b], the unused kind of course.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]

Haha, you mind if I quote that?

[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 February 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1266567118' post='452378']
the mouth is a very sensitive chemical analysis device.
[/quote]

hmm...so if someone wanted to analyze certain bodily fluids....