"Nub" Moves...

I'm a coil burner newbie :[

- Left coil burner on 15 minutes only to realize that my coals weren't even on yet.
- Left coals on the burner for too long (when realizing that i had under packed and need to fix it) only to have them pea sized when I fully set up :wallbash:
- Forgot to turn on the coil burner to light coals after setting up (i usually start coals and then pack the bowl
- Forgot to turn off the coil burner. (record's set for 30 minutes for me)

- Failed to remember that i was out of coals after i had set up and packed a bowl :dash2:

I've also have purged so hard that water would go into the bowl and/or shisha floats in the base, biggest facepalm ever.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive done,
-Leaving coals on for too long
-Putting them on the wrong burner
-Putting them on the stove without turning it on
-Setting up and then remembering I don't have coals
-Setting up and asking a friend to use his shisha cause I ran out earlier, and it was 2am, and him going "I thought you had some..." hah
-Setting up with coals on and forgetting to put water in (but I didn't smoke it anyway haha, that sounds like it wouldn't taste good)
-And i've licked the juice from the shisha off my hands, because it smelt good....tasted really bad though :(

Lets see....

1) lighting coals only to find I didnt do any other prep work, no bowl packed, no stem put together, no water in the vase =) lets just say i really wanted to smoke lol
2) pulling over the hookah with a 72inch hose (forgot i was attached lol)
3) made a hookah from a 2L bottle and some highlighter and pen tubes in a pinch...needlessly to say the heat from the coals melted the plastic highlighter tube and ruined the all ready crappy smoke session

1) got everything ready, coals on the stove, water and inc in the base, and shisha in the bowl but when i go for the foil we were all out. major fail moment right there.
2) coal feel over and i tried catching it with my hand, luckily my timing was off.
3) left the stove on after lighting my coals. i noticed when i came back to light some more 30 min later. Saved me some start up time

im sure i have plenty more, just nothing to notable.

• 2 weeks later...
This is not really a nub move but more of a dink move. You all should get a good laugh anyway. Tonight I got all set up to smoke in the garage, went to grab a few more containers from inside to organize my stash while I smoke and realized I had locked myself in the garage. At this point my bowl of Mizo Guava has out lasted my desire to smoke and I am just waiting for my wife to come home and save me. I guess I should add a spare key to my box of hookah stuff. Good thing I have my phone so I can keep up with HF. :)

[quote name='Skoozle' date='02 March 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1267580898' post='454901']
This is not really a nub move but more of a dink move. You all should get a good laugh anyway. Tonight I got all set up to smoke in the garage, went to grab a few more containers from inside to organize my stash while I smoke and realized I had locked myself in the garage. At this point my bowl of Mizo Guava has out lasted my desire to smoke and I am just waiting for my wife to come home and save me. I guess I should add a spare key to my box of hookah stuff. Good thing I have my phone so I can keep up with HF. :)
[/quote]

niiice

pulled the no water in the vase the other night...not a hard fix but it really bummed me out

I once put the coal in a glass ashtray.. When I woke up the next morning the glass was broken and there was quite a visible spot in my wooden table >< . But I used wood filler and made it smooth with sandpaper.. I was so damn happy that my house didn't burn down.. :wallbash:

well i'm glad i'm not the only one to forget to put water in base. but i once tried to light a coco with a torch while holding the coal with tongs needless to say burned like hell before coal was eve close to lit. lesson learned

I use a double layer of foil and in an effort to not make the holes too big I would poke shallow holes and inadvertently I didn't poke through to the lower layer. I've done this a couple times recently. I'm like, "Man I got plenty of heat, why isn't it pulling?"

When I first got my KM Pharonie I moved the whole hookah with bowl and coals on top to bring it outside, which caused the bowl to topple and break. I made sure to order 2 bowls the next time around.

I think when I first got my natural coconut coals I tried to light one with a lighter. Needless to say that's a futile endeavor...

Prepped everything, lit coal, water in base, fresh bowl, foil, holes etc. etc. Everything was ready. I put the bowl on, added some coals and took a few hits. It was really harsh, tasted like ash and had no smoke.

I put an old bowl on. :(

new one to the list, put my bowl on my new hookah and it's the first time I had a hookah that had the rubber part to hold the bowl, second night smoking with it and the bowl starts to come loose on it. Were all talking and shit and didnt notice it was leaning and then it falls.....let me repeat that because it's that heart breaking....it fucking falls...bowl stays together because theres foil on it. We finish that bowl and I go inside to pack another one and half of the bowl is broken off, it's still usable though I just have to hold the two pieces together when I pack it and put the foil on. Were smokin the second bowl right now and it's fine. Whatever I wanted to get a phunnel bowl anyway and this makes me have to spend the money on it. Got some mizo guava while I was at it so maybe it will be a blessing in disguise haha :)

1) Like everyone else, definitely set everything up and forgot the water....
2) Under-packed my Tang. Phunnel bowl thus not allowing airflow through the middle hole as every inhale it pulled down on the foil instead.
3) Placed Hose on top of the tray, with a lit coal underneath it... thus burning a dent in the hose handle..
4) Some of the sad wastes of shisha ive had attempting to create homebrewed mixes.

I tend to grab the coals with my fingers quite often. I've got calluses on the fingers for that. However I learned the hard way not to grab natural lemonwood coals. I've smoked once or twice with no water. But the worst was when one of my employees took a hookah out to customers and they complained that they weren't able to pull. So i walked over took a hit no go and was like hmmm. looked at the bowl and of course no holes. Not my nub moment but still my responsibility haha. We all had a good laugh.

I've got one for you. I added water to the hookah, got the shisha out, lit the coals put the foil on the bowl, poked holes....and then I realized the bowl was empty.[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img] [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img] [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img] [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img] [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img] Dumbest move ever.

I'm glad I didn't start trying to smoke it . I would have been smoking straight charcoal fumes.

A couple of nights ago I tried to purge a Leila only to realize there was no purge valve - only a sizzle sound of water pushing up out of the bowl drenching the coals.

Oh, and last night, the lady and I were "snuggling" on the couch, and as I reached for the hose, I knocked my entire hookah over ONTO ME! It was like Dante's Inferno with fire, and brimstone flying everywhere. When the smoke cleared, I was covered with ash, there were a couple of new holes in my carpet - no big deal. BUT... there was ash in my beer. I guess you can't win 'em all.

>.< ahhh the wonderful NuB experiences...
Here goes nothing.
1. Holding a coal hot coal in my tongs and going from the stove in the kitchen to the outside patio across the apartment... >.> Then I made the fatal mistake of stopping and checking my computer. My grip on the tongs loosened and coal fell to the Lenolium floor and the coal burst into about 20 different pieces and now I have burn potch marks all over my floor...Did I mention I rent an apartment?

2. Not reminding a friend, that my other friends hookah hose was much shorter then mine...And had a hookah fall on the floor and burnt my carpet.
3. Turning on the wrong burner.
4. Forgetting coals on the burner only to return to the ash of my coals.
5. the shisha smelt so good I stuck my tongue out to taste the tasty smell ...
and the worst of them all
6. Tipping over my Mya Petite...while it was already on the floor and being smoked out of... 0_o go ahead explain that...

While at a party i had a few drinks and we decided that it was time to fire up the hookahs. While we were smoking my intoxicated friend stumbled over and bumped the hookah i was standing by and out of reaction i saw the coals fall off and instinctily grabbed one before it hit the ground....lol it didnt take long for me to drop it.

• 1 month later...
Well first as so many others I have forgotten to turn on the burner. But here's something original. The nigjht before I washed my hookah, so everything is setup and ready to burn (bake) I am smoking Nakhla Mandarin and chocomint mix (one of my faves). I am smoking for about 20 min with no smoke before I realized no ball bearing in the purge valve.

The other night, my friend and I were at the hookah bar sitting in kind of a crappy spot. So when a group of people got up and left the corner, I had her run over and steal a seat in order to "claim it." I decided I'd handle carrying the hookah over there because she has no idea about hookahs or how they work (she'd probably grab it by only the stem, lol). Anyway, I put the coal in the tray so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling off and landing on somebody's foot or whatever. Set it down at our new table, started smoking again a couple minutes later, and was really confused as to why no smoke was coming out. I forgot to put the darned coal back on, lol. I looked around to make sure no one saw me, I don't think they did, but it was still embarrassing.

-Started smoking without a downstem once.
-washed a non washable hose with my first hookah, and it turned into a giant rust-spewing nasty-ass hookah serpant.
-Played wii next to a 30 inch hookah. Whoops! I owe someone 80 bucks. Hahahaha.

Oh come on, I was a noob. Cut me some slack. Damn.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' date='18 April 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1271630168' post='464173']
-Started smoking without a downstem once.
[/quote]

Lol... I've done this.

The other day at the lounge, we had a hose just sitting on the counter by some other hookahs. It wasn't connected to anything, just lying there. So I walk up while I was talking to someone across the bar and start pulling on that hose. It took me about 2 seconds to realize what was going on, and I felt like a total nub. Although, I did feel better after one of my partners and another one of our servers did the exact same thing. NUBS! :P