"Nub" Moves...

1. Going to take a pull then realizing there's no coals OR bowl on the hookah. Nub.
2. Checking on the coals that you put on the coil burned 10 minutes ago only to realize you forgot to turn it on.
3. Going to flip the coals with your fingers. NUB.
4. Smoking double apple only to find out it tastes like butt. (sorry for those dub. app. lovers. this one doesn't pertain to me.)
5. Forgetting to put holes in the tinfoil.

Share yours.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stuie' date='17 February 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1266441227' post='451963']
I have packed and prepped a bowl and got coals lit only to realize... i didn't put any water in the base.
[/quote]

Guilty. Done it once...

Also I've got the coals ready only to realize I forgot to poke holes...

[quote name='ihcake' date='17 February 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1266440230' post='451961']
1. Going to take a pull then realizing there's no coals OR bowl on the hookah. Nub.
2. Checking on the coals that you put on the coil burned 10 minutes ago only to realize you forgot to turn it on.
3. [color="#FF0000"]Going to flip the coals with your fingers. NUB.[/color]
4. Smoking double apple only to find out it tastes like butt. (sorry for those dub. app. lovers. this one doesn't pertain to me.)
5. Forgetting to put holes in the tinfoil.

Share yours.
[/quote]

I have to say, I haven't had a noob moment in sometime now lol.

But regarding your #3 thought there..you should ask some of the people that I smoke with..it's not exactly official but they call me the human tongs lol. My index finger, middle, and my thumb have grown a bit numb to the heat for short instances.

its worse than a n00b, but not as bad a nublet....

as far as my nub moments go....i've have quite a few...

1. forgot to fill the vase with water (kept smoking without water since i was too lazy to take apart the hookah)
2. forgot to turn on coil burner
3. flipped charcoal with fingers
4. walked to the kitchen while still holding the hose (that was an interesting turn of events)
5. forgot to pack the bowl with tobacco
6. tried to balance a windcover on a large phunnel bowl (and causing it to fall and break)

probably too many to remember...

-Turned on the back electric stove burner and walked away... coals were sitting on the front. (I actually do this ALL the time...)
-I fired up a bowl of tangiers, and discovered I needed to pack more tobacco. I put the 3 lit coco halves on a small glass plate while I tended to the bowl... the glass plate exploded in half from the heat
-Lit up some coco's, threw them into the ashing tray without realizing it was very wet... coals went out. FAIL
-Tried to pick up 3 coco halves at once with the tongs, all of them fell on the wood floor and sparks flew everywhere... luckily no burn marks
-Purge valve got stuck...after a forceful blow the water shot up into the bowl. Needless to say I wasted an entire bowl and had to repack Edited by LZ22

[quote name='delSol_si' date='17 February 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1266448080' post='451996']
Thought the shisha smelled good, so took a bite.
[/quote]

^^^I've done this

I've also pinched the pea sized coals too hard with the tongs, causing them to shatter and shoot sparks everywhere. Edited by thatonethere

i've knocked my hookah over onto the hardwood floor one time

tried to take the bowl off with the coals still lit and burnt my hand

washed a non washable hose XD and smoked bubbles for a week lol

the first time i lit a QL i lit it in my room put it out in a class of water, lit another one put it on the hookah as it was igniting and pulled (yuck)

ive been smoking my own hookahs for about 7 months now..... still fresh but not much of a noob any longer

[quote name='lucky13' date='17 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1266466331' post='452072']
[b]i've knocked my hookah over onto the hardwood floor one time[/b]

tried to take the bowl off with the coals still lit and burnt my hand

[b]washed a non washable [/b]hose XD and smoked bubbles for a week lol

the first time i lit a QL i lit it in my room put it out in a class of water, lit another one put it on the hookah as it was igniting and pulled (yuck)

ive been smoking my own hookahs for about 7 months now..... still fresh but not much of a noob any longer
[/quote]

I've done both of these things also.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='17 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1266448080' post='451996']
[/quote]

You seriously tried to eat the shisha?

I havent done that, but Ive burnt myself with a wind cover by grabbing the top of because the handle was all twisted weird.

I cant think if Ive done anything else, will post in here again if I think of anything.

[quote name='Stuie' date='17 February 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1266441227' post='451963']
I have packed and prepped a bowl and got coals lit only to realize... i didn't put any water in the base.
[/quote]

was going to say that lol...followed by a 2 minute coughing fit from the raw smoke.

[quote name='Codename067' date='17 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1266443842' post='451971']

But regarding your #3 thought there..you should ask some of the people that I smoke with..it's not exactly official but they call me the human tongs lol. My index finger, middle, and my thumb have grown a bit numb to the heat for short instances.

[/quote]

haha i would have to agree with this, once they're on the bowl, my fingers are my tongs. they're all nice and callaced(sp)

anyway regarding your post. my carpet speaks for itself.

[quote name='ashes87' date='18 February 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1266474111' post='452096']
[quote name='delSol_si' date='17 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1266448080' post='451996']
[/quote]

You seriously tried to eat the shisha?
[/quote]
ya, and it never tastes as good as it smells :angry: actually, it taste quite terrible. it smelled good though, figured why not.

Worst thing ive ever done was smoking with my mates i had the tray of coal on the side of me and my iphone fell out of my pocket and fell in the try was there for about 5 mins when i smelt a burnt plastic smell look down and my protector case was melting...llolll got it out not even a scratch on the iphone.....

hook...

I had a customer once order a bowl of Orange with only a pinch of Jasmine. Somehow, the containers got switched while I was packing so I ended up delivering a bowl of Jasmine with a pinch of orange. Definately not what she wanted.

There's no good way to play that one off.

Also, we have a hookah that's always smoking at the lounge that we call our "community" hookah. I always seem to try to smoke it unaware that there's no bowl on the hookah whatsoever due to it being swapped for a new bowl. We DO have a way to play that one off. Once we realize there's no bowl and that we're a nub, we act like that last pull was intensely harsh and go into a coughing fit. The humor distracts most people from the fact that you're a nub. :)

Also turn on the wrong burner and don't realize it for 15 minutes.

The other day I tried just sucking off the stem (not using a hose at all). Flavor was horrible, it was harsh, was able to draw in too much/too easy. Not pleasant.

[quote name='mxtaylor' date='18 February 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1266517032' post='452199']
[b]Also turn on the wrong burner and don't realize it for 15 minutes.[/b]

The other day I tried just sucking off the stem (not using a hose at all). Flavor was horrible, it was harsh, was able to draw in too much/too easy. Not pleasant.
[/quote]

Did that too. My stove has a vent that auto kicks on when it gets too warm and it's usually the signal to go flip coals....heard it kick on went in there. Wrong burner was red.

A few people were over and they were drinking and game of gay chicken started resulting in someone attempting to cross their leg over mine. Instead they knocked the glass bowl off and sent the coals flying.

This has happened twice. TWICE. Within a two week period. Gay chicken is now banned from around the hookah.

Then a week after that I broke a third bowl when I knocked it off the counter when I was getting ready to pack it.

I've done the burner ones

My brother put a live coal in the trash (he thought it looked dead but didn't check). Burnt a hole through the trash can

Set up, started smoking, and then realized I was late for a doctors appointment.