Where Exactly Is Starbuzz Made?

I was just wondering the above. I know its supposedly a fully American product but I remember reading rumours on here that it is outsourced to Jordan or something. Where exactly is it made and who are the main distributors of it?

Some flavors are made in Jordan some are in the US. If you look at the plastic packaging. The ones with the starbuzz logo are made in Jordan and the ones without a logo on the packaging are made here in the US. This is because most of the American flavors Jordan doesnt make.

[quote name='annual' date='14 February 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1266168143' post='451391']
Some flavors are made in Jordan some are in the US. If you look at the plastic packaging. The ones with the starbuzz logo are made in Jordan and the ones without a logo on the packaging are made here in the US. This is because most of the American flavors Jordan doesnt make.
[/quote]

Really interesting, I didn't know any of it was actually made in the United States.

well the label says it uses Virginia tobacco, if that's the case Marlboro is one of the big buyers of Virgina tobacco around her, and i have heard rumors that Starbuzz does have corporate links with the cigarette company, but then again i do not know for a fact. I do know that Marlboro buys its tobacco from a friends relatives property not to far from my home.

as for distributes i have no idea but most hookah places have starbuzz, its a huge name.

and i know that Marlboro does sell kretek / clove cigs which i do believe are made in Jordan and sold here in the US

[quote name='ZAP' date='14 February 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1266196085' post='451452']
Interesting...

Anyone know who the main distributors are of it? Is it SocialSmoke?
[/quote]

There are tons of distributors out there. Social Smoke is just one the highest volume vendors out there. That is why they have a "Social Smoke" Flavor but I think if I remember correctly just an original flavor with a different label.

Stay on target......

It was my understanding that soem is made in Jordan and soem in the US. I never picked up on the inside packaging being the tell tale. Thanks for that.

I imagine if you were wanting large enough volume you could go directly to SB.

I get most of mine from a local NC distributor connected with Southsmoke.

One of the biggest physical location that distributes Starbuzz tobacco is called "Shisha Center" if I'm not mistaken [don't confuse the website with the physical business name], they are also one of the biggest Layalina distributors.

Their office is located in Anaheim on a street called Brookhurst.

And yes Lauren, they do use Virginia Tobacco. I think they call it "French" Virginia tobacco.

Starbuzz is rumored to have started producing all their tobacco in the US. Additionally, also rumored they have updated their packaging equipment so that the Starbuzz emblem is on all packages. I have not confirmed either of these points though.

In terms of Virginia Tobacco, it is irrelevant. Virgina tobacco is a type and there are grades and cures of Virginia tobacco that are less suitable for hookah tobacco than others. Especially if you wash the tobacco and remove the nicotine...it removes most of the sugars and other tobacco quality marks that would differentiate it from other tobaccos. Lets put it a different way...if you wash the nicotine out, all tobaccos are pretty much the same...I have used Virginia tobacco in test batches and noticed no difference in quality...even in unwashed tobacco. Many tobaccos are actually blends of many types of tobacco, some of which might be Virginian. Blended tobaccos are made by tobacco blenders to emphasize different qualities...Virginian tobacco is undoubtedly used in most of them...the best indicator of the quality is the quality of the blend of tobacco. Unblended tobaccos have their high points, but are more variable than a blend that uses several or more types of tobacco.

StarBuzz tobacco has recently seen a lot of growth. Just this year they opened up Hookah bars in riverside, temeculah and Fulleton. Also new offices in southern california as well as Texas and Jordan. I think the original is in Anaheim but Im not sure if brookhurts street in anaheim is the original. They also have a plant in Jordan and texas. They may use Virginian tobacco but Isn't that just a style? The three main places are texas, Anaheim and Jordan.